Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Of You Have Stopped Playing Archwing-Straw Poll

Pendragon1951

Disclaimer: I loathe polls, more often then not they are about as accurate/representative as severely drunk person repeating the alphabet backwards while trying to walk a straight line. 

Still playing, but I never played it on a very regular basis. It's not even that I think Arcwing is bad, it's just lacking content and tied progression. It's like a added mini game, in that it lacks ties to the main game.

Bring me my survival(type) and I'll spend a bit more time on Arcwing, But my main focus will always be the main game. I have no intention of spreading my time equally between these two games.

If there was something for me to get out of archwing, like forma (not bp), significant amounts of credits, or fusion cores maybe, I'd still be playing it. I like it, and think its a ton of fun. That said, I've done pretty much there is to do with archwing as of now (even forma'd some gear).

I'm not a fan of how AW has been integrated into the game. Instead of it simply being another weapon or tool to use to expand the fighting capabilities of the warframes one has in their arsenal, they were added as another kind of warframe and they now have no real tie to the frame one is using. In effect, AW is more like a separate game and I was hoping for more integration. I've come to avoid AW now as I see it as an obstacle to improving the base game which is what I'm here for - not a mediocre space dogfighting simulator.

Variety is the spice of life, which is both a reason to play it (totally different from your everyday run n' gun), and to not play it (lack of content).  I'll play it when I happen to have less than 10k daily rep left, when there are new weapons to farm, or if AW gear is the only thing I need to push me over the edge to rank up.

I would play it more often if it offered 5 R5 core rewards, or something of equal long-term value.

I play everyday ... won't deny it needs a lotta work and definitely some unique mission types instead of copy/paste from the main game. Personally, if I don't have a lot of time for WF on any given day - I'd rather fly around in space for awhile than race people.

I want to play Archwing. But given the complete lack of mod drops, I'm restricted to the very early missions, so I don't bother any more.

This is not a valid reason - and hasn't been for some time. The mods drop reliably as end of mission rewards - more reliably than any of the weapon parts.

I play everyday ... won't deny it needs a lotta work and definitely some unique mission types instead of copy/paste from the main game. Personally, if I don't have a lot of time for WF on any given day - I'd rather fly around in space for awhile than race people.

This is not a valid reason - and hasn't been for some time. The mods drop reliably as end of mission rewards - more reliably than any of the weapon parts.

And yet I can still do missions and receive no mods... and I've never seen a weapon part drop, either, though that may be because I now don't bother with the mode.

Edited by Tharrick

I still play it.. when I actually feel masochistic enough to farm for the Centaur Aegis in Uranus, mostly solo'ing it because nobody else wants to play it.
Gotta get dem MR points (and dat Centaur, as it seems to be the best melee stats wise).

firstly farming for archwing gear is tedious

secondly when you get archwing gear, it's horribly slow to level up even with a booster

I personally don't have the motivation to spend ages farming for a weapon I'll just have to spend ages leveling

I ditched Archwing after Limbo. But on Sunday I thought I'd give it a go after I realised I had all the void prime BPs/parts (minus scindo and Hikou) and thought I may as well go for the Rathbone, Veloticus and Dual Decurion. After around 15 exterminate missions in  row and getting Decurion and Veloticus, I really really enjoyed it. The trench runs are absolutely fantastic.

DE has done a disservice to Archwing mode by forcing players to farm parts on  very hard mission just when they get the mode, which in turn makes the player despise the mission type. They should have dropped the parts in Exterminate so new players could get acclimatised to it, rather than forcing players to play a really boring interception (and overly hard) game mode.