The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

No reaction and silence isn't necessarily a bad thing. If there was jeering and booing then it would be a definite fail.

No reaction and silence can primarily mean they were shocked by its design or they were speechless (But not for a good reason).

No reaction and silence can primarily mean they were shocked by its design or they were speechless (But not for a good reason).

My point still stands. It isn't necessarily a bad thing then. It could have been a good, bad, or neutral silence.

No reaction and silence isn't necessarily a bad thing. If there was jeering and booing then it would be a definite fail.

They wont do dat at TennoLive ,maybe because of respect, but the silence said everything

My point still stands. It isn't necessarily a bad thing then. It could have been a good, bad, or neutral silence.

I'm pretty positive it was a bad thing.

How can you spin it into a positive light. You want them to cheer and be excited, but instead everyone was quiet. 

Good thing they saved the sentients for last. Imagine if that was the last reveal of the show.

But yeah... my problem with the design is that I think it's messy and confusing. The reaction was appropriate. I had the same "wat?" reaction when I saw it live.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Compare the reaction to the Chroma reveal with the reaction to the Sentient reveal.

To the Sentient reveal there was applause and cheering, to the Chroma reveal there was complete silence. And probably not the good kind of silence.

How can you spin it into a positive light. You want them to cheer and be excited, but instead everyone was quiet. 

True even more for a frame theme most the community wanted

Edit:Even the prime teaser had reaction, hell even the bunny excal had reaction

Edited by MrKage

I don't expect anyone to cheer to show approval or excitement. I never cheer and outwardly express my excitement. If you have a link to the event, i will watch it and view it for myself.

Compare the reaction to the Chroma reveal with the reaction to the Sentient reveal.

To the Sentient reveal there was applause and cheering, to the Chroma reveal there was complete silence. And probably not the good kind of silence.

Sentients are a much bigger reveal than a Warframe though. We're finally getting the faction that Warframes and Tenno were created to fight against. That is a huge thing.

I don't expect anyone to cheer to show approval or excitement. I never cheer and outwardly express my excitement. If you have a link to the event, i will watch it and view it for myself.

Sentients are a much bigger reveal than a Warframe though. We're finally getting the faction that Warframes and Tenno were created to fight against. That is a huge thing.

so what about the prime teaser and even the bunny trailer?

Edit:Go check warframe channel on youtube to see tenno live 

Edited by MrKage

The whole point is to show your positive reaction as a means to show your appraisal. Imagine if in a concert, the band comes out but no one cheers or acts excited. They are instead quiet. To the band, it's the audience not showing approval or aren't enjoying what is being presented to them. That is the exact same thing that happened here.

The Dragon frame is huge too. So many people wanted him, so many people were excited. Go the dragon frame concept thread, everyone in there was excited and were dying to see it. 

The whole point is to show your positive reaction as a means to show your appraisal. Imagine if in a concert, the band comes out but no one cheers or acts excited. They are instead quiet. To the band, it's the audience not showing approval or aren't enjoying what is being presented to them. That is the exact same thing that happened here.

The Dragon frame is huge too. So many people wanted him, so many people were excited. Go the dragon frame concept thread, everyone in there was excited and were dying to see it. 

It's also considered rude to interrupt when they speak.The clapping for the sentinel trailer was because tenno live was over and a show of approval and gratitude for the dev talk even for volt it was low toned and felt forced over a small teaser.IMO because it's all speculation anyways.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

F*** 'dem spies, that's why I use the Ginslinger (not gunslinger), not to be a $&*^, but to troll spies. Sap my sentry? I'll just destroy it for you and make another mini sentry about 15 meters away from you, all the while spilling my lead in your face.

YEAH! THAT'S THE FERNANDO I KNOW! >;D

It's also considered rude to interrupt when they speak.The clapping for the sentinel trailer was because tenno live was over and a show of approval and gratitude for the dev talk IMO anyway because it's all speculation anyways. 

I'm quite positive the devs would rather hear the approval and happiness of the fans over what they are showing than just continuing to talk. That's why a lot of comedians let the audience laugh it out after a funny joke, to continue talking just doesn't work.

Plus, the devs there saw that no one was responding to it so they continue to talk. If hey did cheer and show approval, they'd wait patiently for the audience to quiet down.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

It's also considered rude to interrupt when they speak.The clapping for the sentinel trailer was because tenno live was over and a show of approval and gratitude for the dev talk even for volt it was low toned and felt forced over a small teaser.IMO because it's all speculation anyways.

This is a gaming event we are talking about, event where people are supposed to be happy and have fun and see new exciting things. Showing your happinnes and excitement/aproval of something by cheering or clapping is not considered rude there.

They weren't getting briefed in a strict military meeting about preventing the end of the world.

Just dropping my first reaction to the design here:

TlWPkJ2.png

Goofy wearing Deadpool's meat armor.

But dunno, as soon as I get it I'll get rid of the meat color scheme, add some golden primed bling and pray for a neat alt helmet.

I'm quite positive the devs would rather hear the approval and happiness of the fans over what they are showing than just continuing to talk. That's why a lot of comedians let the audience laugh it out after a funny joke, to continue talking just doesn't work.

Plus, the devs there saw that no one was responding to it so they continue to talk. If hey did cheer and show approval, they'd wait patiently for the audience to quiet down.

"the devs there saw that no one was responding to it so they continue to talk" the devs kept talking over the claps at the end aswell so I don't think they would have waited.btw is it me or does this argument over whether clapping at the showing of chromas feels kinda forced I mean what do we get from this? that the audience didn't like him or were baffled? seems silly IMO  tumblr_lnfdzz2udn1qbq71s.gif

It's also considered rude to interrupt when they speak.The clapping for the sentinel trailer was because tenno live was over and a show of approval and gratitude for the dev talk IMO because it's all speculation anyways. 

Having just watched the parts of the live stream, i agree with you. The excitement i saw after the prime teaser, i'd say it was related to the devs or whoever it was that said something right after it. 

Either way, silence does not equal dislike or contempt at all. I'm leaning more toward it being a neutral or confusion silence though. Not a hatred or dislike silence.

This is a gaming event we are talking about, event where people are supposed to be happy and have fun and see new exciting things. Showing your happinnes and excitement/aproval of something by cheering or clapping is not considered rude there.

They weren't getting briefed in a strict military meeting about preventing the end of the world.

Did you watch the most recent E3 we had? Because what i've seen from most gaming events are a quiet audience.

"the devs there saw that no one was responding to it so they continue to talk" the devs kept talking over the claps at the end aswell so I don't think they would have waited.btw is it me or does this argument over whether clapping at the showing of chromas feels kinda forced I mean what do we get from this? that the audience didn't like him or were baffled? seems silly IMO  tumblr_lnfdzz2udn1qbq71s.gif

This. People on the forums and ingame like him and his design as well. We can't judge his entire reception on an incredibly small part of the community such as Tenno Live attendees.

Edited by EmptyDevil

"the devs there saw that no one was responding to it so they continue to talk" the devs kept talking over the claps at the end aswell so I don't think they would have waited.btw is it me or does this argument over whether clapping at the showing of chromas feels kinda forced I mean what do we get from this? that the audience didn't like him or were baffled? seems silly IMO  tumblr_lnfdzz2udn1qbq71s.gif

Well what the hell do you expect?

We've circle jerked every bit of arguments that we can have about the damned frame to the point that we can't discuss anything any further.

I think it's more of this.

KMgBosD.gif

And not this.

n5MAQ5u.gif

Edited by kiteohatto

This. People on the forums and ingame like him and his design as well. We can't judge his entire reception on an incredibly small part of the community such as Tenno Live attendees.

Ah yes, generalize the forums and in-game audience as well. 

Because y'know, that strawpoll there is totally meaningless. 

gif1.gif because the poll is pointless @_@ DE isn't going to change him over 1000-2000 voted poll

It still shows that a fairly large portion dislikes it. You cannot deny this.

Edited by ScrublordPrime