Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

Belrev has some traits from my two favorite company owned characters. Batman and Red Hood.

He has Batman's stoicism, paranoia, drive for the mission. Has Red Hood's rebellious attitude and likeable personality. Also has the will to do anything to survive and complete the mission.

Look at the parallels between Belrev and his oldest brother, Denger.

Belrev would waste no time in killing a fellow Tenno for self defense, revenge, etc. Meanwhile Denger would avoid that all together.

Compare Denger's honorable personality to the darkness in his younger brother. One doesn't care if other Tenno look down on him for killing his own kind, while the other wants to have peace, regardless of the sacrifices to be made.

Basically:

Belrev: Bad Cop

Denger: Good Cop.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_cop/bad_cop

Belrev: "I'll do whatever it takes to protect my family. Hell, I'll hang the bodies of those who hurt us in a quite grotesque manner. Tenno or not. All this talk about 'Tenno are only loyal to each other' is a damn lie, and a fabrication of dissapointment."

Denger: "I will protect my brothers, at all costs. But I will not kill a fellow Tenno. Regardless of their state or position. Subdue yes, kill no. Unlike my youngest brother, I strive to keep the code of Tenno honor alive."

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Vandal has the traits of Kaneki and Naked Snake (Big Boss, Punished 'Venom' Snake), even though he would eat any flesh and even commit cannibalism because of his Infested background, he respects all of his fellow comrades in battle and always will protect them.

Arino has the traits of Skull Face and Hoxton, he has his own goals on how to control the System but when he goes to someone to help him, he expects something in return, Credits especially. He also has the wits like Hoxton at times.

Shizukana is merely like Quiet's doppelgänger since I'm interested on her character and traits, an expert assassin hidden behind a pretty face. She wants to tell the people who she trusts how much she does trust them and how she cares about them but she can't.

In a sparring-violent way. I dare you however to ask her for the other. :>

No wait, do so if you want. I won't hold you back, I can need a giggle, last few days have been pure horror for me. 

Edited by ArrexDrandko

Wolfie! You're still here!

Sorry I didn't add you to the list, I didn't know you were still around, I'll do it now.

-cut.

No need to apologize, I'm just being too quite (like a ninja). I'm still watching over the thread as I try my best to think about a way to "return" to the thread.

CQ Time:

Is your character like another, and do they have some traits of said character?

M is mainly a unique character. The closest I could get to sharing characteristics is with Deadpool. I say this because both have an extremely dark past hiding behind their jokes. Edited by (PS4)Prince_Of_Nirvan

CQ Time:

Is your character like another, and do they have some traits of said character?

Evan, like most of the people here, have some traits of Deadpool.

He has the fun ( not the violent kind of fun ) side of Deadpool, but can kill you if you piss him off / if he needs to.

Ivan is erm...

Erm...

Optimus Prime?

Just not the leader type of guy ( nor a robot ) :P

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310

Your character is currently doing a mission that's vital to the Tenno cause (or in Hexer's case his little goof troop).

During the mission you learn that the Grineer are planning an assault of a nearby neutral colony that would cause upwards of tens of thousands if civilian casualties if it went underway.

You have a choice to continue the mission or stop the assault, with the consequence that the mission will fail and deliver a large blow to the Tenno (or goof troop) which will include several hundred casualties and major lose of facilities.

What do they do?

Hexer would roll the potential damage/gain around in his head. If losing the mission would result in immediate widespread exposure of his PMC, he'd continue with the mission, and hope that Lady Luck smiles on the civvies.

Umbra would complete the mission as fast as he could, then rush to the assault to try and stop it. If it is in progress, he'll do everything in his power to minimize the damage. If the assault already happened, he'd kill every last Grineer left behind, track down the staging point, murder the commander and blow it to hell, then leave a threatening message for the Queens, and some raunchy images of the queens peppered through it. And it will be in a letter, so whoever opens it has to see the queens in raunchy positions.

Because what else would get someone killed faster than being in front of the Queens and looking at raunchy images of said queens? Also, some humour would be needed after such a depressing situation, and christ if THAT isn't funny.

Evan would ( if possible ) evacuate the people in the facilities, then rush to stop the Grineer.

If not possible, he would stop the mission and save the civilians, and hope for the best for the people in the facilities.

Ivan would just continue with the mission, kinda like Hexer. :P

( If he has a team he would tell his teammates to save the civilians )

Is there an application form/criteria for joining, or is it simply required for us to describe our OC?

It's recommended to read over the first post of the OOC (this thread) and then post a character sheet for your character for the DM (SpaceHelicopter) to review. While that's happening you can ask the other RPers for opinions of your characters, tips and the like and/or get involved in the OOC conversations and the character questions we post every once in a while.

It's also recommended to read over the entire IC thread so that you're properly aware of everything that's happening, but not neccessary seeing as how it's such a large thread.

Also one or two pages back I posted a list so you can see all the RPers and who their characters are if you want to find that out.

Name: Tharl

Frame(if applicable): Chroma

Syndicate(if applicable: Steel Meridian

Personality: Serene, meditative, loves nature and animals. Not afraid of violence but not keen to kill either. Claustrophobic.

Appearance: Silver armour with white energy (most of the time). A dent in his left shoulder plate and dullness from sand abrasion on the shinplates and forearms of the armour.

Brief History: Initially woken in Mars' Silvanus sector, cryo-pod protocols overridden by a Corpus scavenger team after the pod was recovered from a desert skate-inhabited ravine...knowing nothing of his identity, the lotus or the cause of the Tenno, he was kept in a cage alongside skates and kubrows to be sent off-world for experimentation (likely to be handed to Alad V). As the expeditionary craft began to alight it was critically damaged in a Steel Meridian assault (wanting supplies for a small colony in the sector and revenge for three of their own, killed by the Corpus when it was assumed they were regular Grineer forces). Searching the craft, the colonists found the circuitry blown, the crew frozen and a scorch trail leading out the fissure which their rocket had created - a year later he was found by those such-same colonists, investigating a desert skate cluster that had been aerially bombarded by the Grineer. He was taken in by a Grineer sergeant [Dhun Gaxton] and his adopted family, and over the course of the next five years he was taught to overcome his animalistic behaviours and served as protector for the colony in spite of constant cross-faction turmoil in the region.  

Initially Chroma was able to assist, simply by being faster and tougher than any human soldier, serving mainly on Spy missions as conflict could be avoided. However, the intel gathered during these infiltrations increasingly suggested that a more substantial invasion of Mars would be made by the Grineer in the near future, Silvanus sector included. Tharl was sent off (in a shuttle scavenged from the debris of countless skirmishes) to the Tenno Relay on Venus whereupon he would be received by Steel Meridian and instructed in the art of combat and in the use of his abilities, so as to be able to protect his new-found family. The Tenno there were irked to have him in their presence, he would refuse to abide by almost all social convention and openly rejected the supremacy of the Lotus' cause, seeing the objective of balance as representing too narrow a view of 'the greater good'. However, on the day he was to leave the station with a view of returning home he was sent the somewhat joyous news that the invasion had been postponed by other upcoming combat operations involving the 'Crimson Lotus'. The one caveat being that he should best spend the time remaining with more combat-experienced Tenno (suggesting that he should travel to the Orcus Relay on Pluto. Little does he know, as he leaves, that his ship has been sabotaged by two particularly vindictive Red Veil operatives (spurned by his alliance with S.M and refusal to ally with the Red Veil) and that the heat of atmospheric entry will stop Tharl from ever making it to the relay. Instead, the Dodd waystation is Tharl's only hope of avoiding being stranded in the icy wastes below (if he had even survived entry).

Edited by ShareSharqi