Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Heated Charge

xylonez

Gimping yourself is not an option. Not only because most of the pugs are easy-mode lovers but also because enemies balance was changed in a way to counter oneshotting. They either deal scratch damage and too easy or oblitirate you in seconds unless you mod to oneshot them.

Just look at infested for example. It is impossible to deal with them without oneshot gear at any evel.

I did say solo, and maybe you could think outside the box a bit? Most mods we have are easily maxed, maybe start another set that isn't maxed and only has two or three levels on each one. Basically pretend to be a nub again.

Once you show me how good Primed Heated Charge I'll make sure to use that build :^)

It has straight stat increase. R u blind?

There is no issue :^)  I see a mod that allows me to finally make a Utility + Fire Only Secondary :^)

And you haven't used Utility + Fire Only before because... Let me guess. Making combined element results in more damage. Why wouldn't you combine primed counterpart for even more damage? (Tip, you can't simultaneously use primed mod and it's non-primed counterpart)

Edited by Repligon

I don't like this because now they kind of have to put in the rest of the elemental mods, and I would imagine that they would then do this for secondarys, shotguns and melee weapons, so there will be 16 of these mods...

Personally, I'm skipping this mod - I would be fine with buying one of these, but I think there will be lots and once I had one I would be inclined to buy all of them, resulting in a huge amount of grind for cores, credits and ducats.

That's like telling people to only use the Braton because they feel the Soma, Boltor Prime, Amprex, etc, are all power creep.

>Implying Amprex is Power Creep LOL

Back when the game was scaled around the Braton, the Gorgon and Hek were good guns. Now that the game is scaled around the Soma, the Braton, Gorgon, and even Primed PB, Syndicate Hek are junk.

>Opinions.  Syndicate Hek isn't junk.   You really think the game is scaled around the Gorgon? 

This seems to be an excuse the Devs use too, so I don't blame you. "Oh, this new fancy item doesn't detract from what you have!" "The Soma Prime doesn't make your Soma do less damage. The Soma Prime is just a little better"

>DE makes a change that the so called players wanted, then so called other players bombard the forums on how they didn't want it.   I've learnt to just accept DE and their changes unless its a clear as day bad choice.  I've said myself PLENTY of times, the players still don't know how to play and DE doesn't know how to test things out.  They don't know because they want us to Test things out.  But what happens when you have horrible opinionated players testing things out? :^)

That's all well and good until the game gets harder because people using the Top Tier equipment whine that the game is too easy! T4 Void, Level 40+ enemies in T1 defense after wave 40~, Cerberus intercept, High end Infested Survival, Nullifiers, Tar Moas, etc.

>Doesn't really apply to me so I'm not going to bother.  Anyone who has actually played with me in-game knows the deal.

The game is no longer built around basic weapons and gear. If you do not keep up with this newest wave of Primed Power, eventually the game will be too tough for you. So do not tell people to ignore power upgrades. It is altogether foolish.

>Objection.  You want to know what I still use?  Twin Gremlins> Dual Ethers > Opticor/Grakata/Braton Prime.  Stop Fooling Yourself.

*Flips you a tenno coin*

It has straight stat increase. R u blind?

And you haven't used Utility + Fire Only before because... Let me guess. Making combined element results in more damage. Why wouldn't you combine primed counterpart for even more damage? (Tip, you can't simultaneously use primed mod and it's non-primed counterpart)

Stat Increase = Power Creep  

I get it.  :^)

Also don't worry about my build.  I have used Utility+Fire..before...and I'm more excited now because I can tact on more damage..this mod just brought back my old build ideas :^3
Edited by Ishki88

Lol. I hope they remove levels too. You get way too many stats from leveling up. I also wish they locked all the content above mercury because they give too good of drops. People should only be playing as lv 1 frames and should only have 1 mission to play. Why? Because balance. 

IKR?  There should be only one Warframe and that's it.  I mean this game is called WarFRAME as in singular.  Everyone should be using the same one.  I mean last I checked we weren't playing Warframes now were we?  =/

Guys I have an idea.

Don't use the mod.

Or.  Go to Recruiting and say "H T4DEF - No Primed Mods."

:^) Problem Solved.

You have a serious case of denial. First off, you can't stop OTHERS from using the mod. So if you're a player who doesn't like the power creep, it will still potentially be there in your 3 other team mates are using it. Are you seriously suggesting that it's practical to recruit players and stop them from using the best gear? 

Second, game difficulty (especially high level content)  is usually balanced around the best gear. So yes, Primed mods DO make the regular mods outdated. That's the very definition of power creep. New content making old content useless.

IKR?  There should be only one Warframe and that's it.  I mean this game is called WarFRAME as in singular.  Everyone should be using the same one.  I mean last I checked we weren't playing Warframes now were we?  =/

Come on man. That's a huge exaggeration and really hyperbolic.

Edited by EetNotErn

My frustration here isn't directly about Primed Heated Charge, it's more about how this foreshadows future primed mods.

I was all about these when the expectation was that core (important) mods would be amped up.

I expected that these would fall more-or-less in-line with corrupted mods. (as the obvious parallel to having created them to begin with)

(primed mods translates into corrupted mods etc.)

That was blown out of the water with this addition. Now we're looking at a HUGE number of these things. Elemental mods didn't need this.

Plus the rotation from the void trader now shows that it might be YEARS before we get back around to things like continuity.

I realize these are "MY EXPECTATIONS" -- and if DE wants to go about adding in these, it's their game... however... 

I keep hoping that the mod system will be totally re-vamped in the future to mitigate some of the more glaring problems inherent in the system. These additions, instead, make that intrinsically more difficult and further pressure DE to continue this trend.

You have a serious case of denial. First off, you can't stop OTHERS from using the mod. So if you're a player who doesn't like the power creep, it will still potentially be there in your 3 other team mates are using it. Are you seriously suggesting that it's practical to recruit players and stop them from using the best gear? 

Second, game difficulty (especially high level content)  is usually balanced around the best gear. So yes, Primed mods DO make the regular mods outdated. That's the very definition of power creep. New content making old content useless.

So the real issue here is, you don't like being the player with the lowest stats at the end of a mission :(  

No troll.  I think that's the real issue.  Players get salty when they hold no value to their team.   If it's from Power Creep, DE will figure it out.   Until then, I'm having fun.  And if I'm one of those Power Elite Players, I haven't had any complaints.  Every other day people PM asking me for build tips and how did I do this or that etc etc

Only on the forum where we find the players who moan and groan :(

Considering most if not all the current top-end builds can handle most any content WITHOUT a Primed mod, using a Primed Mod is just fine-tuning and tweaking an already good build.  It's hardly necessary or power-creep.

That's why it's power creep, because it's unnecessary. It's more power even when there was no reason for it balance-wise. 

So the real issue here is, you don't like being the player with the lowest stats at the end of a mission :(  

No troll.  I think that's the real issue.  Players get salty when they hold no value to their team.   If it's from Power Creep, DE will figure it out.   Until then, I'm having fun.  And if I'm one of those Power Elite Players, I haven't had any complaints.  Every other day people PM asking me for build tips and how did I do this or that etc etc

Only on the forum where we find the players who moan and groan :(

I don't give a crap about stats or I wouldn't be playing Limbo so much as my main. So yeah, stop trolling. And nice self ego stroke with your humble brag about people PMing you for build tips. Give me an f-ing break, man.

The thing that really bugs me about this is, as was said above, the more of these things they add, the more pressure there is to keep the system as it is, rather than fix anything that's not working well.  They even said as much about the base damage mods (which are so universal as to be meaningless); they don't think they can remove them even though they know it's a problematic design.

Primed mods are a band-aid way to keep adding "Content", but the long-term effects on the game are pretty dubious.

I don't give a crap about stats or I wouldn't be playing Limbo so much as my main. So yeah, stop trolling. And nice self ego stroke with your humble brag about people PMing you for build tips. Give me an f-ing break, man.

No troll and not bragging.  I stated that because the forum players and in-game players are two different experiences.

Im all for primed vital sense. That would instantly make soma prime and amprex the hands down best rifles in the game

Heated charge itself is useful in many damage focused builds on weapons where status chance is low. A good example being the kunai (also my personal favorite throwing secondary so far though I havnt gotten hikou prime yet). I run blast and corrossive damage on my kunai so the heated charge is a mod Ill eventually be putting on there.

That said, I wouldnt worry to much about power creep. It costs over 500 R5 fusion cores to level up a single prime mod and those arent dropping like candy anymore (not to mention they arent syndicate rewards yet and with the current state I doubt they ever will be).

That's why it's power creep, because it's unnecessary. It's more power even when there was no reason for it balance-wise. 

Well, it's fine-tuning and tweaking builds.  I mean at this point we've min-maxxed just about everything.  If someone wants to throw on an extra forma to add that bit of extra damage, sure, whatever.  Doesn't change the fact my build using the default Heated charge is just fine.

-snip-

Your whole argument, even if it barely qualify as one, on the whole thread is getting old. Your "just don't use it" argument to all these primed mods problem doesn't make any sense.

By the same logic, nobody is forcing you to use serration/split chamber/etc.

Hell, nobody is forcing you to use ranked mods at all. or even potato/forma your weapon for that matter.

Yet, everyone does these things. It's inevitable, that's why topic like removing serration etc comes up.

Missed all the good prime mods and 2-3 exclusive one time mod sets....only way to get these is to pay a player 200+ plat per which will only go up in price as time goes on. That bugs me. That bugs me a lot. Basically, if you miss this stuff you have to pay a considerable amount of RL money which I assume is how they plan it. I for one think it's absurb that if you miss some things, the only way to get them after the fact is to spend 100s of bucks. I got more reasonably priced games to throw my money at, sorry DE. :S

Edited by fizbit

Anyway, I do wonder why Heated Charge got primed. I mean, if elemental mods really had to be primed, wouldn't it make more sense to prime the elemental mods that have been in dire need of a buff?

Like the Deep Freeze (60% cold) and Shocking Touch (60% elec).

Eh, that would just make it more of a "band-aid" fix, which is just as bad or worse, imo.