The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

This probably was suggested here in the 30-something pages that i didnt read but im going to say it still, for the offensive Sentinels, Wyrm and Deth, how about when you are crouching they dont fire their guns?

Not that I am disagreeing, but why not just use Shade?

Not that I am disagreeing, but why not just use Shade?

Im leveling the Dethcube now and it sucks that because i am doing this i cant do any stealth at all.

If that one stealth challenge pops up i cant do it, if i join an in-session game where people are sneaking i have to just hang back and do nothing, etc.

anyone who have played the Thief series knows the light gem, a light meter that allows you to see how well you are hidden in the dark. We could have something like that in warframe too, right now it's kind of a binary system where the enemy sees you instantly and run to the alarm. With this new possibilities like shooting down lights or deactivating them by hacking the consoles would be possible to make stealth more effective.

I have found that there seems to be a lot lights, but no light switch. I think it would be good to have a power grid in some rooms to turn of the lights and make the enemies oblivious to use when we are in heavily shaded areas. Assassins and Lights do not mix well.

Create level specific for stealth

You success the mission, you get reward with higher rate of uncommon/rare mods, material, money at the end mission

You fail to "ninja",enemy spawn rampage and you just go Rambo, receive normal reward. 

How about that?

I think someone mentioned this but enemies shouldn't spawn so close to the starting point. I had just spawned in a Pluto Infested map when the Lotus just told me 'Nobody knows you are on this ship' when a Toxic Ancient just walked in to give me a friendly hug

I agree with nearly every point at the top of this thread! I very much come to Warframe looking to play as a stealth character. I even spent some money to purchase Loki and Ash right away to try them out. While stealth is becoming more viable with each update, I have sadly found that I am relying more and more on playing heavier damage-dealing warframes because the game feels much more optimized for run-n-gun play.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, I would like to add that having the ability to see enemies vision cones on the mini-map would be awesome. Sometimes I think I am safe and undetected and then suddenly someone will start shooting me when I thought they could not see me. The feedback on what enemies can and cannot see should be stronger.

I really like how games like Rid$&*^ and Dishonored have actual HUD indicators that make it very clear when you are "hidden" or when you are "spotted". I feel like something like this would go a long way for stealth players in Warframe.

I was thinking, but maybe we could get missions that are meant to be done in Stealth Mode? Being caught = mission failed.

Some polishing up and stuff would help a bit for stealth.

I want a silenced pistol, too. Maybe bodies could last longer so they can be caught by other enemies? Kind of like in Metal Gear games where there could be a mode where they go into alert if they notice a body.

Just random ideas thrown out there.

There should be a slight delay if an enemy sees you and you are currently undetected, like in metro last light. We should also be able to climb into air vents and certain lockers and othe hiding places. And for god's sake DE- Make warframes less likely to be seen in the dark.

because it's a nice motivation to go stealth here instead of playing real stealth games like mgs, deus ex, hitman blood money, or tenchu.

why, oh why did you forget about "Thief" (especially "Thief 2") the monolithic masterpiece of stealth and looting stuff from under peoples noses, without them seeing a single hair on your head....

The Biggest problem I see with stealth in this game is that the goodies are in the baddies. Sure you don't need modded to the max weapons to sneak past guys, but you can't sneak past bosses or other assassination targets.