The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The Tenno Are The Douchebag Master Race Of The Universe Then I Take It?

Zephyrine

Oh wow. Did you personally work on that game?

You mean you've never paid any attention to those games? Never watched an interview? Anything? Rapture and the story they told in it was written out before the first game released. I thought that was common knowledge.

There's even a mission were a Grineer scientist has found a cure for the Grineer genetic decay and so the Tenno are sent to kill him.... Just cause.

Yeah, this always freaked me out.  Everything else I just explained to myself with "Oh, they'll clear it up later", but this one was a bit genocidey.

You mean you've never paid any attention to those games? Never watched an interview? Anything? Rapture and the story they told in it was written out before the first game released. I thought that was common knowledge.

What is common to some, is rare to others :)

Oh yes and the Golem talking.... Infested talking. That's just bad.

It's like when the flood was given dialogue in Halo 2. Didn't work there either.

It's supposed to be a mindless all consuming entity without fear, emotion or reason.

Yeah, this always freaked me out.  Everything else I just explained to myself with "Oh, they'll clear it up later", but this one was a bit genocidey.

In defense of the Tennos actions, we don't really have much story about the Grineer people. We know they are suffering from terrible genetic decay. We know they have a sizable army and powerful military technology, along with a strong sense of nationalism.

We know they've got phrases like "If our enemies deserves peace they would have defeated us." scrawled on their walls as well.

The Grineer are likely the aggressive, conquering people these factors allude to them being. If that is true the Tenno would be foolish to let them cure themselves.

Viewing everything in black and white can lead to such conclusions. Considering little is known about the Tenno in general, its hard to tell what the deal is.

Also, the Grineer "just defending themselves" is ignoring a lot in the game, even as it is.

The cryopods on Corpus planets are there because the Corpus recovers and salvages them for their own purposes. A lot of these planets used to be Orokin and are excavation sites. Also in the lore.

The hostile response to a founder makes it even harder to take this seriously. 

Sure, in a war there really isn't any good guys, but you are just trying to paint the Tenno as the "worst" and doing so in a very simplistic way, ignoring a lot.

Conquering the universe.

Actually given the number of Tenno, it would actually be impossible for them to conquer anything. You couldn't even hold Earth with 1 million elite troops let alone an interplanetary empire. The Tenno have no true navy, army, support sector. The Tenno are a best raiders, chipping away at a true empire which is the Grineer.

What little lore there is already places the Grineer as having subjugated other "races" of the solar system. They have done so under military might and mass of numbers (ah cloning). Currently the only other faction/race that isn't under the Grineer's thumb is the Corpus. A group that hold a strangle hold on an economic empire and indotricantes its 'employees' in techno-magical-occultism that is also exploitatively particle.

Enter the Lotus and her use of the Tenno she is collecting to rebuilt a colony independent of the Grineer and, given the messages in this weekend even, partly by betraying the Corpus (we do ransack their Solar Rail lines at times). Chances are good IMO that the "colony" is being built around or on Mercury in the remaining Orokin Towers.

Looking at with from a jaded point of view, the Tenno are destabilizing raiders and rebels. We/they are not a in any form a conquering army. Everything the Tenno do are some for of hit and run raids, even endless defense is a hold out until reinforcements show up and collect the pod.

So the Tenno wake up with amnesia©. Feeling that now would be a good time to harass the local sentient life forms and that is pretty much what we do all day.

We kill, sabotage, kidnap and steal our way through the universe as other races struggle to just get by.

The Grineer have genuinely interesting lore. A whole race suffering from genetic decay from their cloning who barely even possess human shape any more. They depend on machinery to function. Then the Tenno, some super soldier master race pounce on them and start killing them and blow up their stuff for no reason. We have no motivation to do any of the things we do other than a voice in our head telling us to do so. We have no people to protect. No planet to defend. We just fly around the universe wreaking havoc.

How are we the heroes? What are we anyway? What is our purpose?

There's even a mission were a Grineer scientist has found a cure for the Grineer genetic decay and so the Tenno are sent to kill him.... Just cause.

The Grineer are portrayed as arch type super villains but all they ever do is defend their own stuff against us. It's hard to take them seriously as villains when we are the ones always attacking them. We are the villains. Exterminating other faces who are near powerless to oppose us.

We are the freaking Empire and the Grineer and Corpus are the ewoks.

Lore wise. The Grineer alone are more interesting than everything else in the entire game put together.

Grineer try to extinct us.

The Corpus Sell us.

'Nuff said.

Actually given the number of Tenno, it would actually be impossible for them to conquer anything. You couldn't even hold Earth with 1 million elite troops let alone an interplanetary empire. The Tenno have no true navy, army, support sector. The Tenno are a best raiders, chipping away at a true empire which is the Grineer.

What little lore there is already places the Grineer as having subjugated other "races" of the solar system. They have done so under military might and mass of numbers (ah cloning). Currently the only other faction/race that isn't under the Grineer's thumb is the Corpus. A group that hold a strangle hold on an economic empire and indotricantes its 'employees' in techno-magical-occultism that is also exploitatively particle.

Enter the Lotus and her use of the Tenno she is collecting to rebuilt a colony independent of the Grineer and, given the messages in this weekend even, partly by betraying the Corpus (we do ransack their Solar Rail lines at times). Chances are good IMO that the "colony" is being built around or on Mercury in the remaining Orokin Towers.

Looking at with from a jaded point of view, the Tenno are destabilizing raiders and rebels. We/they are not a in any form a conquering army. Everything the Tenno do are some for of hit and run raids, even endless defense is a hold out until reinforcements show up and collect the pod.

This.

We're outnumbered and outgunned. If we had to go up against, hell, 30 Ambulas (I don't doubt they have the ability to make that many) with a full regiment of backup railgunners in a standup fight, we'd be wiped out in minutes.

The Tenno kill what amount to infantry and occasionally special forces or mechanized infantry. The Tenno are NOT committing genocide, they don't have the means by any stretch of the imagination.

I bet players as a whole have killed the current population of Earth twice over in game in terms of grineer/corpus, and they probably barely noticed it or felt it. 6 billion? Man, that's like, one colony. Maybe. We have more bodyguards stationed in front of our toilets. Let the little kids play with their toys. Oh, and shoot them if you get the chance, just out of spite.

And that's not even taking into account the possibility of extrasolar colonies from both factions.

It's kind of hard to sympathize with the Grineer since they're so cartoonishly evil.

I don't see them as cartoonishly evil, I see them as stark raving mad -- as an entire culture.

But that's based entirely on interpretations. Lore will swing it one way or the other.

I love how the Grineer with their ever expanding empire and the Corpus who are weapon dealers are supposed to be the ok guys.....

The Corpus are weapons and (to a degree) SLAVE traders. Those cryopods? Those have people inside.

The Corpus SELL THOSE. To the highest bidder.

They're arguably more cartoonishly evil than the Grineer, considering they draw on the scumbag corporation theme, slave trading, and genocide (this latest event is intended to kill ALL TENNO.)

We should also consider that Tenno are merely tools of war, a caste used by the Orokin society. They don't hate, they don't love, they don't fear, they don't doubt. There are always just them, an order and an enemy.

As much as you can't judge a gun for shooting you can't judge the Tenno for following their orders. They are neither evil nor good.