Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Baking With Lotus Contest

[DE]Megan

1) Please stop quoting the massive images of entrants

2) Surprised no one's made puppy chow and called it Kubrow Treats

3) Equally surprised no one has made a cake look like a resource drop

4) Uber surprised that no one has made White/Red/Blue/Gray candies for Affinity/Health/Energy/Nav Coord drops

Jlt4jHE.jpg?1
HIJyCdL.jpg?1
kcYSUTA.jpg?1

Recipe.
3 eggs
Sugar 1 glass 150g
Soured cream 150 g
Condensed milk 1 teaspoon
Вaking powder
Cocoa 2 tablespoons
Flour 150 g
Butter 200g
Condensed milk 200g

For ornament.
1.Marzipan.
2.Мastic
3.Fondant

Сream
Mix condensed milk and creamy a little that homogeneous mass would turn out. Cool a little in the refrigerator. You can use.

Вiscuit
In the beginning it is necessary to mix eggs with sugar. Then gradually to add sour cream and a baking powder. Properly to mix everything. Then to add cocoa and flour. To mix everything the mixer.
To pour out ready weight in the prepared form and to put at an oven to readiness. To get a ready biscuit, to cut on some parts and to allow to cool down. Then to grease all with cream and from above to apply mastic and again to allow to stiffen. (it is possible to impregnate a biscuit with liqueur)
It is possible to give to a table. 
Bon appetit.

!!!!!!!!!!Unfortunately I not really well write in English. On it I write the original recipe in my language below!!!!!!!!!!!

Рецепт.

Тесто.
3 яйца. 
Сахар 150г.
Сметана 150г
Сгущенка 1 чайная ложка
Разрыхлитель 1 пакетик.
Какао 2 столовые ложки.
Мука 150г.

Крем.
Масло сливочное 200г.
Сгущенка 1 пачка.

Яйца и сахар хорошенько взбить миксером до воздушной пены. После чего,добавить сметану и сгущеное молоко. Снова перемешать. после добавить разрыхлитель(можно так же чайную ложку соды гашеную уксусом).Продолжать взбивать и постепенно добавлять муку. После окончания процесса смазать подготовленную форму маслом и залив массу в нее отправить в духовку. 
Как только бисквит будет готов вынимаем его и даем остыть. После чего ражем на несколько частей и смазываем кремом. (можно пропитать каким то ликером для вкуса) После того как пропитаете и смажете торт украшаем его мастикой и марцепаном. 

Крем делается заранее. Взбивается масло и сгущеное молоко для однородной массы. Отправляем в холодильник что бы немного охладить.

Вот и все. Приятного Аппетита!

Ladies & Gentlemans, 
Developers & Tennos,
Here I present you, the Lotus Tiramisù!
q323Ajx.jpg

Since I'm Italian, I wanted to show you something that has been created here and that I'm really good at making, the Tiramisù (Which, literally translated, means PullMeUp, don't ask me why.)

Anyway here's the recipe:

Ingredients: 
500gr Mascarpone cheese (approx. 1 lb.) 
6 eggs 
2 packages savoiardi lady fingers 
3 Tablespoons sugar 
2 shots (2 oz) Cognac or Brandy 
8 espresso sized cups of coffee (about 14 oz) 
4 Tablespoons powdered unsweetened cocoa. 

Preliminary Steps: 
Bring all ingredients to room temperature. 
Make the espresso and poor it into shallow flat-bottomed bowl. Add one shot of cognac, one teaspoon cocoa, and allow to cool to room temperature. 

If at this point you've decided to use coffee instead of espresso, take the coffee you've made and drink it. Then make espresso. 

Separate egg yolks and whites. 

Mixing: 
In the first mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy white. Add mascarpone and 1 shot of cognac and mix until blended. Leave this mixture in the bowl. 
In the second mixing bowl, beat eggs whites until fluffy. If you use pasteurized eggs, this may take a while. 

Fold beaten egg whites into mascarpone mixture. Mix only enough to blend. Over mixing will deflate the egg whites. 

Quickly dip a savoiardi in the espresso bowl. To get the right amount of espresso on the savoiardi, lay the finger flat in the bottom of the bowl sugared side UP and immediately pull it out. Place each finger flat in the bottom of the pan sugar side DOWN. The savoiardi will quickly absorb the espresso. If you soak the savoiardi in the espresso you will end up with soggy savoiardi instead of moist savoiardi. 

Assembly: 
Build a layer of dipped savoiardi across the bottom of the pan. If some of the savoiardi do not look 'dark' from the espresso, spoon a few more drops of espresso on the savoiardi. Any espresso left in the bottom of the pan will be absorbed by the savoiardi. Too much espresso will turn the fingers into a soggy mess. 
Spoon a layer of egg/mascarpone mixture across the layer of savoiardi. Use about 1/2 of the mascarpone mix. The layer should be about 1cm. (3/8in.) thick. 

Dip another layer of savoiardi and lay them on the mascarpone mix. Layer them as before, sugar side down. Drip espresso on the savoiardi that don't look dark from the coffee. 

Spoon a second layer of egg/mascarpone mixture across the second layer of savoiardi. Use the remaining mascarpone mix. The layer should be about 1cm. (3/8in.) thick. 

Sift cocoa on top of the second mascarpone layer. Scoop a tablespoon of cocoa into a small sieve. Hold the sieve over the tiramisu and tap the sieve on the side with your finger. The cocoa should sprinkle down in an even layer. Use this technique to cover the tiramisu with a very thin layer of cocoa. 

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. The Tiramisu will taste quite good for several days if refrigerated. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I made the lotus symbol? Pretty easy.

Just print the Lotus Symbol, cut it and put it upon the Tiramisù before dropping the cocoa on it.

r6N61CH.jpg

Enjoy the Italian style! ;)

Good luck Tennomates, I did my best!

NpaTGYH.jpg

Sakızlı (Warframe) Muhallebi

3,5 Bardak Süt

1 Paket Sakızlı Muhallebi

1 Yemek Kaşığı Margarin

1 Paket Kakako

Yapımı

1. Adım:Süt ile Sakızlı Muhallebiyi Karıştırıyoruz

2.Adım:Kısık Ateşte Karıştırarak Pişiriyoruz

3.Adım:Fokurdamaya başlayınca 1 Kaşık Margarini içine ekleyip karıştırarak Kısık ateşte 1-2 dakika daha pişiriyoruz.

Ve kaselere döküp istediğimiz şekilde süs veriyoruz. Ve serfise sunuyoruz

Soooooo...

Hey. ~ 

Well.. Uhm.. I got bored. Nah but seriously. It took me the whole day to make a Boltor Prime and it acctually is a legit Cookie. 

A HUGE cookie. I left the pencil next to it on the photos so you could see how big it acctually is. 

Sz74GMN.jpg

Recipe:

200g Butter

100g poudered sugar

300g Flour.

It's a fairly basic cookie recipe. Just mix it all and punch it a few times untill its acctually

a mass. 

For the covering I used plain white fondant. I know cookie and fondant might not be everyones favourite

but I certainly like it. 

The coloring was... well. painted. With food coloring. I used black and just

mixed it with water to get diffrent grey shades. 

The gold was edible golden paint.

I know if might sound weak to hear I just painted it on but cutting the fondant and the dough AND

recutting it once it had the fondant on (which I just glued to the cookie with some jam) AND

acctually bringing up the artistic skills to paint it, is a lot of work. 

More pictures:

c20c0ca4b6.jpg

Well here you can see that I acctually had to bake 2 seperate cookies and put the together because

it wouldn't fit into my oven as a whole.

daf9b1d606.jpg

Yeah I got lazy with the blue paint. It should represent the energy but I was too lazy and

unpatient to do it properly.

cbb6325f9c.jpg

Weeeeeeeeelll.... I hope you like it c:

EDIT: Added my Name to the picture as I forgot.. I am sorry. 

Edited by CatlinGun

CRISPY CATALYSTS By AHR631 (PC TENNO)

iM0oWJk.jpg

IBRXo66.jpg?1

oOUa8VL.jpg

Krispy cells

3 tbsp (42g) butter

4 cups (180g) mini-marshmallows

6 cups (158g) Rice Krispies

Over low, low heat, melt the butter in a pot

Once it's melted, add the marshmallows

Still with low heat, stir the marshmallows until thoroughly melted and cook another minute

Turn off heat

Stir in cereal

Transfer to buttered pan

Cover with wax paper and press down  

Let cool for 20 minutes and you can then shape the blocks into cells.

UBU00Pj.jpg

Catylsts outer shell

1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons shortening

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract

14 ounces confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioners' sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.

To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can. Drape over Krispy shells.

after wraping Krispy cells with its shell, they can be decorated with icing or edible sprays/coloring.

Seems you've outclassed my Reactor from page 4. Nicely done, seems like it would taste a lot better than mine in it's current state.

Corpus White Chocolate and Raspberry "Profit-eroles" (Sorry,couldn`t help myself!!)

z69r1Dv.jpg

Here we can see that Excalibur has been a very busy Tenno....slicing off Grineer heads to fulfill a very special culinary order for the Corpus board.Maybe the skulls will be crushed and all the greedy milk extracted?

Anyways,here is what you need and how to make it:

150g plain flour,

1 teaspoon each sugar and salt,

100g unsalted butter,

250 ml cold water 

4 eggs,

150g white cooking chocolate,

300ml double cream,

200g frozen raspberries

2 tbsp icing sugar

(You can buy these pastry balls premade if you be feeling lazy,but i made these ones....)

Cooked choux pastry is light, crisp and airy, which is achieved when its large water content turns to steam in a hot oven. It’s a simple case of beating the mixture to a smooth paste, then piping or shaping and baking. Once cooked, it’s important to prick the base of each one to release the steam that has helped it to rise. If left to go cold unpunctured, the steam turns back to water resulting in soft or soggy buns....(you don`t want soggy buns!)

1.Sieve the flour, sugar and salt onto greaseproof paper. Put the butter and 250ml cold water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then quickly slide the flour mixture off the paper and into the pan (this technique is called shooting). Stir well.

2.Remove the saucepan from the heat. Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture off the heat until it forms a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the pan. This should take just a few minutes.

3.Beat the eggs together in a bowl. Still off the heat, beat the eggs into the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. At first, the egg will seem like it doesn’t want to amalgamate, but keep beating and it will mix in smoothly.

4. You may find it easier to hold the pan in one hand and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon in the other. Keep beating until all the egg mixture is used up and you have a paste that is thick and shiny. The mixture should drop off the spoon when tapped lightly on the side of the pan.

5. Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray. For little buns, spoon the mixture into a large piping bag fitted with a plain 1cm nozzle and pipe small mounds on the tray

6. Bake at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 (for éclairs or mini buns, cook for 20-25 minutes; for buns cook for 30-35 minutes) until golden brown. Remove from the oven and make a small hole in the underside of each bun to release any steam. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.

7. Defrost the raspberries and mix with the icing sugar,then press through a sieve.

8.Beat the double cream until stiff,then fold in the raspberry mixture and combine

9.Pipe/spoon the cream into the profiteroles (when they are cool)

10.Melt the chocolate very carefully (can be microwaved in small bursts) and dip the profiteroles in and stack them up and serve.

I added in a few extra tweaks :

Green/blue food colouring for the white chocolate grineer helmets,
Red food colouring and some of the raspberry mush for the blood,guts and gore
Xcal statue for added visual effect.
Corpus writing on the bottom......(yes,it really does spell "profiterole" in the Corpus alphabet!!)
Icing pens (black/yellow) for the face/eyes

Corpus White Chocolate and Raspberry "Profit-eroles" (Sorry,couldn`t help myself!!)

z69r1Dv.jpg

Here we can see that Excalibur has been a very busy Tenno....slicing off Grineer heads to fulfill a very special culinary order for the Corpus board.Maybe the skulls will be crushed and all the greedy milk extracted?

a45.png

Awesome entry, very death metal presentation gets a horns up! \m/

Mustached Forma-Cake (without food colors)

1NNMSbF.jpg

as1PEJX.jpg

tXOFhB6.jpg

Recipe:

Disclaimer: European measure units. Have fun calculating :)

Ingredients for dough:
250g butter
250g sugar
4 eggs
200g flour
75g cornstarch
1TS baking powder
200g ground hazelnuts

Ingredients for decoration:
apricot jelly (or any other orange-colored jelly)
a few spoons powdered sugar
little bit of water (or lemon juice)
lots of marzipan
a few blueberries (deep-frozen)

not really an ingredient:

pen, paper & scissor

Make the cake:
Mix butter and sugar, then add eggs one by one. In another bowl mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and hazelnuts.
Slowly let the mixture slide into the first bowl and mix until its a fine dough.
Put dough into baking pan, bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes (or until good). Let it cool.
I used a round pan, but if you have a rectangular in the right size you can use that too.

Now the fun part (aka decorating) starts:
While the cake cools, prepare a piece of paper in shape of a forma (have fun drawing!).
Hold the paper often above the cake to get a feeling for the right size.
I made a larger shape than the actual cake, because you can use the "round things" cut out at the top and button and "glue" them to the sides to get a bigger cake.
Because my cake is round that was the best way to get a big forma (not so much leftovers).
When the cake has cooled, take it out of the pan, put the forma-shaped paper on it and cut the cake with a knife! Have fun and be careful at the slim parts so the cake won't break.
Eventually glue the round things cut out at the top and bottom with apricot jelly to the sides (see pictures of making process for reference).
Now the cake has the right shape and you can start making it shine golden like a real forma.
Before putting the marzipan on it, the apricot jelly has its big time. Put some jelly in a small bowl and stir until its smooth (that's important!).
Then coat the whole cake with it (I just used a teaspoon for that).
Roll out the marzipan until flat and coat the whole cake with it.
My technique for that: Put the forma-shaped paper on marzipan and cut a forma-shaped piece of marzipan. Put that on top of the cake. Then cut out lots of rectangles and cover the sides of the cake. Then smooth edges by hand. This step is best done by a 3d artist. They know the UV unwrapping stuff.
Next are silver sparkles of the forma. Mix a teaspoon of water or lemon juice with lots of powdered sugar and stir until viscous.
Then decorate the cake with it like on the pictures (the four rectangles on top, dots in each corner and the stripe on the sides). I made some paper patterns to ensure sharp edges (for example: make a rectangular hole in a paper, put on cake, fill the hole, remove pattern).
Last but not least put some blueberries on top where the blue shiny stuff on a forma is.
Optional: Grab some berries and make a moustache!
Eat before berries bleed out.

Pictures from making process:

Dough in pan:

qhnulNp.jpg

Baked cake:

dxAFrKE.jpg

Adjusting the shape:

0fWe2XJ.jpg

Cake has the right shape now (notice the glued parts):

H3reniD.jpg

Finally covered with marzipan (took a while...)

jJTSRjz.jpg

Decorate leftover cake with leftover marzipan? Why not!

lFn65C8.jpg

Recipe:

The remainder of water in the kettle.

An undetermined amount of flour.

Exactly half a blob of butter.

Three eggs.

Whipped cream.

(any generic choux pastry recipe will do, but I had no way of measuring my ingredients... It still worked, probably because I'm a culinary genius that  doesn't need no measurements :P)

Step 1: Make pastry.

2mnrsm1.jpg

Step 2: Add some oddly shaped caramel shards (Boil sugar + water + butter.)

s6ujk3.jpg

Step 3: Sprinkle with Technocyte dust for flavour

Step 4: Set it loose (make a sh*tty photoshop attempt which I wasn't supposed to do...).

jiiefr.jpg

Edited by Grander.Alderman