Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Stealth Nerf

AureusVulpes

Limbo is no longer capable of banishing the capture target. I used to use this to capture targets quickly and easily (read: using my abilities intelligently)

I would like to know the reasoning behind this change. As far as I can tell there's no logical reasoning other than to make this mission type more annoying. It's not like Limbo is an easily obtained warframe anyway, requiring a considerable amount of effort in Archwing as well as regular warframe play.

EDIT: Another thing, riftwalking/banishwalking through Grineer energy drain barriers now drains your energy as well. Even though you're not on the world plane. Cause you know. Logic. Next thing you know, we'll be taking Bombard and Napalm explosion damage too.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Is this true? I've been speed rushing captures with limbo. If this happens, then limbo just lost one of its true purposes. He's supposed to be a great rush frame, why the hell can't we banish cap targets if they are even affected by mags pull?

Edited by ShadesZer0

i don't really play limbo much but i have to ask how would banishing the target(s) make it faster to capture them?

-cast riftwalk

-ignore all mobs

-find capture target

-banish capture target

-annihilate capture target

-capture capture target

-repeat.

No logical reason? Ever try a pub game? Some people was using limbo to banish the target without killing it, making the other player unable to kill him and mission fail.

No, actually. I don't play in public games because people are [REDACTED], and I save myself the trouble.

Also, we've been over this before on the forums, but ill say it again anyway. If we're going to modify abilities that troll other players, lets make switch teleport not move players, trinity well of life do nothing because people use ti to stall bossfights for the lulz, remove frost snowglobe and volt shield because of people spamming them in rooms to make it difficult to kill anything, etc etc etc.

See how changing things only hurts teamplay because of trolls in pubs? Fantastic.

Edited by AureusVulpes

-cast riftwalk

-ignore all mobs

-find capture target

-banish capture target

-annihilate capture target

-capture capture target

-repeat.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh... i'm not really seeing that as an advantage over frequent trolling it would allow. works for solo play i guess, but this isn't meant to be a purely solo game.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh... i'm not really seeing that as an advantage over frequent trolling it would allow. works for solo play i guess, but this isn't meant to be a purely solo game.

No, it isn't a purely solo game, however it is supposed to be a "choice of play" type game (given the diversity of frames we have) and having my choice of play get removed because of a few..... less than courteous players, is rather insulting.

No, it isn't a purely solo game, however it is supposed to be a "choice of play" type game (given the diversity of frames we have) and having my choice of play get removed because of a few..... less than courteous players, is rather insulting.

This is precisely my feelings on the p42w playstyle as well.

There was no info about this on the update notes... I'll just assume that's a bug then... I realized it only when I was in front of the capture target... powerless, since Limbo can't hold against it - not enough Health. 

If it's a nerf, I'd like a longer advance notice before dying next time DE Thank you. I'm now officialy useless against cature targets... even in team.

Edited by lukaself

>Rift Walk up to capture target

>Take aim/nock an arrow

>Remove rift walk and instakill capture target

>Reapply rift walk

Do you even limbo?

Exactly how I used to use Limbo, but now for high level capture Limbo=Usless.

However, as people have said before it's almost impossible to stop trolling of all kinds. DE I guess is trying to remove the most annoying exploits it can, but I suppose they won't please everyone. It's unfortunate, but with a game that has so many players, we will all run across trolls from time to time.

1. The mobile defence where 1 person speeds (lok, limbo, rhino with rush etc..) to the terminal, inserts datamass, then lets terminal die...mission fail

2. Loki switch teleports datamass to location where other players can't get it...mission fail

3. Vaubans bouncing you off an exit platform as the timer finishes so you don't get reward, or placing bounce on route to exit platform

4. valkyrs riplining you in similar way

5. Switch teleporting you into a heap of trouble

6.Player refusing to insert the datamass

7. Players rushing to the capture target with the intention of deliberately letting them escape (no need for Limbos banish to do this).

etc.. etc.. etc.., there are plenty more...simple solutions are shown below, as well an an exceptionally simple solution to the Limbo problem posted. unfortunately DE will never read this to implement any changes.

1. If a player rushes ahead and inserts datamass, a 60s timer begins to mobile defence starting, when any other member of team arrives and presses F, countdown is aborted and mobile defence begins immediately.

2. The datamass should always return to the "main" user accessible plane (as near as possible to where it was left)  after a set time period (e.g. 1m) elapses

3 and 4. As a rule, I would like to see most powers that can move players not work in exit area (in the same way Lokis switch teleport no longer works on someone in exit area. These powers should be ripline, and bounce as well as switch teleport.

5. Make you share any damage received for a 6s quantum entanglement period

6. Duuno not sure...but I would suggest that datamass holder has reduced shields (e.g. like cold conditions) and alarm withinin datamass attracts enemies after a set period from mission starting...would certainly make them stay with team.

7. that's life nothing you can do

As for Limbo and the capture target, the solution is simple as anything.....instead of making Limbo unable to banish the capture target, which is the wrong solution. Put it back the way it was before...BUT, for a Capture target allow other members of the team to shoot and capture it as Normal, even though as far as Limbo player is concerned...it's banished (and all his effects on it work as normal).......problem solved

3. Vaubans bouncing you off an exit platform as the timer finishes so you don't get reward, or placing bounce on route to exit platform

Being at the exit point when timer completes has NOTHING to do with your rewards.

I sometimes wonder if the people who post things in the forums are even playing the same game.

+1 OP since I did not say it before. Stealth changes should NEVER be made under any circumstances. Absolute transparency is necessary to ensure we never feel any kind of  negative feelings regarding the integrity of DE. Many times in the past we have seen undocumented changes that cause varying amounts of distrust to form between the developers and ourselves. If this is a change that was intentional this is just one more occasion that causes this distrust.

Edited by geninrising

Being at the exit point when timer completes has NOTHING to do with your rewards.

I sometimes wonder if the people who post things in the forums are even playing the same game.

I have been out of the game for just over a a year and only came back a month ago, so I did not realise they had changed it (because it used to affect your rewards), so thanks for that. I must admit I had not checked it out since my return. I am playing the same game as you, but had not updated myself on this single point.

However it doesn't make the solution to the Limbo capture problem invalid (or some of the other trolling activities) and of course I agree stealth nerfs should not happen.

Even the stay or exit screen should be improved so that people can't hop out at the last second....which is fairly easy for DE to do.