Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Codpiece (With Math)

Renegade343

So, with Rhino, there are players that like to talk about his codpiece and that he is compensating for something, or use it as a weapon. And so, I actually went off to see if his codpiece can be used as a weapon. I first looked at the codpiece, then realised in order to make a good weapon from it, I am just going to need a thin layer. And so, I took the surface angle of the codpiece: 

fk3Qidb.png

e7mzxU8.png

8GyiKkX.jpg

So, the tip has an angle of 29.04˚. Searching around Google for "knife tip angle", I came to this website, and it states that Japanese kitchen knifes have an angle of 20˚-30˚ , meaning that if we were to take a thin layer of Rhino's codpiece, then modified it a bit to be an impromptu knife, it would cut a lot more better. 

Then, I went off to calculate the area and the volume of the codpiece (in which I cannot make a judgement as to whether or not he is compensating for something, since I have not obtained the value for the magnification of the Warframe in the Arsenal yet), just for a bit more work to do (and for getting more data), and I got these values (for now): 

qaoPIeE.jpg

Anyways, it was fun. 

Two observations:

1.) You have to be careful when you're reading about sharpening to check whether they mean the GRINDING ANGLE (the angle of a face relative to the handle or center-line of the blade), or the COMBINED ANGLE (one edge compared to the other edge, i.e. twice the grind angle in almost all cases).

2.) The combined angle of a cutting tool's edge is going to depend on what you are cutting and how vigorously. The finer the blade, the softer the target material must be and the more delicately the edge must be used, to avoid damaging it.

Your 30 degrees is perfectly acceptable for a rough-use knife or is on the finer side for an axe. Which, considering that he would be chopping on flesh, bone, armor, and metal robotic hulls, is much more suitable than a chef's knife's 20 degrees.

Edited by Momaw

Your 30 degrees is perfectly acceptable for a rough-use knife or is on the finer side for an axe. Which, considering that he would be chopping on flesh, bone, armor, and metal robotic hulls, is much more suitable than a chef's knife's 20 degrees.

Actually, there are some 30˚ kitchen knifes (as in, total angle = 30˚) that can cut quite well into meat and such, or be used for fine cutting meat and such (and I have used such a knife before for cooking. Pretty nice, light and smooth to use). 

So, perfect for stabbing into someone's stomach, then pulling out the intestines.