The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm And The 10K Dps Loss

geninrising

With the recent patch to the Kohm this weapon lost over 10k dps.

What was not taken into account is the 10 rounds per shot (due to Hell's Chamber) we lost at full spool and I think this is where the mistake was made.

Please give us back the 5 rounds removed and simply keep the reduced particles. 

Please also revert the damage buff from this patch and let us see if the removal of the particles will be enough.

Aside from the overall damage lost what many players considered a strong suit of this weapon was in it's spread which is now completely ineffective.

Edited by geninrising

Each update Kohm distances itself further and further what I originally loved about it. The automated flak cannon of doom. With the cool-as-hek looking spraying all over the place.

Now you can barely tell the difference between the initial and the "charged up" shots, and the visual feedback of the bullets are also super-lackluster.

Kohm, what have they done to you? :(

The biggest loss here is that Kohm used to behave way differently depending on how you modded.  You could opt for a minimum spread, low fire rate build to make it a Torid-style concentrated death-lobber (with some AOE) or you could focus on a high fire rate for crazy spray, or you could have a balance between them.  The changes have nerfed it and normalized it, taking fun and replay value out of the weapon while making it weaker than some of the top tier options (THE BEST BUILD) that have no drawbacks to check their absurd power levels.  

Each update Kohm distances itself further and further what I originally loved about it. The automated flak cannon of doom. With the cool-as-hek looking spraying all over the place.

Now you can barely tell the difference between the initial and the "charged up" shots, and the visual feedback of the bullets are also super-lackluster.

Kohm, what have they done to you? :(

LOL.

Kohm would respond... "They make me into Mohm." :(

Mohm = Mili-ohm)

When I saw 15.13 notes: "Dammit DE. Leave my Kohm alone D: Well, here goes a drop in DPS..."

*Sees how MUCH it drops*

And they said that it would have 'Similar' damage output.

On the bright side, it still has more DPS than the Synoid.

The MK3 Kohm, the previous one to 15.13 was better in all ways. This update made it not actually do as it is advertised.'For every shot fired in succession, the Kohm releases an extra bolt.' Up to 5 that is...

I also feel that they completely Nurf this gun instead of just changing the visuals to increase frame rate.  before it could cover up to a wide area even at a range, and with its 42%ish with radiation and toxic damage it would work as a tool to make groups of enemies radiated, now, the range i can be in is nearly cut in half due to this change.  cutting the Firerate as well from the nearly 3.6 (cant remember its last amount) to the sad 2.7 also reduced its effectiveness to this weapon when turning (having to move slower for the the intended effect) the spread and pellet count now leaves areas un-touch in its coverage.  you turned this weapon from its birdshot like load that could make your enemies shoot their friends that made it amazing to a very sad .410 load that is completely limited in range like the actual load in real life that is slow and not with the fast pace game which its in.

Which has changed this gun and couldn't be further from the org concept of its release.  from the bullet hose to the water sprayer on your sink that you use to prank friends with rubber bands.  i have 4x forma'd and patato'd this weapon to run T4s in a way that allow to survive more but now is broken.  why DE, why did it needed to be nurf'd this way? you may have "up'd the damage to compensate" but did you really "compensate" for its utility that is sadly missing from the gun and the game's other guns?  not to mention, the gun does not always shot 5 pellets every shot from my observation.