Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Don't Rage] About Not-So-Useful Primed Mods

ZirilanOfTheClaw

Well, all you can see in the foruns during the time the Void Trader are on is people asking for more ways to get cores to max the Primed Mods, or people using sarcasm to say that the mods are useless. I'm not saying "hey, all the mods are very good", we all know what are good for our game or not. While I liked the Primed Ammo Mutation, some people dislike it, others hate it, and other don't care. It's variety of minds after all.

So, one thing that maybe ( I say maybe) people are getting wrong about these mods are:

- they NEED to be maxed, or don't even start to fusion it.

- use Rare 5 Fusion Cores or nothing.

- they need to be useful for everyone

Well, even just at rank 6 all the Primed mods are better than the normal counterpart, right? I mean, 35% power duration are better than 30%, right? More ranks on ammo mutation means less ammo from the ground you need to convert, right? So, it will fill your ammo faster I think (I have terrible problems with faster akimbos ammo, sorry). You don't need to max the mod to use it.

Ok, I know that the best way to level a mod is with R5, but (just for example) how the old players maxed the rank 10 rare mods before all that R5 festival? Right now, you can get tons of it from one mission, but I remember when a R5 were something like "OHOOOO RARE 5 HERE GUYS, TAKE IT", and today looks like "more 5x R5. yey". I maxed my Narrow Minded/Blind Rage with any mod that I could use on them. Thanks Tail Wind and Slash Dash for this help, really, you guys are awesome.

So, about that last bold-italic line, do you guys really think that DE would release all these Legendary mods to casual/new players max then? Really? Maybe, I dunno, I'm not part of DE after all, but what I think is that this mods are more... "collection itens"... than mods to power up builds. I'm not saying that new/casual players don't need/deserve to have all the Primed mods maxed, but it's just insane to have it for that kind of player, even for some veterans I think. As a collector, I take all the mods from Trader just to look at then and see my collection more rich with all that Legendary mods. I just leveled the Primed Flow, Heavy Trauma, Continuity and will level the Reach for my Jat Kittag.

Whut, I was just writting and don't sse the walltext, sorry guys, it's nothing important after all, just the opinion of a player about some stuff (don't really know if its General Discussion...).

Reach is only usefull when you use auto lock for melee. Tell me when are you going to use a ammo mutation for gun when the normal one are not a sink hole for core and credit and they already do a excellent job.

About the Ammo Mutation, it's personnal issue. I wast tons of ammo with Akstiletto/Akzani to even the 5/5 Mutation help me D: I'm not the type of guy that use that kind of Ak after all.

Reach is only usefull when you use auto lock for melee. Tell me when are you going to use a ammo mutation for gun when the normal one are not a sink hole for core and credit and they already do a excellent job.

Reach is also useful for AoE melee attacks and for reaching containers behind walls.

And as to ammo mutation, when you've got plenty of credits and things to level mods with (which is more than cores), and a pistol that really chews up ammo?  Or maybe you just want to be a unique snow flower and have it maxed when next to no one else does.

Will carry this on every Grineer mission to help hack.... oh wait

Intruder really should do something for the Grineer ones, like slow down the spinning (though that would make the easiest ones take longer) or gobbling up a set number of unlocks (so you could click one you've already clicked without undoing it).

- they NEED to be maxed, or don't even start to fusion it.

- use Rare 5 Fusion Cores or nothing.

- they need to be useful for everyone

Nope. As you've said, rank six is better than a rank five. However, these are mods with such a limited use and such a low use for high cost, that they're just a little insulting to be honest. Primed mods, to get to a fairly high rank, take a lot of time and effort - that's fine. With ones such as flow and continuity, they have been very worthwhile. Some of these... less desirable ones just aren't worth the effort. Sure, primed pistol ammo mutation will be better than the original, but which weapons are going to benefit from it? How many of those can go late enough for someone who can afford to use this mod to find worth using in their pursuits? I'm struggling to think of one. Besides, let's look at pistol mods - some set ups already require stupid amounts of polarities. I think some might actually need seven or eight now, if primed mutation is used.

In short, they pay off for the time and effort is far too low compared to other mods. Some of these shouldn't have been released as legendary rarity or as rank tens, others (such as ammo mutation) should've just been direct buffs to the original mod in the first place. I'm fine with putting in time and effort to achieve a long term goal; however the reward should be worth it.