Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp

RoboDoge

Warframe started as Main PvE, with PvP as something extra.

This is neither true, nor relevant. Warframe started without PvP. That was over 2 years ago.

PvP is the future of Warframe. That is a fact. Watch Devstream #46, you'll see that a lean WIP PvP has more potential than a fully fledged PvE game.

Nobody's saying they shouldn't be separate worlds mind you, you can keep to your grindwall all you want.

I'm probably not going to play it much for a few reasons.

1. Ability spammers. (Rebecca, you got owned, no offence.)

2. People will simply use the best mods PvP allows, or else they will be gimped. That also means basically no variety, which is boring. 

3. People will spam jump-kicks to knock people down and land finishers.

4. Some Frames have significant advantages over others, and some can abuse the nature of CTF greatly.

5. It's still going to be laggy as hell. 

There's more reasons as to why PvP in a PvE-oriented game is unattractive, but those suffice, for now.

Usually not a fan of ANY pvp systems and I have played with a ton... (I was always the guy that could beat any arcade game solo but against people I just blew it)...But I want to at least try this...and while that might not seem like praise to some,consider that I despise pvp and even dueling in dojos so much that I did them once and never again...

This looks like something I can do and have fun with now...at least sometimes. (still won't be spending any length of time with it as I usually solo pve)

Of course I'll have to wait and see how they do when it drops in...Not the first time I thought I'd like a system to have it fail and blow up in my face...

I'm probably not going to play it much for a few reasons.

1. Ability spammers. (Rebecca, you got owned, no offence.)

2. People will simply use the best mods PvP allows, or else they will be gimped. That also means basically no variety, which is boring. 

3. People will spam jump-kicks to knock people down and land finishers.

4. Some Frames have significant advantages over others, and some can abuse the nature of CTF greatly.

5. It's still going to be laggy as hell. 

There's more reasons as to why PvP in a PvE-oriented game is unattractive, but those suffice, for now.

1. Sheldon was using a dev cheat for infinite energy. lol.

2. There wont be any best mods, they will release weapons and frames to public play once theyre balanced.

3. Good luck trying to land a jump kick in warframe against other players.

4. I wonder what the balancing team is for?

5. Unless youre from 2001, its not.

What can be done about hosting is quite simple, devs can take MOBA path. Session won't start until every player is not ready.

Once everyone is ready game will determine best host based on up/down speed, pc and latency.

Game needs quality algorithm for this, and I am sure that someone at DE can create this

Edited by RoboDoge

1. Infinite energy was not the reason he was killing her. The damage from Volt's ability is strong. She went down in single hits at times.

2. They specifically said some of our mods will be marked as usable in PvP, so you're wrong.

3. I do it all the time in Solar Rail Conflicts. 

4. Should I show you my friend called Acrid? 

5. You apparently do not play Solar Rail Conflicts that much.

Can you do a better job at posting random accusations?

I never said I dislike it, I said I simply will not play it much and pointed out reasons as to why.

#counterargued

1. The only time she went down with single hits was when she was already heavily damaged.

2. They even showed a few PVP-OK mods. Maglev, Fast Deflection was the caliber of mods available. That should give you an idea of what they consider balanced.

3. Good for you, jump-kicking is still balanced. This was a trivial point.

4. They showed you the mods and weapons which were available and explicitly said things would be extensively tested before being allowed, and they would take things back if they found out after that something is OP. So the fact that you even mention Acrid like that's supposed to mean something is  pretty good showcase the anti-PVP crowds warped minds. It compliments the selfish and rude attitude displayed by the antiPVP crowd in literally every PVP thread on this forum. And no, it's not "both sides are equally bad".

5. Solar Rail Conflicts aren't particularly laggy. All PVP games suffer from lag and Warframe isn't particularly guilty of this.

5. Yeah I do, 60 fps, top MS I had was around 150, with absolute garbage hosts 500 ms, which is 1 in 50 games and I dont bother playing in such a rare occurence, just leave and RR, all good. Again, like the Devs mentioned in the stream, 1 player hosting 7 clients is something they will figure out. U16 brings player raids, Im pretty sure they will have it figured out for the most ambitious warframe update yet.

I don't know where you're from but finding a non-laggy PvP in Europe region is impossible. I play Warframe on a high-end PC with ONLY Warframe installed and on a beast internet and I still haven't found a lag free game since PvP was launched.

AFAIK Call of Duty doesn't feature parkour.

Actually COD Advanced Warfare does "parkour" pretty well. Other than wallrun, COD:AW all the moves (or their equivalents) Warframe has: slide, boost dodge (equivalent to WF's roll), ledge grab, vault, super jump, air dodge (similar to an air copter).