Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rep Exploits Need A Stop

7grims

All this rep exploit is turning the game into something very very stupid.

Recruit chat as a constant "draco/stephano please exca+trin" over and over every 5 seconds.

If the host doesn't have a exca or a trin, why would anyone join him anyway, seems like he inst bringing anything to help the squad...

Also, someone invented that awesome exca+trin combo, doesn't mean its the ultimate best, so try to be original and inviting new ways to win or new formations.

But worse, ppl spent their hours playing draco/stephano over and over, they will end up saturated and give up this mindless game on its totality.

I also go to draco, but I never recruit, I just get on the map, either ppl join or not, either its good players or not, either they bring good frames or not.

After wave 1-2-3-4 I'll just measure the team and see if it worth going further.

But today I got unlucky, I entered in a exca & trin idiotic-exploit-farm-500-turbo.

Not only I was criticized for not standing still and leech, but I was pressured to leave on the next round, somehow me going around killing enemies with my secondaries, was interfering in their leeching leisure time O_O

As much as I agree, there is simply no way (or at least, no simple way) to solve this.

You will always have those players who want to just power level themselves to the max rather than spending time playing the game proper, and considering the repetitive nature of Warframe, it only amplifies the amount of rep farming and "exploits" that we see in it.

Even if they did to Stephano and Dravo what they did to Viver, it wouldn't really change anything. People are always looking for the "best" and most "efficient" way to farm reputation and gear rank. If they want to spend their time in Warframe with mind-crushing tedium, who's to say they're wrong? I personally would rather just rank up gear the old-fashioned way, but I respect someone's decision to go the easier route.

Don't join those groups. Block the people who are rude or report them.

I like people who are jerks to me because I can easily just block them and never have to speak to them again. It saves me the trouble later.

Regardless. It is up to the person. If they want to repetitively farm for rep then good for them. Let them do it.

The problem is the way they handle the Syndicate exp gain; it would make more sense to get the biggest bonus from the syndicate missions themselves and not any other normal mission. It would take way longer but that's the best way to do it to prevent excessive point grinding.

clans did this sort of thing even before rep was on the board. exp farming just happened to give rep as well. 

no point in getting upset about it now. its like when women were given rights and then suddenly it was so bad to drink that it had to be made illegal.

The problem is the way they handle the Syndicate exp gain; it would make more sense to get the biggest bonus from the syndicate missions themselves and not any other normal mission. It would take way longer but that's the best way to do it to prevent excessive point grinding.

There are already caps...

This shouldn't even be an issue.

People could be less... toxic in those farming areas. But then again, you can always run into a d*** in public squads, it's the risk that comes with pugs. DE can't play whack-a-mole with every remotely efficient way people eventually find forever. All you're gonna achieve is to get trinity nerfed again.

On one hand, yes, it's a method of farming...a fairly mindless one, but a method nonetheless.  If the OP didn't want pugs, they shouldn't expect that their pug team follow their own mindset.  As well, with a reputation cap, such players can't just break the economy by mindlessly running the same mission using the same stale strategy.

On the other hand, that sort of AOE spamming is pretty stale gameplay.  Players could probably spend their time more wisely by doing other missions that require a little more from their brain.  Not to be insulting or anything, but doing brainless tasks, whether in work or play, numbs the brain.  Players who enact such strategies over and over are probably losing points to their IQ...

Your complaining about people that are grinding out somthing, somthing theyed probobly rather not be doing and trying to get it over with as soon as possible..

Now I dont know, as I play in xbox, only MR 11 and I'm not consumed with hitting rep cap every day, but if you're making it take longer for them then you prob should back out of the group as you seem to have different goals.

But I sympathise with ya, just standing around acuing rep aint no fun.

I was today on stephano with my Mirage (totally own the whole map) and got 3 ppl joined with a Rank 0 Nix Prime.

But you know what? I didn't care because when i do Dungeon i do it the way that i could get the same result as when i play solo.

And on top of it they were happy that i leveled them.

Sorry but all i see in your post is some QQ over stuff that nobody cares

3b0241c9f06118600eaa2271ac5a0e11c619bc72

Even with the Daily rep cap some ppl don't wanna grind 4 hours to get their rep. If you don't like how Draco/Stephano be done then don't do it.

Edited by Nakimato

Too bad for them, I never do anything like that, because I know I'll burn myself out on the game. Even so, I have no problem hitting my MR18 daily cap of 38000 (?) And my syndicates are capped out anyway, waiting for new augments/weapons to be released.

I never knew about Viver until it escalated into a s%storm, and never knew about Draco until you mentioned it. My level-up cycle is casual killing at Appolodorus, then Elara, then Sechura, with alerts and syndicate missions thrown inbetween. If people enjoy power-leveling, let them do that, while you play the game the way you enjoy it.

What's Warframe without abilitys?Boring 3rd person shooter. CD wouldnt work players wont let CD happen.Don't fix what DOESN'T NEED TO BE FIXED.

I don't have a problem with abilities. But when they're just a means to an item, what's the fun? What's the fun in min-maxing for one ability and forgetting all the others? Of course it needs to be fixed, people can go whole games without ever seeing enemies, because they press one button and everything is gone.