The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Shield Disruption Aura Useful By Having It Affect Nullifiers

TrinityPrime

225px-ShieldDisruptionModU145.png

Would this mod be useful at all if it was changed to affect the Nullifier Nullifying shield?  

Specifically if it affected the rate at which the Null shield can be collapsed since it has a hard cap at how quickly it can be reduced.  I never see this aura otherwise, while I do see some pubs running physique, probably because they don't have rejuvenation.

Yes? No? Thoughts?

Considering it's - aura, there are so many other, more useful, auras available that this runs WAY down the list of priority.

If the value were 50% higher (capping around 36%) affected nullifiers by that percentage by lowering the initial bubble size and regen speed... 

it still wouldn't be as useful in t3 and t4 missions as corrosive projection is. (but having one person throw it on wouldn't be a terrible plan)

it would at least give it some use.

Gonna go with no, because changing one mod to affect one mob is not the right way to make it useful. With enough damage/firerate you can take care of a nullifire's shield really easily, so you and your team would still end up running the same auras you would normally. 

Seems like it would just encourage players to think "welp there be nullifiers on this mission better use shield disruption" and eventually "high lvl corpus/void? better use shield disruption".  It might leave the bad taste of using it just to deal with one extremely annoying, OP mob class.

Also, nullifiers should not block bullets in the first place.  Leave that to the arctic eximi (I think that's the plural term).  A nullifier should only be able to block bullets and abilities if it is also an arctic eximus, and should only be able to block bullets with the snow globe.

While this would be an interesting addition it doesn't invalidate shield disruption as it is now. Just because it isn't widely used doesn't make it a useless mod. It has practical applications it's just that no one bothers to look for them. Who knows, shield disruption might just become the meta someday all because one small group of people decided to see what it was good for. Of course I'm just spouting hypotheticals here but you get my point.

Given that shields have no armor, and tend to go down quite quickly, with no significantly challenging shielded enemies anyway, it's a pretty useless aura.

That said, this kind of 'fix' doesn't really solve the issue. It just makes something that's otherwise useless become necessary for a single situation against a single enemy, either hurting aura diversity in that situation by being the obvious choice, or being completely negligible by not really being worth it still.

There's no inbetween there. Extremely specialized stuff always winds up that way.

I think, if anything, the best way to improve aura diversity is to make it so using the same aura doesn't stack.(and adjust auras designed to stack accordingly) that makes things like Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection less appealing because you can't reach the same energy regen/armour reduction rate as you could before, while also providing more incentive to use a diverse set of auras for multiple effects(like rejuvination, rifle amp, steel charge, ect)

On that note, Energy Siphon aught to be a D or V polarity, since there's so many - polarity auras already, and not enough Ds, as well as the only not - auras worth using being Rejuvination and maybe Steel Charge, just for it's capacity.

That, or make it a = polarity or something.

I'd support Energy Siphon being a D, and Corrosive Projection being a V, since energy siphon is more of a sustainability/support/defensive type aura, and corrosive projection is more about dealing extra damage anyway.

Edited by Greenery

Given that shields have no armor, and tend to go down quite quickly, with no significantly challenging shielded enemies anyway, it's a pretty useless aura.

That said, this kind of 'fix' doesn't really solve the issue. It just makes something that's otherwise useless become necessary for a single situation against a single enemy, either hurting aura diversity in that situation by being the obvious choice, or being completely negligible by not really being worth it still.

There's no inbetween there. Extremely specialized stuff always winds up that way.

I think, if anything, the best way to improve aura diversity is to make it so using the same aura doesn't stack.(and adjust auras designed to stack accordingly) that makes things like Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection less appealing because you can't reach the same energy regen/armour reduction rate as you could before, while also providing more incentive to use a diverse set of auras for multiple effects(like rejuvination, rifle amp, steel charge, ect)

On that note, Energy Siphon aught to be a D or V polarity, since there's so many - polarity auras already, and not enough Ds, as well as the only not - auras worth using being Rejuvination and maybe Steel Charge, just for it's capacity.

That, or make it a = polarity or something.

I'd support Energy Siphon being a D, and Corrosive Projection being a V, since energy siphon is more of a sustainability/support/defensive type aura, and corrosive projection is more about dealing extra damage anyway.

Stacking auras reward planning, it should stay that way imo.

As for aura polarities, before we change anything we need aura polarity swap back. If you change aura polarites even with swap it's still going to screw with many builds, especially no forma builds since they can't swap at all.

Stacking auras reward planning, it should stay that way imo.

As for aura polarities, before we change anything we need aura polarity swap back. If you change aura polarites even with swap it's still going to screw with many builds, especially no forma builds since they can't swap at all.

Stacking auras does the opposite of reward planning. Instead of having people discuss what auras are important to the team/who should carry each one, you just stack energy siphon/corrosive projection and go at it.

On the other hand, if auras didn't stack, you'd get people saying "well, rejuvination would help because I can use rage to get energy, could you use that?" or "heavy armour is going to be a problem, someone use corrosive projection, I'll take energy siphon!"

Not sure what you mean with aura polarity swap. I forma'd my Frost Prime's aura polarity.

I'd be in favor of having aura polarities save and be switchable, but I don't think that's going to happen.