The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

It seemed to me that it is a Prism Frame.

Since Prisms break light down into it's component wavelengths and each wavelength has a color and some do have special effects...

It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to say...Not saying I'm right,just saying it makes sense...

I don't know why you care so much about us guessing it or not.

The truth is, the 'energy color effecting the element' thing is cool, but it is definitely not world-shattering information. 

Maybe you will be able to color me impressed once we get more information that's not beating around the bush.

I understand it now

Black: Turns all your powers into poop chucking abilities

Red: Gives you the power to draw on your enemies with red crayon scaring the, for life

Yellow: You can control whats down under in the passage of the toilets

Blue: Gives you the power to control 1 litre of water

Orange: Gives you the power to summon a harmeless World on fire that drain 1000 energy per second

Brown: Gives you a poop skin which has a provides an extra 1 armor

Well, that's depressing.

I get that they're out to antagonize the community, but having colors affect gameplay was a step I thought they'd never take.

That's just evil.

What happens if magenta ends up being anything but Viral, Corrosive, or Radiation? Guess I have to pick a new colorscheme, 'cuz I can't very well be Twilight Sparkle without magenta magic!

Color freedom was one of the things that drew me to this game. Taking that away... I'm not sure I can stand that.

This^.

A Warframes abilities being coded to outside events is just too many nightmares and bugs at once. It would change the elemental powers of the frame too rapidly to be of any use...

They done it with Mirage in terms of light, so I would see that they would have colour ranges to determine the elemental damage.

They done it with Mirage in terms of light, so I would see that they would have colour ranges to determine the elemental damage.

That is light and shadow... That is an easy yes/no determination....

Think of how rapidly light colors around your frame change in any mission...Then factor in that your powers would need to change JUST as rapidly...By the time you hit 4 thinking it will freeze enemies you've set them on fire or worse. Gameplay with any purpose would be pointless if outside factors determine what you do given how many factors would play the part Plus DE said it will be based on YOUR energy color...

That is light and shadow... That is an easy yes/no determination....

Think of how rapidly light colors around your frame change in any mission...Then factor in that your powers would need to change JUST as rapidly...By the time you hit 4 thinking it will freeze enemies you've set them on fire or worse. Gameplay with any purpose would be pointless if outside factors determine what you do given how many factors would play the part Plus DE said it will be based on YOUR energy color...

With colour ranges (i.e.: This whole range of grey, this whole range of red etc.), that problem is largely solved.

With colour ranges (i.e.: This whole range of grey, this whole range of red etc.), that problem is largely solved.

No it isn't. Who is going to play a frame with abilities they have NO control over?  Every single light source in the game would change your powers as fast as you can get near them...That is not a good idea.You're taking control away from the player....

And as was stated at least twice SCOTT said it was based on your fames energy color,not external values.

Edited by Chaosyn

No it isn't. Who is going to play a frame with abilities they have NO control over?  Every single light source in the game would change your powers as fast as you can get near them...That is not a good idea.You're taking control away from the player....

Mesa says "Hello".

Nekros says "Hello".

And really, basing ability function on energy colour is probably going to drive away more players.

Mesa says "Hello".

Nekros says "Hello".

And really, basing ability function on energy colour is probably going to drive away more players.

If you're going to refute what I say please provide real examples....Not fire and forget or sustained trigger abilities

I'm going to assume we're talking Mesa's 4 which targets everything in range...IF you hold the trigger...It does nothing on it's own.

I'm going to assume you mean Shadows of the Dead which IS controlled by you. Everything you've killed to a certain point is brought back to fight for you...You CAN pick and choose which enemies you kill so that the squad is made of the units YOU chose.

If EXTERNAL LIGHT  determine the effects your powers have (on this kind of scale, not a simple yes/no query)it will be pointless. External lighting changes CONSTANTLY, in color and brightness.(only color matters here though). What that means is that there will NEVER be a viable place to use this frame...EVER.

You won't be able to use it against infested because that fire/gas/corrosion you're hoping for never happens or happens when it isn't needed.

Anyone who is driven away by the workings of ONE frame isn't going to be here long to begin with....they're looking for an excuse to leave or were on their way out anyway.

If you're going to refute what I say please provide real examples....Not fire and forget or sustained trigger abilities

I'm going to assume we're talking Mesa's 4 which targets everything in range...IF you hold the trigger...It does nothing on it's own.

I'm going to assume you mean Shadows of the Dead which IS controlled by you. Everything you've killed to a certain point is brought back to fight for you...You CAN pick and choose which enemies you kill so that the squad is made of the units YOU chose.

If EXTERNAL LIGHT  determine the effects your powers have (on this kind of scale, not a simple yes/no query)it will be pointless. External lighting changes CONSTANTLY, in color and brightness.(only color matters here though). What that means is that there will NEVER be a viable place to use this frame...EVER.

You won't be able to use it against infested because that fire/gas/corrosion you're hoping for never happens or happens when it isn't needed.

Anyone who is driven away by the workings of ONE frame isn't going to be here long to begin with....they're looking for an excuse to leave or were on their way out anyway.

And you also forget to consider other abilities.

Mesa's Shooting Gallery gives gun buffs to a random player at a random interval.

Nekros's Desecrate also relies on chance to actually get something from a corpse.

And there are colour graphs, so broad groupings can be used, which is more better than actually using energy colour because you actually have to buy some colours to get a different colour.

Mesa's Shooting Gallery is NOT determined by outside factors. It is an activated ability that switches between players....It does not change. It does not rely on external factors to determine what it does.

Nekros' Desecrate is also a Yes/No query. A 1 or a 0 determines if you get something or if you get nothing. RNG only factors in for WHAT you get not IF it works....same as ANY drop in the game.

Basing your frames powers on external lighting is 1) too rapid a change to be effective ANYWHERE. 2) Taking control of the frame AWAY from players...NEVER a good idea.

And NO, you do NOT have to buy colors to use the frame. The basic Pallette covers the Primary colors (they won't make powers determined by the SHADE of blue) So you can get that fallacy out of the picture..Won't happen.

Here's what DE is thinking (to a point at least with some libery taken for making the point) Let's say Blue= Ice damage.

You choose blue as your energy color,your abilities do ice damage or have a slow effect added....That CAN be used reliably.

But with your idea you can NEVER modify the frame to use elemental weakness against ANYONE it is actually effective against because it would keep changing all the time.

Mesa's Shooting Gallery is NOT determined by outside factors. It is an activated ability that switches between players....It does not change. It does not rely on external factors to determine what it does.

Nekros' Desecrate is also a Yes/No query. A 1 or a 0 determines if you get something or if you get nothing. RNG only factors in for WHAT you get not IF it works....same as ANY drop in the game.

Basing your frames powers on external lighting is 1) too rapid a change to be effective ANYWHERE. 2) Taking control of the frame AWAY from players...NEVER a good idea.

And NO, you do NOT have to buy colors to use the frame. The basic Pallette covers the Primary colors (they won't make powers determined by the SHADE of blue) So you can get that fallacy out of the picture..Won't happen.

Here's what DE is thinking (to a point at least with some libery taken for making the point) Let's say Blue= Ice damage.

You choose blue as your energy color,your abilities do ice damage or have a slow effect added....That CAN be used reliably.

But with your idea you can NEVER modify the frame to use elemental weakness against ANYONE it is actually effective against because it would keep changing all the time.

Your basic colour palette will not cover for some elementals, such as:

-Blast

-Magnetic

-Radiation

-Viral

And those are elementals as well, before you start saying anything about them.

To be honest, I probably would just go with having very, very broad groups of energy colour to determine the basic elementals, then allow the use of the Contextual key (or tap the 4 key) to cycle the second elemental, and holding down the 4 key casts the power, with the elemental damage based on the combination of the energy colour and the second elemental from the 4 key tapping.

Then, at least there is a good choice of colour customisation for the new Warframe while keeping that in (although it still leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth).