Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Grineer Unit - Grineer Brute

DarkRuler2500

I was thinking of a new unit considering the Grineer Warfare.

Grineer are pretty well armored regarding the gunners or rocket launchers but the melee fighters who need protection most are only lightly armored.

I would like to introduce the Grineer Brute as a heavy melee called the "Brute".

grineer3s2qcs.png

Ah, someone figured out, how i came to this idea. :D

"Why for god's sake should Kril be the only heavy melee fighter of all Grineer?", was i thinking: :D

I agree. And using the Jat Kittag would make for an awesome sight to behold.

Took me a second to realize why the text seemed so different.
I like the idea, neat stats and all.

Just no ragdolling...it'll get old and very frustrating.

Also sidenote: Please post concepts into the fan concepts section of the forums

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I like the concept, though where going to need more system ways to resist knockdown. Otherwise this unit needs to show up on only a few maps so players can install knockdown mitigating mods in advance. I say this because it seems like this unit will be 10x more annoying with the knockdowns than regular heavies.

+1 to this idea.

It's time our enemies actually started using more of the weapons they create.

There they are!

Corpus weapons don't really count as they produce and sell weapons so I'll list unused Grineer weaponry instead

-Buzlok

-Grinlok

-Drakgoon

-Kohm

-Acrid

-Marelok

-Stug

-Nukor

-Brakk

And the Jat Kittag.

Edited by Keybopsef

I think its an awesome idea.

I like the concept, though where going to need more system ways to resist knockdown. Otherwise this unit needs to show up on only a few maps so players can install knockdown mitigating mods in advance. I say this because it seems like this unit will be 10x more annoying with the knockdowns than regular heavies.

We have rolls and parry for a reason (although parry needs a rework in terms of stamina)

Corrosive Damage is good against small fry grineer with lower quality armor.

Radiation is good against the higher quality armor, so it's good that way, because that way u really have to diversify your equipment.

I think that's a good thing, isn't it?

I'm more angry at the thematic use of Corrosive damage in this game. Light units should have alloy plate, heavies should use ferrite. Corrosive damage widdles down armor. We don't need to widdle down a light unit, they die in a few shots anyway.

Well refined metal is highly resistant against all kind of corrosive effects.

So it's only natural that only lower quality armor is affected badly by it.

If an enemy is equipped with such a high quality armor u radiation just makes sense because radiation penetrates everything, no matter how high armor might be.

If an enemy is equipped with such a high quality armor u radiation just makes sense because radiation penetrates everything, no matter how high armor might be.

Fire and Electricity would get bonuses, then. Gas and Viral would ignore armor as well. At some point you have to deviate from reality to make a video game.

Edited by Archistopheles