Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Saryn Dillema - Stretch Or Overextended?

MauVasconcellos

Question

So I have a Miasma Saryn.

Short duration, long range and blablabla... ok.

I was on Youtube debating the option of choosing either "Stretch" mod (+ Power Range) or "Overextended" mod (increases Power Range while reducing Power Strength ), to help her out.

I tend to stick with Stretch, because it gives you a wider range for your Miasma, while Overextended will do the same, BUT it will also negate some of your strenght... which I myself consider it a red flag. 

I would like opinions from veteran Saryn players about this, and also your preferred Miasma build details, so we can all share useful information here.

Thank you.

14 answers to this question

Mind sharing your other mods?

Usually people put both.

Mr 12 here. Almost 2 years into the game and I'm currently building Saryn. I'm thinking of using both mods because it will kill most of the enemies anyway or at least do lots of damage. Also the range gives more utility so I say both.

Disclaimer: what's following is totally my very own opinion, specifically designed to fit _my_ playing-style...

That said: Overextended! (plus Stretch)

my Saryn: http://goo.gl/TLYoEy

4400 corrosive damage at 35m range at 40p power cost...

IMHO strength is not as as important as range... just spam the 4 :-)

Edited by hoeskioeh

Saryn_Miasma_built.jpg

I have no problem with both Stretch and Overextended. Strength is high enough to handle (e.g.) Round 8

Draco quite easily. It's a max efficiency - range/strength build. If it doesn't die in the first place, use another Miasma.

The animation is so fast...

Both if it kills stuff anyways. Just Stretch for higher level content where enemies will live through the nuke.

Edit: Above (Cryp2Nite's build) is exactly what I use for most content, with CP aura for Grineer and Void. Redirection vs. Vitality is personal preference based around using health restores / weapons or not. Molt augment isn't a terrible choice in place of OE for higher level content although I prefer running both Vital and Redirection and using Life Strike as needed.

OE for Venom builds, as the proc is more valuable than the damage.

Edit2: NVM, forgot Venom spread was changed to not be influenced by range. Narrow Minded works for Venom builds then.

Edit3: Always run with 75% efficiency. Miasma can simply be cast multiple times if something lives - no reason to use Blind Rage higher than Rank 2. 

Edited by Darzk

Disclaimer: what's following is totally my very own opinion, specifically designed to fit _my_ playing-style...

That said: Overextended! (plus Stretch)

my Saryn: http://goo.gl/TLYoEy

4400 corrosive damage at 35m range at 40p power cost...

IMHO strength is not as as important as range... just spam the 4 :-)

SARCASM ALERT!

40P PER CAST? Wow, that's what I call a platinum sink.

TBH if you want a large range AOE spam, might as well just use Excal. 

This. Excal is currently the king of huge range nuking. Saryn has a smaller and dealier AOE.

If you build her for movement (arcane Hemlock) with a spammable Miasma, you can get more done by running and nuking. In fact, this is way more effective at running invasions and alerts very quickly than running with Overextended where you might have to use that nuke twice to kill the same bad guys.

Ideal spam setup for Miasma does 9875 Corrosive damage without OE, and 7080 Corrosive damage with OE.

7k is still a hell of a lot of kick - if it's going to kill regardless it's better to have the extra range. The only time not using OE is better is when enemy health pools are between 7 and 9.8k health, which is probably a level range of around 12 levels... so most of the time OE is going to work best.

Another way to think of it - Stretch is better than OE only at higher levels when multiple Miasmas are required to kill.

Enemy health between:

(1st Cast)

0 and 7k, OE best

7-9.8k, Stretch best 

(2nd Cast)

9.8k-14k, OE

14-19.7k, Stretch 

... total of 12.2k OE, 8.5k Stretch (OE is better)

(3rd Cast)

19.7-21k, OE

21-29.6k, Stretch

... Total of 14.5k for OE and 17.1k Stretch (Stretch is better)

So we can safely state that when it starts taking ~3 casts to kill, dropping OE becomes the wisest choice. Until then, might as well have the bonus range.

Edited by Darzk