Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime For Endgame

(PSN)SpearOfTheKnight

Question

12 answers to this question

Personally I'd swap out Malignant Force with an Ammo Mutation, as the Braton Prime is terribly inefficient, especially with Shred boosting it's fire rate. Braton P has a nice high status chance, but it's only really worth it if you've got all the event mods to take advantage of it.

Personally I'd swap out Malignant Force with an Ammo Mutation, as the Braton Prime is terribly inefficient, especially with Shred boosting it's fire rate.

Either I'm using different BratonP or you are using it wrong. Either way, OP is better off stocking on ammo restores instead of wasting slots on ammo mutation. Proccing multiple times per shot (on multiple enemies) is much more valuable than ammo efficiency, especially when teammates are around.

Hi, Braton Prime is definitely viable for end-game due to that very high status proc while it's biggest downside is ammo inefficiency making a DPH build a better choice. DPH means "Damage Per Hit", this mean you don't prioritize having higher DPS and instead want to have better ammo efficiency by hitting harder with each bullet.

There are 2 builds I suggest,

1. Pug Setup (Not everyone is using Corrosive Projection Aura)

EnigzVZ.jpg

It might seem funny why there is Crit mods there when Braton P doesn't have huge Crit stats. Well, even if you try putting Shred and another 90% elem mod, trust me, you won't beat the Burst and Sustained of this build unless you removed the dual stat elem mods and put 90% elem mods.

2. Organized Setup (Everyone uses Corrosive Projection Aura)

RaoY18Z.jpg

This time you'll only be focusing on maximizing your Viral damage with just one dual status mod to kick the status chance to 50%. Radiation is a big no-no for a squad using 4x Corrosive Projection Aura because the armors are already stripped making Bombards have only their red health bar. Since we're talking about end-game which is the Voids, Radiation will only do 25% more damage against the Fusion Moa and it's Drone.

Just another pointer, both Calypso and Mogamu doesn't always have the best builds. I'm quite sure that they don't even know the meaning of "Diminishing Returns" which is the reason they both stack 4 elem mods time to time.

1 + 1 = 2, 100% increase

2 + 1 = 3, 50% increase

3 + 1 = 4, 33.3% increase

Now imagine those numbers as your elem mods on a Loadout, that is the DPS increase you get each time you stack another elem mod over and over. Think wisely.

I like to run with the 60/60 elec mod on top of Viral for Void; I find the AoE stun from the electric proc pretty valuable and the added status% is worth diluting the proc pool. I find Shred very useful.

http://goo.gl/oOIyiR etc.

The proc mods arent bad but you have to drop Shred or a status mod to fit them and you lose out on a lot of status.

Hi, Braton Prime is definitely viable for end-game due to that very high status proc while it's biggest downside is ammo inefficiency making a DPH build a better choice. DPH means "Damage Per Hit", this mean you don't prioritize having higher DPS and instead want to have better ammo efficiency by hitting harder with each bullet.

There are 2 builds I suggest,

1. Pug Setup (Not everyone is using Corrosive Projection Aura)

EnigzVZ.jpg

It might seem funny why there is Crit mods there when Braton P doesn't have huge Crit stats. Well, even if you try putting Shred and another 90% elem mod, trust me, you won't beat the Burst and Sustained of this build unless you removed the dual stat elem mods and put 90% elem mods.

2. Organized Setup (Everyone uses Corrosive Projection Aura)

RaoY18Z.jpg

This time you'll only be focusing on maximizing your Viral damage with just one dual status mod to kick the status chance to 50%. Radiation is a big no-no for a squad using 4x Corrosive Projection Aura because the armors are already stripped making Bombards have only their red health bar. Since we're talking about end-game which is the Voids, Radiation will only do 25% more damage against the Fusion Moa and it's Drone.

Just another pointer, both Calypso and Mogamu doesn't always have the best builds. I'm quite sure that they don't even know the meaning of "Diminishing Returns" which is the reason they both stack 4 elem mods time to time.

1 + 1 = 2, 100% increase

2 + 1 = 3, 50% increase

3 + 1 = 4, 33.3% increase

Now imagine those numbers as your elem mods on a Loadout, that is the DPS increase you get each time you stack another elem mod over and over. Think wisely.

This guy knows what he's doing.

Ran a couple Void Survivals with mine (3 forma) just the other day, after being away from the game for quite a bit, just to see how it still handled.

High Voltage, Malignant Force, Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Stormbringer, Fanged Fusillade, Ammo Mutation. Went pretty well up to lvl 75/80 enemies, when damage started to really fall off. By the 50 min mark (T2 Surv) I needed to use ammo restores, even tho I was going for headshots whenever possible. I was running my Loki with Irradiating Disarm tho, to make up for the no-Corrosive-Projection setup and 4fun team-composition (one Nekros and one Limbo). Still love the weapon.

So yeah IMHO definitely viable, and you can use ammo restores instead of ammo mutation surely. Corrosive damage is a must tho if are not running Corrosive Projection across the board and plan to stay for another go at the cruel Rotation C rewards. If you are running Corrosive Projection auras, I suggest Radiation + Toxin or Viral, or Viral + Fire/Ice, but that is a personnaly choice, as I prefer easier conga-line headshots to Blast knockdowns.

Either I'm using different BratonP or you are using it wrong. Either way, OP is better off stocking on ammo restores instead of wasting slots on ammo mutation. Proccing multiple times per shot (on multiple enemies) is much more valuable than ammo efficiency, especially when teammates are around.

Ammo mutation is not the worst thing in the world but I do agree that if you just aim for the head in bursts of two/three you can probably do without one.  The gun is super accurate for a full auto rifle.