Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

Check release dates before posting. PS4 didn't get founders pack for no good reason. But thats not the topic at hand. The point is, as it stands now excalibur prime is never getting any stat changes.

Where did DE say he isn't getting any stat changes? You can't claim that if DE has never stated it.

Check release dates before posting. PS4 didn't get founders pack for no good reason. But thats not the topic at hand. The point is, as it stands now excalibur prime is never getting any stat changes.

i could very well be mistaken here, but this sounds like mirth towards the fact that PS4 was not included within the purchase areas of the founders packs. frankly, ps4 wasn't needed to solidify a foothold in the gaming community as a whole, financially speaking. the rest of us founders, as well as the even larger and more numerous amount of people who bought plat with hard cash. Point being, the game was established, and therefore xbox and ps4 really weren't needed in the founders program.

Like I said somewhere above, I see it somewhat neutral, but when people insist on arguing against it...

Funny thing though, I said the same than you somewhere above. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother reading this whole topic if you weren't already into it.

I hope I've made my position clear that I'm not against Excal Prime getting a Buff, and indeed I think all Prime frames should be buffed.  As it is now, I have no reason to farm for Nova Prime when vanilla Nova is so easy to acquire.  I'd be much more interested in earning or buying prime frames if they had a marked difference over their non-prime counterparts.  Aesthetic differences, an extra polarity slot, and "Energy balls in the Tower recharge you" are not sufficient differences, in my opinion.

Conversely, I understand why Excal Prime may not have been looked at or "overlooked" because there is a lot more game out there than a founder-exclusive Frame, spanning 3 platforms.

Primes should be Sidegrades. Just shiny with less forma to spend and a small buff here and debuff there.

Weren´t they lorewise just for ceremonial purpose AND NOT FOR COMBAT anyway?

/thread

@Excal Prime: he should stay exclusive, fine we get it. But if he can only obtained by paying money, he should get NO buff because it would be a pay2win situation. Never go pay2win.

Edited by P0int.Zer0

Primes should be Sidegrades. Just shiny with less forma to spend and a small buff here and debuff there.

/thread

@Excal Prime: he should stay exclusive, fine we get it. But if he can only obtained by paying money, he should get NO buff because it would be a pay2win situation. Never go pay2win.

your logic baffles me. how would a slight advantage over the normal counterpart make it pay to win, when it's falling in line with the rest of the primes. is it because it cannot be attained anymore that you'd consider it pay to win? because even then a slightly faster recharge rate wouldn't be a pay to win, considering what winning is actually going on? "ohhhh my shield regnerates faster than yours, puny nonfounder trash" <-----is this what you're imagining?

look, a lot of you are going to have to understand that limited timed items DO exist. just because you missed out, be whatever the reason, the fact of the matter is that these things DO exist, ARE being used by those fortunate/timely/lucky/in posession of enough available money to do so, and therefore do require the occasional balancing act as time goes by. just because you've no ownership of it, does not give you the right, or even the assumption of a right, to adamantly deny it because it's not yours too.

if excal prime needs a buff, give him a buff. if he doesn't then don't. but those screaming no just because ya don't have him, shame on you.

Edited by ObviousLee

/thread

Pretty sure the primes were the original warframes built on superior Orokin technology. The syandana scarfs and sugatra weapon attachments were the ceremonial pieces they wore. The standard frames are the modern mass production copies that the Lotus created sometime around the Tenno betraying their Orokin masters following their victory over the Sentients (the Old War that Cephalon Ordis talks about). One theory says that high ranking Tenno (the founders) wore prime suits, and the grunts wore the standard suits.

Personally, I don't need a buff to my EPeen. I just wish all platforms could play with each other so I could show my awesome founders swag to all the wonderful tenno grunts on ps4 and xcrack1.

/thread

Wow you know nothing of WarFrame lore.

Primes are the Originals. The Alphas. The apex of Orokin Technology. They are literally the best of the best and the things that are in the Star Chart today are just the knock offs that try to be what the Prime WarFrames are. So no, they shouldn't be side grades, that makes absolutely no sense.

/comment.

How is it pay to win? A slight shield recharge boost breaks the game? Oh please, enough with that. He deserves to get a buff because he is a Prime WarFrame. Just because you don't like it doesn't me we need to break Lore simply for a few butt hurt people.

How is it pay to win? A slight shield recharge boost breaks the game? Oh please, enough with that. He deserves to get a buff because he is a Prime WarFrame. Just because you don't like it doesn't me we need to break Lore simply for a few butt hurt people.

ANY advantage you can  only get by paying real money is by definition pay2win. Yes even a slight recharge increase or +1 health.

Lore: thanks for the update, no reason to get hostile imo.

ANY advantage you can  only get by paying real money is by definition pay2win. Yes even a slight recharge increase or +1 health.

i still fail to see how or why you have any honest voice in this discussion. you will not feel any impact of any changes made, as you do not nor will not ever have the equipment in question. this is like trying to stop a community vote on a slight performance increase to a select car clubs vehicles and you want it stopped because you as a jealous neighbor weren't living in the neighborhood when the community had a Ferrari give-away for 250 bucks a car =/

Edited by ObviousLee

Your Argument is invalid. Excal Prime deserves some Better stats as all primes do.

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg

In all honesty, this keeps coming back to one issue. The fact that Excal Prime and all his weapons are no longer allowed in rotation. I get the premise of the Founders Pack, so I'm not calling for them to be brought back. However, if you want a stop to the hate, thats the only way its going to happen. Past that, Founders get flak not because of gear but because of an elitist attitude that while most founders might not have, quite a few do and brag often about their Primes.

Now let's be honest here, you want a buff for exclusive PAID ONLY content. That's content that can't come back that required cash. Keywords: CAN'T COME BACK. The problem with that varies.

1) Its a lato and a skana. If you want buffs for them, the originals are in need of buffs far before that. Lato and Skana are old relics of weapons that only stand as starting gear. You get the equivalent of buffed starting gear. That's it. Lato Prime shouldn't be on par with lets say... Lex Prime. Nor Skana on par with Orthos Prime. These weapons are worlds apart in power in their non-primed forms. And rightfully so in their primed forms as well. They are better gear. Just because something is primed doesn't mean its going to be top-tier. Get that right.

2) Excal Prime and the rest of the founder set was pay only content. Its literal pay-to-win or paid advantage. Many people have issues with this as usually it encourages a bad mindset in development. That being said, buffing what was already exclusive gear is going to be met with distaste and conflict primarily because of the exclusivity of it. That's to be expected.

So, with that out of the way, I will say I want Lato Prime buffed. Even if I don't own it, I can see why it still needs a bit more of an edge. However, Skana Prime got a buff with the augment mod being made compatible and Excal is a frame. Excal shouldn't receive an ability that puts it over what other players are able to obtain. It would set a precedent that DE is willing to allow exclusive, one-time only obtainable content be better than what is readily available.

To the fellow who said "but da prime access stuff": Listen, DE has said multiple times that things like the Prime Extractors or Prime Armor are never off the table from coming back in the future. The only thing off the table is founder items. Your argument is pizza.

Edited by Heaven_Smile

No.

If Excalibur Prime gets a buff, so does Excalibur to match.  Frankly, the whole Orokin box energy thing is already P2W, but it's so freaking niche and just goes with the "it's a prime" rule as a baseline, I'll let this one little thing slide.

However, if Excalibur Prime gets a buff beyond what is Excalibur, then he must be made available again.  Same should be done for the Lato Prime if it ever gets buffed beyond the standard Lato.  At least, not before DE releases the Jagara only without the recoil of it's AK counterpart.  They're practically AKLato MKII's otherwise.

No.

If Excalibur Prime gets a buff, so does Excalibur to match.  Frankly, the whole Orokin box energy thing is already P2W, but it's so freaking niche and just goes with the "it's a prime" rule as a baseline, I'll let this one little thing slide.

However, if Excalibur Prime gets a buff beyond what is Excalibur, then he must be made available again.  Same should be done for the Lato Prime if it ever gets buffed beyond the standard Lato.  At least, not before DE releases the Jagara only without the recoil of it's AK counterpart.  They're practically AKLato MKII's otherwise.

YES!!!!

And Primes should get capes and a mission entrance that involves fireworks and a Power Ranger pose.

DE had better make it happen too...  /s

No.

Following your logic, Strun Wraith shouldn't be stronger than Strun. Same for all other Wraith/Vandal versions. Hence, totally defeating the purpose of it.

Following your logic, Strun Wraith shouldn't be stronger than Strun. Same for all other Wraith/Vandal versions. Hence, totally defeating the purpose of it.

but unlike Founder stuff, weapons like Strun Wraith can return again in a future event whenever DE decides to but thats probably gonna take some time.

Edited by Aeon66

but unlike Founder stuff, weapons like Strun Wraith can return again in a future event whenever DE decides to but thats probably gonna take some time.

Excalibur Prime is not available for me. So what? If he gets a buff, who am I to complain? Of course since he is a prime, he should get some Buffs. Small ones like an increase in Health, Armor, Shields, Stamina and Energy! 10 in each. Of course some people might complain: Blabla whine p2w. Etc. Etc. Of course that could count as p2w but if you look at it from a different angle, you might ask yourself: why is the Lato Prime better than the Lato? Of course! must be pay to win. What about the Skana Prime? Nerf it. Alright Excal Prime? No he shouldn't have stats or abilities he should get a nerf too[.]

DE can decide a lot, if you ask me. Maybe at 5year anniversary people get timegated access to Excalibur Prime too. Who knows?

Maybe at some point there will be so few active Excal Primes ingame that they decide offering a special prime access.