Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serration Needs To Be Removed

Dio_Brando

just like vacuum should be a standard sentinel mod, serration must be removed. serration destroys customization and creativity. i want to be able to use the other sentinels more but i don't because vacuum is the only useful mod. i want to increase my reload speed but i cant because i need to use damage mods. its the same thing. just remove serration and apply its bonus per level as the community has suggested. it will cultivate creativity in the modding system. 

Edited by Dio_Brando

Remove Split Chamber! Only shotguns should be allowed to have multiple projectiles! 

fine, keep using the same three mods on every gun. split chamber, serreation and high caliber. that dosent get boring

If you put Heavy Cal on everything, you are doing it wrong!

I think they're already working on this. Although personally I wouldn't tie damage upgrades directly to the weapons themselves, I'd rather some kind of separate progression system/skill tree for the "mandatory" stuff like weapon damage, health & shields, etc.

you just complicate things. simple systems are better systems

just like vacuum should be a standard sentinel mod, serration must be removed. serration destroys customization and creativity. i want to be able to use the other sentinels more but i don't because vacuum is the only useful mod. i want to increase my reload speed but i cant because i need to use damage mods. its the same thing. just remove serration and apply its bonus per level as the community has suggested. it will cultivate creativity in the modding system.

I feel like this is a good idea, as it could passively apply as the weapon levels. However we ALL KNOW that people will just slap moar elemental damage on the extra slot. it's a lose-lose tbh

vacuum is the only useful mod.

I strongly disagree with this statement. I think you heavily underestimate the value of Wyrm(prime)'s CC in the form of Crowd Dispersion. It gives you time to react, and if you're in a defense mission, all those enemies battering the cryopod get knocked down and stop damage, giving you time to deal with them. Assuming you have a Frost with Snow Globe present, you just got enough time to walk around and melee ground finisher a good portion of those enemies struggling to stand up, saving tons of ammo.

I see no logic in removing serration

I feel the same.

The problems with the weapon balance aren't entirely the fault of the Weapons. There are other more important factors.

Removing serration wont do anything at all save for weaken the Player character so that content that Serration was more or less mandatory for will suddenly be nearly impossible without metagaming even harder.

/request thread close

very helpful disscusion

I strongly disagree with this statement. I think you heavily underestimate the value of Wyrm(prime)'s CC in the form of Crowd Dispersion. It gives you time to react, and if you're in a defense mission, all those enemies battering the cryopod get knocked down and stop damage, giving you time to deal with them. Assuming you have a Frost with Snow Globe present, you just got enough time to walk around and melee ground finisher a good portion of those enemies struggling to stand up, saving tons of ammo.

whatever you say. i dont think most would agree with you

Serration takes time and cores to max. We all know that. And that's it's beauty. The biggest problem with the mod is maxing it out too soon. DE needs to take away the ability to sell mods that are ranked up. So everybody has to earn that maxed serration. Now let the hate flow.

Edited by (PS4)PillarOfWar