The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Could also be that the first pic shows off his noble like stance and the second shows of his agile like stance.

He's Holding a Redeemer, as such Noble and Agile animations don't matter, that is his animation stance when wielding the redeemer, whether it's place holder or not remains to be seen.

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Eredoc

to be fair I wouldn't touch nyx prime with a ten feet pole either XD though that's just personal preference.

Edit: yup tails ftw

His tail looks more like a bacon strip :/

I hope he can sprout some awesome elemental wings based on your energy color from his back, just as a special effect for one of his abilities.

Edited by HolyDonut3

Chinese dragons have horns

So Chroma must be either Thai or Japanese dragon

Actually it's based off the Leafy Sea Dragon like we've said countless times.

Leafy_Sea_Dragon9_.jpg

Also all Asian Dragons like kinda closely related to the Chinese Dragons in appearance and from what I can see they all have horns.

I also found out that Chinese Dragons were known to be benevolent creatures that helped the people instead of terrorizing them like in other cultures. Isn't that kinda strange?

They are also the only culture where their demons don't have horns and bat like wings. 

uhh....anyways back on topic now. I was just looking up some stuff about the lucky Asian Dragon that the DE mentioned about Chroma and I decided to search around and I found out about the Chinese Dragons which then lead to other stuff.....but if they wanted to make a lucky dragon they should of made it a Lunar Dragon ya know? Lunar New Year~ Lunar Dragon?

Actually it's based off the Leafy Sea Dragon like we've said countless times.

Leafy_Sea_Dragon9_.jpg

Also all Asian Dragons like kinda closely related to the Chinese Dragons in appearance and from what I can see they all have horns.

I also found out that Chinese Dragons were known to be benevolent creatures that helped the people instead of terrorizing them like in other cultures. Isn't that kinda strange?

They are also the only culture where their demons don't have horns and bat like wings. 

uhh....anyways back on topic now. I was just looking up some stuff about the lucky Asian Dragon that the DE mentioned about Chroma and I decided to search around and I found out about the Chinese Dragons which then lead to other stuff.....but if they wanted to make a lucky dragon they should of made it a Lunar Dragon ya know? Lunar New Year~ Lunar Dragon?

TBH I haven't seen any proof on what kind of dragons they took for inspiration cosmetic wise(I would love to know honestly) though they have stated Asian dragons luck was a inspiration for a power on tennolive 2015.

I have to admit, I'll probably have to get the alt helmet to actually play him... I don't like the snout. I really don't.

Well man i think that all the alt helmets gonna have a snout parcially diferent but a snout at the end, because is part of his abilities like Limbo and is hat.

TBH I haven't seen any proof on what kind of dragons they took for inspiration cosmetic wise(I would love to know honestly) though they have stated Asian dragons luck was a inspiration for a power on tennolive 2015.

IIRC, didn't Scott say that they didn't choose one specific dragon type as the inspiration, but multiple dragon types from multiple cultures? Both for his visual design and his powers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon#Depictions_of_the_dragon

Take a look here. Chroma takes on different elements based on what color his energy is and there are 100 different kinds of Chinese dragons each taking on their own element and they are also named after colors like red dragon, yellow dragon, and etc.

Chroma however possibly meaning Chrome takes on all the elements of all the dragons, so hes possibly the combination of all Asian Dragons but with a sea dragon appearance.

Chinese scholars have classified dragons in diverse systems. For instance, Emperor Huizong of Song canonized five colored dragons as "kings".

• The Azure Dragon [Qinglong 青龍] spirits, most compassionate kings.
  • The Vermillion Dragon [Zhulong 朱龍] spirits, kings that bestow blessings on lakes.
  • The Yellow Dragon [Huanglong 黃龍] spirits, kings that favorably hear all petitions.
  • The White Dragon [Bailong 白龍] spirits, virtuous and pure kings.
  • The Black Dragon [Xuanlong 玄龍] spirits, kings dwelling in the depths of the mystic waters.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon#Depictions_of_the_dragon

Take a look here. Chroma takes on different elements based on what color his energy is and there are 100 different kinds of Chinese dragons each taking on their own element and they are also named after colors like red dragon, yellow dragon, and etc.

Chroma however possibly meaning Chrome takes on all the elements of all the dragons, so hes possibly the combination of all Asian Dragons but with a sea dragon appearance.

well it's a possibility that's where they drew inspiration I was just curious if they spoke about it anywhere?