Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Heated Charge

xylonez

Lol. I hope they remove levels too. You get way too many stats from leveling up. I also wish they locked all the content above mercury because they give too good of drops. People should only be playing as lv 1 frames and should only have 1 mission to play. Why? Because balance. 

Back then, before mods 2.0 weapon damage scaling was very limited (x2-x3, or x4 (if you were very lucky) instead of current x100). And we still could complete all the starchart. And fighting enemies was actually very satisfying.

Gotta give whales and vets something to do. Don't you remember how much fun it was to max out a Serration mod? I wish I could do that everyday!

Don't think these players in this thread know about that.   They're like kids.   Whine when their frame/weapon loses damage or doesn't gain damage "compared" to other guns.  Whines when DE releases a buffed mod that could potentially go toe 2 toe with said "compared" gun.

Scream Power Creep like a nimrod without showing any evidence.

Damage increased by 35%  O_O POWER CREEP PREPARE YOUR SOULS.  

-Wait isn't this a PVE game wouldn't the damage help us defeat corrupted nulli-

SHUT UP FOOL POWER CREEP PVP IS DOOMED

-But it's a team based game, players are having issues killing those new inf-

SHUT UP FOOL WE DONT NEED STRONGER MODS, WE NEED STRONGER.........uh...STUFF THAT ISN'T POWER CREEP

-What is a Power Cree-

-SHUT UP FOOL POWER CREEP IS WHEN.......JUST YOU WAIT! THEY WILL RELEASE ALL PRIMED ELEMENT MODS AND ITS OUR DOOM TO BE STRONG. WE MUST BE WEAK..TO REVERSE PSYCHOLOGICALLY TRICK THE ENEMIES TO THINKING WE ARE STRONG THEN WE WONT HAVE TO LEAVE EVERY DEFENSE WAVE at 5!

I want to keep going on but I'm hungry.

2015, the year of the Power Creep.

Also, "Hi lets add more and more and more primed mods, which take a tonne more cores that rare 10s to max, but not increase the rate at which rare 5s can be obtained."

i think we all very well know why they did not do that.

It starts with a "g" and ends in "rind"

Actually, it is YOUR choice to keep oneshotting everything. You COULD challenge yourself to only go into missions solo with only 4 mods on stuff instead of 8. That's the thing, the current system does allow for people to challenge themselves, but people have to make that choice on their own.

Gimping yourself is not an option. Not only because most of the pugs are easy-mode lovers but also because enemies balance was changed in a way to counter oneshotting. They either deal scratch damage and too easy or oblitirate you in seconds unless you mod to oneshot them.

Just look at infested for example. It is impossible to deal with them without oneshot gear at any evel.

Edited by Repligon

Back then, before mods 2.0 weapon damage scaling was very limited (x2-x3, or x4 (if you were very lucky) instead of current x100). And we still could complete all the starchart. And fighting enemies was actually very satisfying.

Because we had rainbow builds and armor ignore weapons. Boltor was king then, and Boltor Prime is king now. Much has creeped, nothing has changed.

Lol. I hope they remove levels too. You get way too many stats from leveling up. I also wish they locked all the content above mercury because they give too good of drops. People should only be playing as lv 1 frames and should only have 1 mission to play. Why? Because balance. 

Haha. You're getting way out of point there. Mods have nothing to do with Levels.

Glad you know how great this game was before. Oh i just miss those days.

Don't think these players in this thread know about that.   They're like kids.   Whine when their frame/weapon loses damage or doesn't gain damage "compared" to other guns.  Whines when DE releases a buffed mod that could potentially go toe 2 toe with said "compared" gun.

And "compared" gun damage becomes even highter because it can use this mod too. Therefore potential damage gap increases making gun you like even more useless in comparsion.

Devs hint that they know power creep is a problem.

Then they release more and more must have items that are a lot better than the original.

/boggle

I suppose it's just 'business' to 'encourage' us to spend more RL money eh.

Edited by fizbit

Because we had rainbow builds and armor ignore weapons. Boltor was king then, and Boltor Prime is king now. Much has creeped, nothing has changed.

I said before mods 2.0. We didn't even had endless missions back then so boltor damage ignore wasn't much OP.

Edited by Repligon

Probably not a popular opinion, but if you ask me, none of the primed mods were necessary.

Anyway, I do wonder why Heated Charge got primed. I mean, if elemental mods really had to be primed, wouldn't it make more sense to prime the elemental mods that have been in dire need of a buff?

Like the Deep Freeze (60% cold) and Shocking Touch (60% elec).

2015, the year of the Power Creep.

Also, "Hi lets add more and more and more primed mods, which take a tonne more cores that rare 10s to max, but not increase the rate at which rare 5s can be obtained."

Isn't that the whole point of primed mods? Progressions?

It was heated charge because fire generally sucks anyway(oh boy, you can kill cannon fodder faster!) and to fit with the Ember buff. Now you can have 165% heat damage that's multipliable by accelerant.

Edited by Greenery

Nope you're wrong. Rainbow builds were introduced in Mod 2.0.

He was talking about before that. Stat trees, Limited mod slots. Random mod stats. The time where you can stack mods. 

Mod 2.0 was the root of all powercreeps in this game. Made everything exponential instead of additive/multiplicative.

if elemental mods really had to be primed, wouldn't it make more sense to prime the elemental mods that have been in dire need of a buff?

Like the Deep Freeze (60% cold) and Shocking Touch (60% elec).

It was either thematical with the patch (Ember buff, Pyra sugar), or dartboard logic.

Nope you're wrong. Rainbow builds were introduced in Mod 2.0.

I read that as Damage 2.0 when he wrote it. My apologies to both of you.

Edited by Archistopheles

I want utility but only the kind that adds power creep, that's what I'm picking up from op. They are trying to add more utility to the weapons without making them ridiculous give credit where it's due bud

And everyone want seration gone give it a mod group where you keep normal serration but add in ones that have less damage but have utility like 100% damage then some % of utility but only one mod of the family can be used

Edited by swihart91

agree with OP

mods should be fixed or reworked.....not released as primed mods and force players to go through the grind of getting r5 cores and credits to rank them up

the powercreep potential.....i am whatever on this part of the topic

if you farmed, put your time into it....and did what you could do to make yourself that powerful....so be it...you put in the hard work to do it...power creep doesnt bother me at all

what bothers me more is the constant release of these primed mods and pushing players to grind even more than they should

Edited by sekushiiandee

Who are you talking to?  There's only one use of the word in this thread and it's yours.

DE has stated a few times that this is the year of "quality" -- since they've mentioned that, they haven't exactly painted themselves with it.

I wasn't speaking to anyone in this thread directly at all. I was referencing DE's overarching goal for the year.

DE has stated a few times that this is the year of "quality" -- since they've mentioned that, they haven't exactly painted themselves with it.

I wasn't speaking to anyone in this thread directly at all. I was referencing DE's overarching goal for the year.

^ probably want to edit your post to clarify that. it sounds like it is directly said towards OP

2015 is a year of quality even more power creep.

dude its still January, there has been like 4 patches and not even the large x.5 updates which are game changers. do you really expect them to have finish balancing everything within 4 weeks?

^ it hasnt been a good start, which is why people are complaining about it

in all honesty....i wish they would stop with the empty promises and false claims.....it just riles players up more expecting DE to be gods...but in the end...they just want to manipulate our feelings...not for the better....but for worse

-Wait isn't this a PVE game wouldn't the damage help us defeat corrupted nulli-

Corrupted nullifiers was made to counter damage creep (in a wrong way tho). Why their bubble has "hit health" istead of relgular health? Right, because our guns are so srong we wouldn't even notice it otherwise.

-But it's a team based game, players are having issues killing those new inf-

Same S#&$. Enemies can't stand the damage so they are trying to stop you from shooting (seeing, moving).

-What is a Power Cree-

Power creep is when new content devalues old. Right now they devalued regular heated charge.

Edited by Repligon

Corrupted nullifiers was made to counter damage creep (in a wrong way tho). Why do you think it has "hit health" istead of relgular health? Right, because our guns are so srong we wouldn't even notice it otherwise.

Same S#&$. Enemies can't stand the damage so they trying to stop you from shooting (seeing, moving).

Power creep is when new content devalues old. Right now they devalued regular heated charge.

Primed Heated Charge doesn't "devalue" Heated Charge.  No one is forcing you to use it, no one is forcing you to forma.  No one is forcing you to level up to roll with the "big dogs."  That being said, I'm only using Primed Heated Charge for 2-3 weapons because I wanted a Heat Only build for a long time.

Heated Charge will still have it's value because it will still cost less to use.  New players can still utilize it until they feel the need to upgrade to something more powerful.   

Again.  No one is making you use it.  

Also this entire thread is an assumption.   Show us the data in regards to Heated Charge vs. Primed Heated Charge with whatever gun you think is OP.

Once you show me how good Primed Heated Charge I'll make sure to use that build :^)

Yes, if we ignore the issue or wish hard enough...it doesn't exist!

There is no issue :^)  I see a mod that allows me to finally make a Utility + Fire Only Secondary :^)

Edited by Ishki88

Guys I have an idea.

Don't use the mod.

That's like telling people to only use the Braton because they feel the Soma, Boltor Prime, Amprex, etc, are all power creep.

Back when the game was scaled around the Braton, the Gorgon and Hek were good guns. Now that the game is scaled around the Soma, the Braton, Gorgon, and even Primed PB, Syndicate Hek are junk.

This seems to be an excuse the Devs use too, so I don't blame you. "Oh, this new fancy item doesn't detract from what you have!" "The Soma Prime doesn't make your Soma do less damage. The Soma Prime is just a little better"

That's all well and good until the game gets harder because people using the Top Tier equipment whine that the game is too easy! T4 Void, Level 40+ enemies in T1 defense after wave 40~, Cerberus intercept, High end Infested Survival, Nullifiers, Tar Moas, etc.

The game is no longer built around basic weapons and gear. If you do not keep up with this newest wave of Primed Power, eventually the game will be too tough for you. So do not tell people to ignore power upgrades. It is altogether foolish.