Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner Fu Legitimate Technique Or Just Plain Cheating?

Fylas

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic.

Okay recently I've been using the codex scanner offensively. Aiming abilities like Volt's lightning at ground near enemies behind objects to make em strike em, or to trace the movement of enemies behind thick walls and off them with a lanka or pierce modified weapon as an addition to stealth play. 

I was wondering if more people use X-ray features aggressively like that or if people consider it "cheating"  to use the codex scanner like a spotting device in combination with enemy radar. 

I think it's normal to use any device you have at your disposal to its full extend to get the most out of it.

Heck I've been using the codex scanner to see how far my gammacor can shoot with reach mod (33.4 meters if I remember correctly) and to get a feeling for distances for falloff weapons projectiles like arrows.

I wouldn't say it's cheating. It is simply using a tool in a way that it wasn't originally intended to be used. 

If I'm doing a stealth mission I often use my scanner to see who/what is behind door number one a wall. 

• 1 month later...

I use it for stealth as well but I wish that we had the ability to upgrade it with faster ping speed, zoom with slow motion & wide angle with multi scan just to state a few also they need to change the the confirm button for the right stick select when we bring up the gear list in game sometimes when I release the right stick the centering of the stick will select another option before I press the button and I end up selecting the wrong thing where as with the left stick I can hold the stick in position while confirming.

I was wondering if more people use X-ray features aggressively like that or if people consider it "cheating"  to use the codex scanner like a spotting device in combination with enemy radar. 

Yep definitely, since I started using it I scanned everything that show up as a bleep on my scanner, used it to spot what the next room had in store for me, but funnily enough never used it as an aiming device.

Nowadays my codex is pretty full and only the more obscure Eximus variants, containers and special enemies are left to be scanned, which is why I mainly use it to get awesome stealth kill streaks in spy missions, if I'm not bum rushing to farm those insanely rare mods (DAMN YOU Rime Rounds!).

Now if I could only teach my Helios to !@#$ing stop scanning S#&$ that is either unnecessary or not even in the codex *grmbl*

>:(