The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

the thing they could do with bosses, is put them in a room with no one else (kinda like the jackal), because if you stealth kill a boss... well think of it, it wouldn`t be a challenge to anyone who masters stealth. unless DE puts the boss as a VIP (4-5 guys constantly keeping their eyes on the boss), stealth killing a boss will be a small challenge - just sneak up to him, and boom, he`s dead....

you could say that getting to him, without triggering an alarm is a difficult thing, but once you`re in the room, after the cutscene, he just wanders around, and sometimes he`s completely unguarded...

the thing they could do with bosses, is put them in a room with no one else (kinda like the jackal), because if you stealth kill a boss... well think of it, it wouldn`t be a challenge to anyone who masters stealth. unless DE puts the boss as a VIP (4-5 guys constantly keeping their eyes on the boss), stealth killing a boss will be a small challenge - just sneak up to him, and boom, he`s dead....

you could say that getting to him, without triggering an alarm is a difficult thing, but once you`re in the room, after the cutscene, he just wanders around, and sometimes he`s completely unguarded...

tenchu approach may be good too. if you reach the boss room undetected he stand there alone. and you deal with him 1 vs 1.

also doors are getting auto locked, to prevent any enemies to enter the room, see you and trigger alarm. also preventing your escape.

Edited by n7snk

tenchu approach may be good too. if you reach the boss room undetected he stand there alone. and you deal with him 1 vs 1.

also doors are getting auto locked, to prevent any enemies to enter the room, see you and trigger alarm. also preventing your escape.

It's currently is. If you can sneak until you met the boss, you fight him solo 1 vs 1. Tested with Banshee on Captain Vor.

I could reach the Vay Hek in stealth. Killed the other enemies in the room then started the boss fight. Could defeat him without any other enemy trigger the alarm.

But i'm half sure that the doors don't lock down. If there is a enemy in the next or past room, he could get alerted or enter our room and trigger the alarm. There is not any guarantee... but never happened to me . -.

I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you're giving bonus exp for a stealth kill, and then a penalty for kills at the end of the mission.

Think about it.

Greater reward for killing an enemy from stealth.

Penalty for killing an enemy.

Also, I'm sure that I'm going to be parroting other posts in this thread, but if it hasn't been said, it needs too.

Rewarding stealth gameplay over run and gun runs into serious problems that are inherent with warframe and sentinel balance issues.

There are only two warframes with stealth abilities, and one sentinel with cloak.

This gives players who choose stealth frames and sentinels a heavy advantage in receiving stealth rewards over those who do not.

If I wanted to receive a stealth bonus with a warframe like volt or ember, I would be limited to choosing shade as my sentinel or would be forced to kill enemies I come across, reducing my bonus.

I understand that in a squad-based shooter that has a limited ninja-theme to it that many of you would like to be rewarded to complying with an assassin style of play, but also understand that with the current sentinel and warframe abilities, Warframe has not decided to take this route as a style of gameplay.

While creating equivalent rewards for a stealth route would be acceptable, making it more rewarding would be counterproductive to the current direction of the game.

A stealth run takes the twice of the time of a reckless run. The bonus is to make a one stealth run give quite the same amount of the xp reward not to be the better way.

I suggested in another topic (and i think in this too) to take off the bonus if the kill was made under a skill influence. With a warframe that have a stealth ability will be easy but not better.

Edited by Probta16

A stealth run takes the twice of the time of a reckless run. The bonus is to make a one stealth run give quite the same amount of the xp reward not to be the better way.

No. Just no. Loki was my first frame. Fully modded for power duration and power max, you can stealth forever, and then with energy siphon just hide in a corner if you ever run out of energy. It's not fair to excalibur/mag/ember/trinity/etc./etc./etc.

How would you feel if they said "Alright, from now on you get an exp bonus if you're using a prime warframe."

It's rewarding people for making a choice, not for skill.

If it takes you twice as long, but you get double the reward, then you've lost the balance.

Because as soon as it is streamlined and doesn't take twice as long, or you get lucky with random room placement, you will pull ahead of people who did not make the same choice as you.

Equivalent is okay, exceeding is unfair.

To analogize this  while still being politically correct, it's like you're saying, "Let's give bees the right to vote, and in exchange, no one else can vote anymore."

It's. Not. Fair.

Edited by Aaces

Your post seems like a reasonable solution. Adding parameters to qualify for stealth bonus evens things out. I like it.

I hope that DE liked it too.

Last time, Steve said that they are talking about to put a stealth mission type in the game.

If bonus is taken away from stealth kills using abilities, then there will be no point in using stealth Warframes in the first place, it's similar to saying offensive Warframes should not get any exp if they kill a unit using an ability. The whole point of stealth Warframes (e.g. Loki) is to be able to stealth more easily compared to other Warframes like how offensive or defensive Warframes makes it easier to play their respective role, but I'm all in for the idea of bonus rewards

I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but you're giving bonus exp for a stealth kill, and then a penalty for kills at the end of the mission.

Think about it.

Greater reward for killing an enemy from stealth.

Penalty for killing an enemy.

the answer is very simple. if you kill enemies stealthy you recieve xp and mods. if you ignore enemies you recieve full bonus on the end of the mission. this way if you decided to kill everybody or to kill noone in stealth will be more or less equal outcome.

Edited by n7snk

HELL YEAH!!!

I'm a stealth player and I really want more rewards/credits for been undetected and completing the level undetected.

I totally agree with the thread creator cuz he cool :3

Please Digital Extremes Ltd. listen to your players and bring this awesome implant this awesome idea to the game.

I will be really (extreme) happy if you implant this idea to the game.

Good luck!

My biggest frustration has quickly become the fact that once an enemy successfully triggers an alert, you can NEVER turn it off. That, and I keep getting spotted in areas where I think I am completely concealed. 

Here is a situation that just happened to me: I had cleared nearly every enemy from a very large room. I hid under a staircase near some boxes, in the shadows. I figured I was concealed since even I could barely see my character on my screen. And then a soldier who was fairly far away just spotted me and started shooting. Before I could act, they had already tripped the alarm. From that point on, I had no choice but to run-n-gun the entire mission. There was never even one moment of down time where I could go back to sneaking.

This is immensely frustrating, and honestly, it happens at least 4/5 of the time. Beyond the starting missions on Mercury, I have never been able to complete an entire mission without being spotted. It makes stealth feel weak.

Two major things I'd like to be able to do:

Hack a control panel, just like when you unlock doors, to shut off the alert once it is triggered. This would stop enemies spawning and would revert the game back to the state it was in before the player was spotted, allowing players who survive being seen to then go back to sneaking.

An ability for either my Warframe or my Sentinel that gives me some sort of ability to see enemies on a mini-map or see them vaguely through walls. Something with a vision cone indicator so that I know exactly where I can and cannot be spotted.

Oh, and a third small thing: My sentinel should also turn invisible when I use Loki's cloaking ability.

Right now, I keep going back to trying to play stealth, and never feel like the game wants to let me play that way. I don't feel challenged, I feel like the scenarios become impossible for my playstyle. We're space ninjas. We should be able to sneak.

It's for stealth play. If your a ninja, wouldn't you want to use shadow and dark area for cover. Why must we always try to sneak up on enemy from behind? The game already allowed us to break some lights with skill. It be even better to shot the lights to dim the room down a bit.

I'm surprised we haven't seen very many - if any - stealth-focused mods. Maybe something that increases crouching speed, or quietens footsteps, as well as some more work done with lights and shadows with regards to their effect on stealth gameplay. I do think that stealth in this title is almost where it needs to be, and that just a few minor teaks could complete it.

It's for stealth play. If your a ninja, wouldn't you want to use shadow and dark area for cover. Why must we always try to sneak up on enemy from behind? The game already allowed us to break some lights with skill. It be even better to shot the lights to dim the room down a bit.

You don't need to be in his back. They cone view is really little. You can do a side strike takedown without get spotted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62208-derp-stealth-mini-manual/#entry649063

And if you are saying to be able to stay in a dark place to a enemy come right to you and kill him is kinda weird to me . -. But it could make the stealth pace more faster.

I'm surprised we haven't seen very many - if any - stealth-focused mods. Maybe something that increases crouching speed, or quietens footsteps, as well as some more work done with lights and shadows with regards to their effect on stealth gameplay. I do think that stealth in this title is almost where it needs to be, and that just a few minor teaks could complete it.

Yeah, it could be good and even a stealth reward.

My biggest frustration has quickly become the fact that once an enemy successfully triggers an alert, you can NEVER turn it off. That, and I keep getting spotted in areas where I think I am completely concealed. 

Here is a situation that just happened to me: I had cleared nearly every enemy from a very large room. I hid under a staircase near some boxes, in the shadows. I figured I was concealed since even I could barely see my character on my screen. And then a soldier who was fairly far away just spotted me and started shooting. Before I could act, they had already tripped the alarm. From that point on, I had no choice but to run-n-gun the entire mission. There was never even one moment of down time where I could go back to sneaking.

This is immensely frustrating, and honestly, it happens at least 4/5 of the time. Beyond the starting missions on Mercury, I have never been able to complete an entire mission without being spotted. It makes stealth feel weak.

Two major things I'd like to be able to do:

Hack a control panel, just like when you unlock doors, to shut off the alert once it is triggered. This would stop enemies spawning and would revert the game back to the state it was in before the player was spotted, allowing players who survive being seen to then go back to sneaking.

An ability for either my Warframe or my Sentinel that gives me some sort of ability to see enemies on a mini-map or see them vaguely through walls. Something with a vision cone indicator so that I know exactly where I can and cannot be spotted.

Oh, and a third small thing: My sentinel should also turn invisible when I use Loki's cloaking ability.

Right now, I keep going back to trying to play stealth, and never feel like the game wants to let me play that way. I don't feel challenged, I feel like the scenarios become impossible for my playstyle. We're space ninjas. We should be able to sneak.

I completely agree with the suggestion to hack a console to turn off the alarm. Makes sense since that could place enemies in other rooms on hi-alert and scanning for you in patrol patterns rather than "He entered the room omg fire all weapons." when this is the 15th room away from the spot you were initially spotted in.