The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Your Most Glorious Moment As A Newbie?

Spears

The stalker appeared for the first time. I panicked. I ran by him toward the next room. It was a closet, but since I was new, I didn't realize this. As I passed by him, he shot the reinforced glass on a corpus window. I was in the closet, thinking I was screwed. He died. I paused, then laughed.

Finally stopping the infinite knockdown-off-the-map Jackal stomp.

Soloing Captain Vor, Jackal, old Vay Hek, and Nef Anyo (I felt accomplished because he seemed really easy, little did I know he's pathetic for everyone).

Clearing an entire room of Grineer with Radial Javelin.

Stealthing through missions using a Skana.

Attempting a T3 Exterminate with fellow newbies (didn't go well, but was hilarious).

Spamming Super Jump + Heavy Impact on Infested.

When I first started playing back in 2013, I played with my younger brother, his friend and our mutual friend.

They ended up rushing ahead and leaving me to die.

I got annoyed by it and dropped the game for quite some time. I ended up coming back, after selling my TF2 items for steam currency, I bought Nekros and Stalker's weapon pack. I ended up dominating the very same enemies who dominated me when I got left behind all that time ago. Then I just kept playing and eventually got to where I am now.

Another proud moment of mine was when I finally got all of Frost Prime's parts from the Void. I even remember waking up, saying "I am going to get those systems today" and I did after a few tries. Have been using him ever since.

Edited by Tymerc

Completing the Hidden Parkour rooms in the void.  Back when the loot was actually worth it.

Now, nobody even cares to do them ;-;

i remember when those were first introduced. everyone and their grandma were excited to get into those rooms. 

now for me, it was when i managed to convince people to taxi me to farm ash's parts. i wasn't even done with mercury and i had ash xD this was before the server wipe

I remember the time when assassination alert still a thing, there is that Lech Krill assassination with pretty high level and valuable reward, I remember level 50 or so, me and my friend make a squad and 2 other guy join. I still dont know how to kill krill back then, and when we get to boss room, everyone start to cover krill with bullet, and of course, no dmg whatsoever, half way through me and my friend run out of ammo, some of us down a couple of times. Until his body start to glow with fire, I quickly use several ammo restore that I save up, back then I can only afford the single craft blue print, not the batch of 10 like now. Everyone start to focus fire on his head, seeing his HP starting to drop, we know that we can finally end this. And when Krill finally die, men that was the most glorious moment ever for me. We all yelling gg, nice fight and laughing after a 30+ min fighting Krill alone. One of my best memories in this game.

Edited by Harrycan