Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Her "beak" is over where her eyes would be inside of her helmet exactly like Chroma with his snout.

Go ahead and Show me then, Because, to me the eyes start when the protrusion slopes down, so that she can see, and, if you're going to wear a helmet you're not just going to stop half way and say it's on, are you?

Thing was, the very first trailer he was far scrawnier, smoked, looked visually malnourished. By the time the game came out he looked fine (because they knew and edited him abit, but kept the hair.). Secondly Dante is an iconic character. So far more serious. And then the game came out and twas bad and did alot of gameplay wrong. And ended up sub par.

Already aware of all of that lol.Seen so much rage and most of it was because of his appearance before the release. Iconic or not, people should have understood that it was an AU reboot. That being said, they shouldn't have seen it as changing the original dante and instead should have seen it as a different Dante in another reality, which is basically what he was. Anyway that whole rage mess about his looks is similar to Chroma's situation. Some people wanted an iconic and cliche dragon appearance but are raging because that isn't what they got.

Edited by EmptyDevil

So what if we take this to the game and it shows that people actually like him and its just forum goer that don't? Seeing as the pol could easily be skewed by people who don't even play the game.

Extrapolating results of a small poll onto a game of over 1 million people makes no sense as it not even a large enough sample.

Oh then I guess medical statistics make no sense then!

Was I stating that? I was stating albeit unclearly, that if you disregard the opinions of 1000 people then what is to stop you from disregarding the opinions of more?

Your logic is so shoddy this hurts to read.

To give perspective, there is approximately 5,000 to 8,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan in the United States as of 2012. If we were to take of poll from all of them on whether or not foreign integration in the nation is a good thing, does that mean they represent all of the citizens in the US?

I still find it odd that you realize that the vote plays against your opinion.

The poll results show 48% of people would have a positive response if Chroma was changed to a stereotypical dragon aesthetic. However the poll also says that 52% would have either no response, or a negative response if such a change happened.

Majority means >50%. That's what democracy is, is majority rule.

The poll shows that 48% of voters find the frame ugly, that 25% find the frame to be "meh" (again, this is not a favorable opinion of a design), that 23% find the frame awesome, and that 4% have no opinion on it. That's 73% who either find the frame ugly or don't think it's worth their time (that's the way "meh" is used in colloquial speech). Definitely a majority. Only 23% find the frame awesome.

I guess you don't know what Happy customers do.

They don't go onto forums and whine, they just enjoy the game.

They don't usually create strawpolls dedicated to see how many/few other people out there agree/disagree

They usually as I said, just enjoy the game and get on with their lives.

There are way too many variances between 1000 and the current number of people who play warframe.

Oh so I guess you want us all to shut up and not express our disappointment then like we would do in the real world? You just want us to shut up and blindly follow what DE does then? I will not stand for that.

I admit I am skeptical about Chroma but not because of it's abilities which I'm sure will be pretty useful. I will probably still play as Chroma even though Warframe looks have never bothered me until now. The thing that irritates me is how they classify it as Dragon "themed" with the art design of it.  Sure the abilities are dragon themed but for some reason I am not feeling the amazing vibe of the word "dragon" when I see Chroma.  I just wish they would change the name of it's theme to something other then "dragon" but that won't completely stop me from trying him out. After all warframes are mostly based on their abilities. 

To give perspective, there is approximately 5,000 to 8,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan in the United States as of 2012. If we were to take of poll from all of them on whether or not foreign integration in the nation is a good thing, does that mean they represent all of the citizens in the US?

Ok, sure, that's not a good sample, but you're assuming that the results of the poll are the way they are because there are more angry people than satisfied people responding to the poll. Yet, if the results of the poll were reverse, you probably wouldn't be suggesting that.

Warframe dev #1: You think our players started playing this game because they loved the elegant, sleek designs of the characters they could play?

Warframe dev #2: Nah

Warframe dev #2: Now make a horse-faced warframe that looks made out of spaghetti. Cram as many details into him as possible too.

Yes there are that many people in said terrorist organization. But I think we are diverging from the topic here. Guess what, even with that few people they still make quite the scene. Therefore why should 1000 or even 100 people not be enough to make a difference? 

Go ahead and Show me then, Because, to me the eyes start when the protrusion slopes down, so that she can see, and, if you're going to wear a helmet you're not just going to stop half way and say it's on, are you?

You're talking about the facegaurd correct to assume where his is face? Judging by how the long the face gaurd is it's safe to say is eyes match up with the dragon helm(look at page 1 for proof)

The poll shows that 48% of voters find the frame ugly, that 25% find the frame to be "meh" (again, this is not a favorable opinion of a design), that 23% find the frame awesome, and that 4% have no opinion on it. That's 73% who either find the frame ugly or don't think it's worth their time (that's the way "meh" is used in colloquial speech). Definitely a majority. Only 23% find the frame awesome.

The options in the poll throw off the vote quite a bit. The "meh" choice seems like a cop out for people who want to give an opinion but for some reason won't choose "No opinion."

Take a look at her cierzo helmet. It has some obvious goggles.

rbhapv.jpg

Oh hey look, An Alt helmet that isn't the normal Zephyr helmet, Because that is the helmet we were totally talking about /sarcasm

Side note: Yes, they're meant to give of an Aviotor goggle vibe

Oh so I guess you want us all to shut up and not express our disappointment then like we would do in the real world? You just want us to shut up and blindly follow what DE does then? I will not stand for that.

I never said that, but don't presume that YOU are the majority and that YOU will speak for other happy people out there.  Don't cloud yourself and think that you are a Majority.  Your opinions do matter, Invalid.  Though Neither your or my opinions encompass everyone, to think so is to be ignorant.

Oh hey look, An Alt helmet that isn't the normal Zephyr helmet, Because that is the helmet we were totally talking about /sarcasm

...  Eredoc...  Look at the POSITION OF THE GOGGLES, you know those things that people wear where their eyes should be, usually?  That is the reason why he posted that, to show you where DE thinks the eyes are on that warframe, and not what you think.  Which what DE thinks is what matters here.

Edited by Sibarian

Ok, sure, that's not a good sample, but you're assuming that the results of the poll are the way they are because there are more angry people than satisfied people responding to the poll. Yet, if the results of the poll were reverse, you probably wouldn't be suggesting that.

would, actually. This is why I don't like polls on the forums. The constituency is more often than not hellbent on the extreme option than anything else.

But it's a poll about whether or not the frame looks silly. Whether or not the people who vote actually play the game doesn't influence it.

1000 is a drop in the bucket, but in statistics this doesn't matter at all. The contents of the drop are still relatively equal in concentration compared to the rest of the bucket. That's the point.

Exactly!

Let me reiterate for you"except it's flawed"Larger sample sizes generally lead to increased precision when estimating unknown parameters." what that means is the smaller the sample size the less accurate it is and accounts for less variables.btw smilling mad or invalid_Infinity or even you Antoine show me proof of your logic? Here's mine http://www.conceptstew.co.uk/PAGES/nsamplesize.html andhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

... typically in media, the color of a dragon gives a hint as to what element it is attributed to if any. Such as red for fire, blue for ice/water, green for nature/acid (depends.), black for darkness/death, white/silver for light/holy, and so forth.

Chroma changing his elemental damage based on energy color is in line with this typical theme of dragon color associating with their elemental affinity.

His design is clearly reptilian looking. Others have pointed this out and I have no more to add to that aspect.

Dragons are not exclusively European dragons, nor are the exclusively oriental dragons. There are many different cultures across the globe that DE has drawn from to get their dragon.

It's meant to give an idea where Zephyr's eyes reside inside her helmet. Changing helmets doesn't suddenly change where your eyes are on your head.

The options in the poll throw off the vote quite a bit. The "meh" choice seems like a cop out for people who want to give an opinion but for some reason won't choose "No opinion."

In that poll, "meh" is there because of the way it's used - "Nothing special", “Do you want to go to the party with me?” “Meh.” “What did you think about the book we had to read?” “It was meh.”

I still find it odd that you realize that the vote plays against your opinion.

The poll results show 48% of people would have a positive response if Chroma was changed to a stereotypical dragon aesthetic. However the poll also says that 52% would have either no response, or a negative response if such a change happened.

Majority means >50%. That's what democracy is, is majority rule.

Actually the poll asks if chroma is ugly or not. 48% state that it is ugly, 25% are apathetic,  23% like it (smaller percentage than the apathetic ones), and 4% have no opinion. Yeah, so what happens when there are multiple options in a democracy and there is one being voted for that is far ahead of all of the others? That's right the one with the most votes wins. GG.

You're talking about the facegaurd correct to assume where his is face? Judging by how the long the face gaurd is it's safe to say is eyes match up with the dragon helm(look at page 1 for proof)

I'm going to argue against this, the eyes are actually behind the faceplate. It's really deceptive because, well, it's supposed to be deceptive. Most of the time Chroma is holding his head down to make the dragon's snout more prominent, and he has a really thick neck that blends very well with his actual head. It's kind of similar deception to what Zephyr has, with the tubes folding in a way that are reminiscent of a folded bird neck. The part of the first picture that shows his side makes it much more obvious where the real head is. You can also see it in the picture where he breathes fire, where his actual neck is more exposed.