Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

I dont want to tell it "improvements"... if you think just a second about all other newer players. I've no problem with visual-exclusivity at all - just with exclusive powercreeps, because I think that is in long terms an unhealthy way for that game. And yes, I've generally a problem with similar cases (remember the Arcane-Helm-Dilemma). But Excal Prime is something special - because thats the only exclusive where DE has confirmed it will never be available again. All other exclusives have at least a small chance of beeing reintroduced.

@Turnoverman: Im not trying to create a problem - I try to help for solving one (dont sure if you mean me).

Actually, by definition anything with the tag "exclusive" can't come back 

nl7XDWA.png?1

Founders gear, Closed Beta and Arcane fall under that definition.

And newer players?  How does Excal Prime having a stat increase affect someone running around on Mercury?

His being a Founders perk is a self solving problem, he's not being produced any more and will eventually fade out due to Founders leaving the game.  

Instead of arguing about excalibur prime we need to talk about this player named "stalker" he is the only player with that type of helmet and it is unfair! He is just some troll elitist that shows it off all the time and kills you, that should be the main excalibur topic!

My issue isn't with some new version of Excalibur being released. It's with your saying that it'd be "unfair" if they didn't. And I've just explained why it wouldn't be unfair. That's all. It's only fair to the Founders that Excalibur Prime not be forgotten when it is in need of a slight stat buff, and again, the only thing that makes sense, imo, is a stamina buff, since Excalibur Prime, and Excalibur, are melee-based frames. Honestly, I'd say that both should receive a stamina buff, and then Excalibur Prime should receive a larger buff so that the Prime version does have one stat that is better than the non-Prime version.

With "unfair" I mean that fact that he is the only prime that isnt available for everyone. It would not be fair fo the newer players to be doomed to play with the weaker version - even if the difference isnt big.

I second you that Excal generally needs a buff, yes.

@Noamuth:

Yeah, founders gear isnt coming back - thats for sure. About the closed beta things im not completely sure - but I heard multiple times a lot of different states from DE about that items. The Arcanes arnt really exclusive, because they are tradeble.

And thanks, I know what "exclusive" really means.

I

With "unfair" I mean that fact that he is the only prime that isnt available for everyone. It would not be fair fo the newer players to be doomed to play with the weaker version - even if the difference isnt big.

I second you that Excal generally needs a buff, yes.

I don't get how you think it is inconsistent for OP stuff to be no longer available for new players. This whole argument that "Excal P cannot be buffed because it's not obtainable anymore and that's not fair" is completely stupid.

Snipetron. I missed this wep as I was new to the game when it was around. Even if Snipetron WAS still around, you could make the same argument argument Snipetron Vandal, which is also not obtainable and more powerful than the original. Strun Wraith. One of the most OP shotties in the game. I'm lucky in that I have this one. You can't get it anymore. You can only have the pansy regular Strun. Hah hah. Gorgon Wraith. Way better than the original, and again, you can't get it.

Latron Wraith. SILENT!! One of the sickest weps in the game imo. I don't have it, along with many other weps mentioned above. I'd love to have some of them, however it WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Does this mean that the owners of said weapons/gear, who did do whatever was required at the time to get these exclusive items, should be completely shafted and be left with underpowered gear? No. Get over yourselves.

Limited gear is a part of the game. Just because you can't have it doesn't mean jack. If limited items are being left in the dust due to power creep, they need buffs too.

Edited by zarvox

i have 0 problems with excalibur prime being shiny and highly exclusive, but leave it on just the cosmetic part, i it might dont make alot of sence but i will compare the exclusive founder stuff on other 2 games in airmech, the the alpha striker (striker is a class and alpha just a "founder" skin) have 0 buffs to the regular striker, in firefall, the founder Locust bike also have 0 advantage over the non-exclusive, bike what all this 3 have in common? they are all exclusive but only in cosmetics,

long story short: having excalibur prime buffed will cause nothing but many non-founders go highly butthurt... not saying all non-founders because some actualy agree

The shield regen thing has been debunked quite some time ago now. And Excalibur Prime isn't the only Prime that doesn't have any "bonus". I'd rather have Noobva Prime nerfed since she has TWO useful bonus attributes instead of one, where other Primes have either NONE or completely USELESS and illogical ones.

Edited by Marthrym

I dont want to tell it "improvements"... if you think just a second about all other newer players. I've no problem with visual-exclusivity at all - just with exclusive powercreeps, because I think that is in long terms an unhealthy way for that game. And yes, I've generally a problem with similar cases (remember the Arcane-Helm-Dilemma). But Excal Prime is something special - because thats the only exclusive where DE has confirmed it will never be available again. All other exclusives have at least a small chance of beeing reintroduced.

@Turnoverman: Im not trying to create a problem - I try to help for solving one (dont sure if you mean me).

Lol newer players probably dont even know what primes are yet. Also, if you think that bringing excals stats up in line with the current stat buffs would ensue power creep, than you are very wrong. You really think that this buff that is supposed to be in line with current primes, would make him OP? Give me a break.

Im pretty sure the definition of Prime in real life and Prime in Warframe are diffrent... Prime in Warframe refers to the first instance, the original Orokin design (still not sure how nova got here, seeing as it doesn't fit the lore), but nothing ever said "best possible" when its came to the Warframe.

The devs have said that the Primes were the first and the best.

Still... just means it doesn't get better. So Excal Prime is the first and best... so normal excal is a remake without the shiny gold, meaning the normal excal is just as good.

No. The regular frames are an attempt to recreate the Orokin-made ones. That's why the other Primes are better in some aspect. That's why this thread exists. Because DE isn't reworking the earlier Primes, and they need to be brought up to par with the other Primes.

No, this thread exist because its another person who wants Warframe buffs or enemy nerfs... is there no one out there other than me that is content with how things are and disappointed with how things are continuously getting nerfed for enemies or buffed for tenno?

I cannot even begin to think where to start with this 'argument' of yours, god forbid not everyone has the same thoughts and therefore post their views in the feedback section.

I cannot even begin to think where to start with this 'argument' of yours, god forbid not everyone has the same thoughts and therefore post their views in the feedback section.

The problem is the 250,000 other threads dedicated to the exact some problem as the OP. 90% of the Threads in this forum are duplicate threads of someone else problem... 100,000 posts on one thread is much stronger than 10 posts on 10,000 threads. You want something changed, Go to someone elses thread and post on theirs, dont try to be a glory hog by trying to claim that you're post made the change.

The problem is the 250,000 other threads dedicated to the exact some problem as the OP. 90% of the Threads in this forum are duplicate threads of someone else problem... 100,000 posts on one thread is much stronger than 10 posts on 10,000 threads. You want something changed, Go to someone elses thread and post on theirs, dont try to be a glory hog by trying to claim that you're post made the change.

What? Glory hog? What glory is there to be had in making a thread? The OP's purpose for this thread was to suggest that Excalibur Prime get a stat buff like the other Prime warframes. That was the purpose. I wasn't making that up. Provide the link to this other thread if you want this discussion to move there. Otherwise, if you don't want to participate in this discussion then don't participate, but don't derail the topic because you don't want it being discussed. This thread breaks no forum rules, so it's fair game. And, quite frankly, it's a valid opinion that Excalibur Prime should be given a stat buff, even if it ends up being the rumored shield recharge speed.

Stamina and Health. 

Wow.

Are you serious about that Stamina Part?

Stamina would be nice for all the Melee people, but Armor would increase Survivability.

Health is basically affected by Armor-

Armor would be my choice, but you are the founder.

I would however prefer Movementspeed over Stamina.

You know DE has buffed permanently unobtainable weapons before right? Both Snipetron and Vandeltron will not return due to lore reasons, but they were buffed when all the other snipers were buffed. Perhaps we should goo back and nerf the Snipetron and Vandeltron, since it is unfair for new players. 

Edited by Valafor

Lol newer players probably dont even know what primes are yet. Also, if you think that bringing excals stats up in line with the current stat buffs would ensue power creep, than you are very wrong. You really think that this buff that is supposed to be in line with current primes, would make him OP? Give me a break.

You Sir missed my point completely. I never said that a Excal Prime buff to take him in line with the other primes will make him overpowered... I've only said that there should be an statwise equal Version for those who dont have Excal Prime. I thought it isnt that hard to understand.

Wow.

Are you serious about that Stamina Part?

Stamina would be nice for all the Melee people, but Armor would increase Survivability.

Health is basically affected by Armor-

Armor would be my choice, but you are the founder.

I would however prefer Movementspeed over Stamina.

I am. I notice the stamina differences in all my frames. The only time I notice armor is when you have next to none, like Volt, or ridiculous amounts of it like Valkyr. 

Valkyr is currently the only frame that makes Steel Fiber worth equipping for noticeable gain. A petty armor buff would be entirely redundant, much like it was on Nyx and Ember Prime. 

I feel Stamina and Health would help exemplify him as the jack of all trades, even if that spot is better filled by Rhino. 

Sidenote DE, please re-buff Excalibur himself. 

Edited by Hastur609

You Sir missed my point completely. I never said that a Excal Prime buff to take him in line with the other primes will make him overpowered... I've only said that there should be an statwise equal Version for those who dont have Excal Prime. I thought it isnt that hard to understand.

And we've given you all the reasons why that isn't going to help anything.

1. People will still whine for the actual Exal Prime.

2. Other people will want their own version of whatever variant you're thinking of.

3. The cycle continues, but just grows because now people want more than just Exal Prime, they want the variants of all their frames now too.

So yeah, no problem solved, just more whinny people.

And we've given you all the reasons why that isn't going to help anything.

1. People will still whine for the actual Exal Prime.

2. Other people will want their own version of whatever variant you're thinking of.

3. The cycle continues, but just grows because now people want more than just Exal Prime, they want the variants of all their frames now too.

So yeah, no problem solved, just more whinny people.

And why cant you understand that whining people arnt the problem in that particular case?