The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That's Probably The Worst Allocation Of Resources I've Seen In A While.

Innocent_Flower

So we've got this issue; We got tons and tons of content that needs improving and fixing and adding and removing and debuging and balancing and so on and so forth and etc and etc.  

Yet we get Wyrmius. Damage 3.0? Nope. Game balance? Nope. Improved enemies? Nope. Parkour improvements? Nope. The slightest of changes to put more corrupted in the void, or even the miniscule amount of effort it would take to buff some useless mods, or fix more broken drop tables? Even something like more weapons, or another fridge fodder kubrow would seem more progressive. Perhaps something appropriate for sentinels like more weapons, a new sentinel,perhaps that update on vacuum you talked about? Doesn't seem like we got any of that. . 

Of all the many possible things that could have been improved/fixed/added to the game, why would you choose a reskin of an 80's arcade game? Something that players will play once or twice, then not play at all. A lot of effort was put into making that minigame.;Yet DE won't fix something as simple as 2.5% status chance mods because "You must also take into consideration the countless other tasks being worked on during any given day." Why does a large and ultimately pointless undertaking come before easy fixes and needed tweaks?

Edited by Innocent_Flower

There we go, some baseless accusations from someone who assumes that its all that they did. Do you work at DE? No? Then you dont know if its the only thing they spent resources on. Now think a bit more on what you are implying and realise its not in any way true. Requesting a mod to lock this before it becomes a flamewar.

xD again this

Look dude, "damage 3.0" means design, Wyrmius means a single developer using free time, thats all i have to say, its not like Steve and Rebecca sat 8 hours a day to make wyrmius posible, sucha  simple minigame took so much time because obviously it wasnt at all a priority

Edited by rockscl

xD again this

Look dude, "damage 3.0" means design, Wyrmius means a single developer using free time, thats all i have to say, its not like Steve and Rebecca sat 8 hours a day to make wyrmius posible, sucha  simple minigame took so much time because obviously it wasnt at all a priority

A single guy could also be fixing various stats, or add new content to the base game. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but can they not take a short break from things to do something that they find different and enjoyable to do every now and then?

Sadly, nope. Not for this community anyways. It's like a group of starved pirahnas...

Wyrmius was shown and confirmed before Archwing. Additionally, an upreared/updated damage model hasn't been confirmed. Parkour fixes were just announced a few weeks (months?) ago, game balance happens over time, not all at once, etc etc. 

As Renegade said, they can (are allowed to) take breaks from things to do other things. Those changes you talked about aren't all going to happen at once. 

Now are they managing their resources as well as they could be? Probably not, there are probably better ways to manage whats going on at DE. However, you aren't really in a position to make judgement on that topic as you don't work for them. 

A single guy could also be fixing various stats, or add new content to the base game. 

Nope, you need to put things in a development cycle, while that happens, developers happen to have freetime, wyrmius is clearly a son of freetime, and even if im wrong, havin them playing with such a simple game is good for everyone, because it may even bring some fresh ideas

Edited by rockscl

From what I understand, Wyrmius was created primarily during the free time outside of working hours of the developers, like Flappy Zephyr. Meaning it did not detract much time (if any) from developing or fixing other areas of the game.

That being said, feedback should strive to be constructive and objective in nature, not scornful or made with contempt. The objective of feedback is to improve the game moving forward.