Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Kubrow Need Recovery Time From Stasis?

Mickey33

Money Logic. Not Game logic. Not Lore Logic.

I haven't even leveled all types of kubrow to 30 because its just a hassle.

For anyone who plays once or twice a week. hassle.

People who want to play optimally per mission type. hassle.

People who want their credits to go to mod fusions, specially all the new 10 pointers. hassle.

There is a answer for all of the above. Sentinels. Kubrows were obviously not meant for me.

The aspects that make kubrows stand out from sentinels are that they requires serious attentions. If we bring them into battle, we have to care for them if they die or not. We need stabilizer to maintain our puppies. And they make... noise in our liset so we cannot ignore them unless consign to Lotus or stasis chamber. For sentinel? Let him blow up, we can even have a mod that drops RARE PART if our sentinels DIE!

So, DE has succeeded in making us actually care for our companions. And when we do care, we need them to be in good condition. The recovery time is a big hole serving no purpose but hindering the usage of kubrow. 

Edited by Mickey33

The aspects that make kubrows stand out from sentinels are that they requires serious attentions. If we bring them into battle, we have to care for them if they die or not. We need stabilizer to maintain our puppies. And they make... noise in our liset so we cannot ignore them unless consign to Lotus or stasis chamber. For sentinel? Let him blow up, we can even have a mod that drops RARE PART if our sentinels DIE!

So, DE has succeeded in making us actually care for our companions. And when we do care, we need them to be in good condition. The recovery time is a big hole serving no purpose but hindering the usage of kubrow. 

care? I don't care about my kubrow, he just annoys me, I already got a dog in real life I can play with and give food to eat, I take breaks from that so I can play warframe, I don't take breaks from that so I can play freakin tamagotchi.

my 1st kubrow died because i DARED to go on vacation and accidentally forgot to put in stasis, imagine if I put a catalyst into it or a forma, would all have gone to waste then because I got real life stuff to do, just stupid.

I hatched a new tamagotchi but it will stay in stasis untill the credit sink and stasis annoyance have been removed

The upkeep fee and stasis recovery time are the reason I leave all my kubrows frozen. I know it didn't cost much credit but the thought of constant need to maintain the kubrows is just too tiresome. I don't know who would bother to bring a kubrow when sentinel is free and as useful. If DE actually check the stats, they would know that only a few people bother to play with kubrow. Most people like me just leave them in stasis.

Edited by Neogeo

Oh god Almighty THAT Thread again! Will you people never learn how to handle the many F2P virtual worlds?

care? I don't care about my kubrow, he just annoys me, I already got a dog in real life I can play with and give food to eat, I take breaks from that so I can play warframe, I don't take breaks from that so I can play freakin tamagotchi.

my 1st kubrow died because i DARED to go on vacation and accidentally forgot to put in stasis, imagine if I put a catalyst into it or a forma, would all have gone to waste then because I got real life stuff to do, just stupid.

I hatched a new tamagotchi but it will stay in stasis untill the credit sink and stasis annoyance have been removed

Let me introduce you and those other crying balls of unhappiness to the DE's F2P logic when it comes to Kubrows:

The sinks will never be removed. It's a F2P mechanic.

Your kubrow died because you were too careless to use a simple game mechanic so the only one responsible is you and you alone.

Kubrows are not mandatory part of Warframe. If you don't wan it - just complete the quest and consign the poor thing to the Lotus so it would have a better life.

To finish my post, I will say this - I wanna see how you guys will react if sentinels get 5 hours re-building time after they get brown to pieces.

I can't imagine they are taking in much, if any, plat on stasis recovery.  But maybe it is some surprising number so they are keeping it.

I would be very surprised though if it was any kind of significant plat sink, I mean, who does that?  Kubrows aren't so great that I would ever consider dropping platinum just to rush one for a mission.    It just serves to continue to drive a wedge between players and Kubrows.

Stasis is there because DE can't release a new feature without something bad attached to it. It is known.

Like the recent AFK change. I bet they're rolling in money with all the revive recharge sale they got from all the noob.

If you want to do a stealth mission and don't have a stealth Kubrow, take a sentinel. You said yourself that you can change sentinels as much as you want. Your not being forced to choose a Kubrow.

You dont get the point. He wants to use his kubrows depending on his playsytle which imo makes totally sense. But with 3hr cooldown this is  senseless.

Oh god Almighty THAT Thread again! Will you people never learn how to handle the many F2P virtual worlds?

Let me introduce you and those other crying balls of unhappiness to the DE's F2P logic when it comes to Kubrows:

Your kubrow died because you were too careless to use a simple game mechanic so the only one responsible is you and you alone.

Kubrows are not mandatory part of Warframe. If you don't wan it - just complete the quest and consign the poor thing to the Lotus so it would have a better life.

To finish my post, I will say this - I wanna see how you guys will react if sentinels get 5 hours re-building time after they get brown to pieces.

because god forbid ordis will someday actually be usefull outside of annoying you with his stupid messages, he can't put a tamagotchi in stasis, he can't feed the tamagotchi, nay, but he can annoy the F*** out of you with messages.

yeah my fault for daring to go on a vacation without having a warframe tamagotchi in my pocket to take care of or, you know, being human and forgetting something like putting it in bloody stasis.

can't even remember the last time my sentinel died, barely if ever happens, tamagotchi on the other hand, when I see someone use them(which veeery rarely happens) they go down a decent amount

This is an exemplary testament of ignorance at its finest. 

You don't care? I do. And you are under no circumstances to judge the other's opinion and call them crying balls. Bring constructive thoughts into the thread, if I must say please.

Edited by Mickey33

This is just F2P bollocks, along with rush time, revives and slots.  Don't question the logic of it, question the business model.  Don't try to use real life "physics" or logic to explain it, we shouldn't be the ones defending DE's business practices.  This isn't some game mechanics to "care" for your virtual pet.  These are methods that forces you to literally take care of them.  Not the same as caring for, because this is just a guise for micro-transactions.  

If you don't like the freeze time and think you have a valid point, make a constructive thread about either the business model or the mechanic, not both.  Otherwise we have this thread where people are arguing things on different spectrum.   

i totally get where you're coming from, but you try coming out of a long sleep and being ready for battle immediately. 

The tenno seem to have no problem coming out of cryo sleep and immediately slaughtering hordes of grineer troops so why does it take 3 hours to wake up a kubrow.

This is just F2P bollocks, along with rush time, revives and slots.  Don't question the logic of it, question the business model.  Don't try to use real life "physics" or logic to explain it, we shouldn't be the ones defending DE's business practices.  This isn't some game mechanics to "care" for your virtual pet.  These are methods that forces you to literally take care of them.  Not the same as caring for, because this is just a guise for micro-transactions.  

If you don't like the freeze time and think you have a valid point, make a constructive thread about either the business model or the mechanic, not both.  Otherwise we have this thread where people are arguing things on different spectrum.   

It's the same reason people think the micro-transactions in Need For Speed - No Limits is just stupid.

"You have to pay for petrol in real life it makes sense that you have to use real money to pay for petrol in video games too!" - Said no one ever.

Good points were made in this thread. I agree the stasis recovery system is just unnecesary and annoying. This should be in the feedback category. From what I understood DE doesn't often read threads in the GD but they do in feedback.

Replying to the underlined sentences -

1. If the sinks are never removed,players won't bother to play with Kubrows,which essentially means DE's hard work is wasted. It's as simple as that.

2. If sentinels get 5 hours re-building time,people will stop using Sentinels as well. This again means DE's hard work is wasted. Moreover,in this case,DE will lose out on quite an amount of platinum sales since I alone have purchased Sentinels cosmetics worth of 200platinum. Sum it up for millions of players and see how much DE loses platinum sales.

On a general note,F2P doesn't essentially mean that we have to have an unnecessary and annoying mechanism which does little benefit to the company.

I am pretty sure that DE will profit way more from Kubrow Cosmetics(if they release those) than they are doing from Stasis Recovery.

Bad Game design is bad. No matter how much you call us cry-balls,if doesn't change that fact.

Edited by NN13

If they are actually making plat on stasis recovery (which, again seems really unlikely) then it will stay as an annoying, but "legit", way to move platinum.  End of story, move on to next complaint.

But, either way, I suspect that  NN13 is right.  They would make more plat with a cosmetic carrot than with a time delayed stick.

For example, 200p for Kubrow Armor vs  Never-going-to-get-1p from me to speed up recovery...ever.