Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resolution To Tradeable Syndicate Sydana Outcry

Jylon

For a couple months at a point to come soon when he is off his smuggled refined argon crystal meth high and functioning,  Darvo will offer each of the six syndicate sydanas and perhaps the weapons.  However, this badboy is ultimate corpus and demands the best compensation therein...platinum.

1000 platinum for whatever sydana one wishes.  and here we go, everyone, the best plat sink DE could envision while satisfying the whining needs of those worst addicted to the game...the ones that must have and catch it all ^o^

it is an idea, at least.  pay-to-win really doesn't exist in this game as it can others, however, pay-to-complete-collection definitely has a major presence.

and no, i could care less about the sydanas and i would rather use my rep for increasing my keys for future prime releases or the soon-to-come syndicate melee and primary weps;  so this is not self-serving  :}

DE would get too much flak for something like that.

Just live with the fact that you can't get absolutely everything you want. Exclusivity all around. That was the whole point of the syndicates in the first place, was it not?

If only from the start we'd been told exactly what items we would get from the respective syndicate. If I'd known, for example, I'd love Perrin's syandana more than Meridian's, I would've chosen Perrin as my syndicate.

Charging people platinum only turns it into P2W.

Not on a cosmetic item. 

Regardless, I don't see how this would solve any issue any non-supporter of this change has against it. The point is to earn by serving the Syndicate, not supplying platinum. If these were introduced inherently requiring platinum, I would have no problem with it, but they were not, therein making me have a problem with it.

Moved to General Feedback.

How are the Syndana's pay to win in this case? They are purely cosmetic - which is why I'm guessing DE made them non-tradeable.

Not on a cosmetic item.

You've activated my trap quote.

The primary reason people want these syandanas is because they are collectionists/completionists. To them, winning means "to own everything", so if they are allowed to pay for it, they'll do it without blinking. P2W.

Edited by Archistopheles

They should stay syndicate-non tradeable exclusive, same with all the future cosmetics/collor palletes that each syndicate offers, as player we ask for some cosmetic items for representing our favorite syndicate and DE give us syandanas....i mean making them tradeable makes the whole point of leveling a syndicate pointless :/, considering that already you can trade weapons and mods for each syndicate.

The primary reason people want these syandanas is because they are collectionists/completionists. To them, winning means "to own everything", so if they are allowed to pay for it, they'll do it without blinking. P2W.

Hard to argue against that point, honestly.

However, if they are still able to be earned, we can still say P2W (PLay To Win), and P2WF (Pay To Win Faster).

However, if they are still able to be earned, we can still say P2W (PLay To Win), and P2WF (Pay To Win Faster).

Technically you can rep-farm, and un-rep all the syndicates in order and end up with all the rewards. This would take a month or two, and at least a dozen different prime helms/parts/potatoes, but it could be done.

Should something like that be allowed to be shortcut, when it itself is shady and circumventing the game's design? My opinion is 'no', but you are free to disagree.

I mean, if that's the case, why not simply let me drop ~1000 plat and insta-rep myself from 0 to hero with any syndicate? It's technically kosher based on your definition :)

i was essentially kidding with this idea, since i see the collecting-obsessive people in this game go crazy at various times. like when the new syndicate mods came about, there was so much mayhem.  and before the corrupted mods recently had equal chance to acquire one after the new set of them was introduced with their own attain chances superceding the old, even moreso.

and let us not ignore those willing to spend 10k plat for primed chamber, not to really use since other weps are so much better ....but they must have it because it is out there and attainable in one single way now....buy from another who has one.  but it is there, so highly-valued....a shiny shiny...must get...  :P

personally, i believe syndicates need to feel more unique and special, so the current instance of availability of sydanas was the right choice.  i would, however, miss my vaykor marelok and synoid gammacor.

since i main as zephyr, nothing but a cooler version of the pyra syndana entices me anyways.  after all, an air (flight-based)-frame needs some wings!