Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #45!

[DE]Rebecca

Could you, at some point, give us a sort of walk-through your office in a stream at some point that touches on all the aspects and requirements an idea has to iterate through to go from concept into being something in-game as well as maybe the time that each step takes?

I think it would be pretty interesting as well as give the community a good window into just how much work it takes for changes or new ideas to be implemented.

Question:

Founder/Grandmaster Status:
I know this sound very awkward, but would the Founder/Grandmaster Status can be bought as exclusive in the upcoming events? Like the upcoming 2nd Anniversary of Warframes (PC).

Excaliber Prime: (Requested by a friend)
A friend of mine as me, If Excaliber Prime would be return as an exclusive throwback Warframe? 

Plans:
What are your plans for Feb 2015?

Prime MODS/Weapons/Warframe:
What's next for the Prime MODS?
What's the next Prime Weapon? Prime Akvasto? Prime Magnus?
Who's the next Primed Warframe? Give us a hint.

Suggestion:

Music Player:
Well, this just option. But it's fun to listen your favorite songs/music from time to time while playing warframes. I know you can alt+tab then open your music player, but sometimes you want to change the music/song then you'll get interrupted while playing on a mission cause of alt+tab and DC . Add a small music player on UI while on liset or hidden while doing mission/alert. Like the chat box being hidden when not in use or busy doing mission/alert.

Buffing Up MOD:
Actually, This is important to every Tenno. Streamline needs a badly buffing up cause Fleeting Expertise eats up 1 or 2 slot on warframe mods just to counter the negative. Those 1 or 2 slot is needed for other mods. (There are only 2 mods for POWER EFFICIENCY on frame mods)

(Optional) Intensify needs a little buffing up, so it can be added up with Transient Fortitude. Intensify + Transient Fortitude = Almost Blind Rage with a little to counter the negative effect.

Animation/Movie:
Rebecca, Geoff, Steve, Sheldon and Scott. Here's a question that is really interesting. Would the DE consider making an animation/movie of Warframes: Orokin Era or Before the Old War Lore. Cause it would be great to watch an awesome epic lore/story before Warframes are made. 
Edited by DHVirus

Is there any plans to make the UI have individual scaleable parts?

While I do like the minimilistic size and scaleability of some of it (health bars / party list) I would like to be able to keep these things small but still raise the text size of the items picked up, while turning off  or moving the messages for energy/health/ammo pick up. Having a fully customizable UI would go quite a ways into making the game a bit more personal.

Are there any plans to make the Chat window actually remember your last open tab?

I play with a small group and we like to just use the Clan chat, but everytime the game goes through any kind of loading transition it always switches back to the squad chat. This can get pretty cumbersome at times.

Edited by WellGramarye

Will there be more purpose brought into the game? Obviously, story/lore has been wanted and asked for for a long time and it is much needed. Are the Grineer evil? Is the Lotus good? Are the Tenno even good or are they just mercenaries blindly doing what they are told? Not that killing a crazy amount of enemies isn't fun (otherwise I and many other people wouldn't have hundreds of hours playing), but what is the purpose? Are we trying to stop the Grineer from taking over the galaxy/universe? If that is the case, wouldn't having a mission in a city (complete with civilians) that the Grineer are currently trying to take over or destroy be awesome? It would at least display a semblance of purpose and show some sort of good/evil in this game. Just an example of course. Trying to stop enemies that are "conquering" empty planets devoid of almost any life seems less like a mission and more of a pointless killing spree.

Could we possibly see a mission at some point where the team is forced to split up? What if there was one like when we fought Mesa where we were fighting a mini boss or Grineer controlled frame and we had to split up and each fight it in 4 separate rooms (I say Grineer because the cloning could be the reason for multiple instances of one frame)? Maybe everyone fight separately and then join up right after for the actual boss fight. That would be an epic mission IMO. Would also make people learn to not rely just on teammates.

Regarding the current problem with Ability Spam being the primary approach to completing missions, has DE considered the following solution which I have temporarily labeled as Tactic Selections?

Description of what Tactic Selections involves Below :

Host Elects a Tactic (such as stealth, camping, run and gun etc..) at the start of the mission and then the squad/solo player must complete the mission relying a majority of the time on that tactic.

At the end, they are awarded X experience points (based on what percentage of the mission was completed using their elected Tactic) and they receive the mission reward if the tactic percentage is 50% or higher.

Mission rewards could be unique for every Tactic option available for that particular node and so to get ALL possible rewards, you would need to run the map and complete it successfully using all possible Tactic options.

Possible Issues

- Players would need to be skilled at all tactics in order to complete the mission and receive all possible rewards.

- Players could no longer exploit spawn glitches to gain fast XP as the maximum XP a player can gain would now be based on the percentage of the mission that was completed using the elected Tactic and as such would have a hard cap per run.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

yay devstream, cant wait for the devstream.

Question :

when we get Tactical Alert or Event or u16? getting boring lately, everyday just login for reputation farm, doing daily alert then logout.

need something challenging, u know i feel empty see navigation console just normal alert or even empty.

DE, Please add more spice and involvment to your grame, as it stands you are basically a game of endless grinding which I have lost hours of my life to (Non-regrettably) but, I'm growing tired of red farming. Will you please add material to, like call of duty, battlefield, etc. type missions, not neccecarily like those games but missions where there is a plot and your doing epic stunts like jumping out of an exploding grineer ship and falling through space as you blast fighters zooming through the air and then land on a corpus ship where some badass robot with a bull whip or something and you start fighting and make the ship crash into a planet and you are greated by a grineer prisoner capture team. SOMETHING like this would bring out the full potential in your game. You guys have your marketing and infrastructure perfect but the game itself has so much more potential. Please add some boomy-boomy oh my god stuff? Thanks 

When will I be able to replay past events through the Questing System?

Long ago, someone said something about being able to replay events through the questing system, is that still happening? If so, will the rewards for the event be obtainable through there(please say yes)? I believe the rewards should be available because unless someone has paid for said reward, it is fair game. If you pay for an exclusive item then your money went there partly because it was a limited time offer, therefore making something like the Founders Packs available again is akin to robbery. However event mods/weapons shouldn't because players were just in the right place at the right time, no money was paid and no promise they would be exclusive. Therefore that isn't robbery. 

I have had this opinion since long before I started to miss events. I really want my buddy to be able to experience the sweet bliss that is the Strun Wraith. So I ask you DE: Can I haz event rewards?

Thanks for your time! ;-D

EDIT: If you Devs read this, I am a long time player and a fan of what you guys do, keep up the good work.

Edited by DeceptionBlade

are we ever going to have anything to do in this game besides grind? to me at least, there isn't muhc to do in this game besides level up gear to get better gear.

and also, the star chart is pretty much barren (except for a few places where people group up to grind), and i was wondering if anything is going to be done about it

Edited by ImNotJellyAtAll

1. It's been a while since there have been any additions to the companion system. There were talks of adding personalities for each of the sentinels. Is this still the case, and do you have anything else planned for the companions? 

2. Any word on the new glaive, venka,  and longsword stances? 

3. Many PS4 players like the obsidian skin for Excalibur. Any plans to add more dynamic skins for other warframes? (not talking ps4 exclusive) 

Edited by (PS4)DanceOnUrGav3

Are we ever going to get more re-skins? Not retextures like your day of the dead or corpus shock troop "Skins" but REAL re-skins. Like the proto-excal?

Also have you considered out of the norm type accessories, such as a backpack full of ammo instead of a scarf?

And Are you ever gonna show some old guns some love? None of the bratons have a proper reload animation yet. Neither do many of your earlier made weapons.

With the advent of tenno-gen we seem to have the opportunity to build new things within the community and have them implemented in the game.

A noteworthy example would be fulcrvm's recent thread showing concepts of proto-skins for some other frames.

Link: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386373-prototype-warframes-added-ash/

The responses to these concepts were quite positive, with a majority of players asking to see them in game.

So I guess my question would be; How far out of the realm of possibility is it for us to get skins as substantial as these put into the game through tenno-gen or by other means?

PS

The second anniversary of warframe is just over a month away. Would you be willing to disclose what you are intending to release, or would you rather keep that knowledge under your hat? (I don't really have Limbo joke to enter here)

Also, there is a lot of speculation as to whether or not a NYX proto-skin will happen. What are your comments on this speculation?

////

Apologies if the link is bad