Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Rare 5 Nerf Still On !

--Q--AFKrasul

I see this as an improvement.  You can get A LOT more prime parts in the void now.  I played a T4D last night to 40 rounds and got a prime part for every 5 rounds, so 8 parts total.  That included 2 parts worth 50 ducats.  So it helps me to have enough to buy everything from the trader, and it helps new players to acquire prime weapons and frames.

They need to appease new & old players.  I think that getting prime parts is better than getting cores for anyone other than veterans who just NEED to max out those rank 10 mods.  Adding the cores to the star system also helps out players who don't want to spend a lot of time farming them in the void.

Guys, i really cant get your problem.

I have done about ten Draco runs today and i got seven 5x golden fusion core packs and three 3x silver fusion core packs.

In a recent session of T4 Survival (4 runs à 40 minutes) i only got 3 5x golden fusion core packs. And i spent a T4 key!

So i believe the current situation is much better as u can farm them easily on starchart.

And i dont believe this 12,5% chance of dropping... most of my friends grind them easily too.

Such chance does not seem to fit that.

I see this as an improvement.  You can get A LOT more prime parts in the void now.  I played a T4D last night to 40 rounds and got a prime part for every 5 rounds, so 8 parts total.  That included 2 parts worth 50 ducats.  So it helps me to have enough to buy everything from the trader, and it helps new players to acquire prime weapons and frames.

They need to appease new & old players.  I think that getting prime parts is better than getting cores for anyone other than veterans who just NEED to max out those rank 10 mods.  Adding the cores to the star system also helps out players who don't want to spend a lot of time farming them in the void.

umm no this is chaos. if u start looking for prime part u can start farming it at t3 void. heck u can do it at t4 survival too even before they nerfed that void. its not like u will get rare core at every rotation A and B its just u get higher chance for rare core. the most expensive ducat value at t4 survival is at rotation C which there are no drop table for rare core. besides its not only veteran who need to max those rank 10 mod, do u think new player or player that started few months doesn't want to MAX those rank 10 mod? u can only say that because u have rank it enough to enjoy playing. but for us who have been playing this game for a long time and love it the only thing to do is maxing the mod and helping friend/clanmate? can u say the same thing when u become the veteran player and want to max the rank10 mod ?

DE : Less reward , more grind and pain ! :D

To me , U15 is the Dark Age of warframe.
Broken drop table and RNG(EVERYTHING!) , stealth nerf , nullifiers (AND DE DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE) , U15.2 (I've lost all the faith in DE since this patch) , and lots thing that makes players angry/rage .
Welcome to Nerframe!

Edited by TheP

Yeah soo farm as many cores as you can from t4s before the changes affect you guys XD (Unless they already have)

ahh yeah ....in regards to that .... Ive did 2x TS4's for 40 min each ...and now i get stupid bloody 3x Orokin cells (totally useless- UNLESS they release another 10-15 prime weapons in the next few weeks) and a total of 25 rare 5's for 2 hours work . Like most people who play the game i DONT have 2 weeks to grind and pray that i get enough rare 5 cores to level 1 prime mod . Dont know about the rest of you but i'm kinda pissed that they added useless items to T4 Survival .

Guys, i really cant get your problem.

I have done about ten Draco runs today and i got seven 5x golden fusion.

I'd rather do 1 or 2 T4S runs to get seven R5 packs and some prime parts. That's my problem.

It's great that they added cores to star chart missions, but there was absolutly no reason to nerf T4S into the ground.

do u think new player or player that started few months doesn't want to MAX those rank 10 mod? u can only say that because u have rank it enough to enjoy playing. but for us who have been playing this game for a long time and love it the only thing to do is maxing the mod and helping friend/clanmate? 

No, I don't think they feel that they need to rank that level 10 mod to the max, and they shouldn't expect to be able to.  If they do, it's only from reading comments from veterans on here who think it's so damn important.

Those that have been playing a long time could have had the majority of stuff ranked by now if they chose to do so.  Ranking the newest rank 10 mods isn't imperative.  If you feel there is nothing else to do, quit and play another game.  It's really that simple.  Play more casually, for FUN, instead of worrying about leveling everything up immediately.

can u say the same thing when u become the veteran player and want to max the rank10 mod ?

Yes I can, since I am.  I didn't level up most of them all the way until recently.  I did it over time, which is how it should be done.

Patience is a virtue and all that S#&$.

No, I don't think they feel that they need to rank that level 10 mod to the max, and they shouldn't expect to be able to.  If they do, it's only from reading comments from veterans on here who think it's so damn important.

Those that have been playing a long time could have had the majority of stuff ranked by now if they chose to do so.  Ranking the newest rank 10 mods isn't imperative.  If you feel there is nothing else to do, quit and play another game.  It's really that simple.  Play more casually, for FUN, instead of worrying about leveling everything up immediately.

Yes I can, since I am.  I didn't level up most of them all the way until recently.  I did it over time, which is how it should be done.

Patience is a virtue and all that S#&$.

How are you missing all the stats people have put together no normal player can hope to max any more then 1 or 2 mods after going through a majority of content.

How are you missing all the stats people have put together no normal player can hope to max any more then 1 or 2 mods after going through a majority of content.

Whats so bad about that? Maybe thats the point. After youve done EVERYTHING, you can still have the option to improve in small areas if you wanted to.

Edited by Hypernaut1

If you think that's all it takes (assuming that is even the setup), then by all means try it.

Don't bother telling me anything, i already know what will be the result.

why would you even talk about it on the forums? it's a glitch, i know how it's done and you trying to inflate your ego just by ruining this conversation is really sad. the discussion here is about actual drop rates, not comparing $&@% sizes by bragging that you know how to exploit the game. i hope DE catch this bug and fix it ASAP, maybe i should just tell them...

Yes I can, since I am.  I didn't level up most of them all the way until recently.

..and I'm guessing you didn't play T4S to help you leveling those mods.

I did it over time, which is how it should be done.

You make it sound like that's something special, everybody ranks these mods over time. T4S just allowed you to do it a little faster. Maybe some people have saved up enough cores to max a couple of legendary mods, but that doesn't apply to 99,9999% of the player base. Most players need on the order of 300 hours to just max Serration.

You think it's good game design to dangle legendary mods in front of players and then say: "but don't expect to ever level them up, k".

Since the introduction of core packs the drop rate in T4S has always been the same. It never seemed to be a problem for DE, but now that cores are needed more than ever they get severely nerfed. Do you think that was a good and necessary decision?

I'm scratching my head as to why you're so invested in defending this change? You're not interested in leveling those mods, that's great, but maybe other players are?

Edited by SilentCircle

I think this is part of the problem. DE doesnt want players to stay in the void doing survival.

Players dont NEED to max every r10 that comes out as soon as it comes out. DE is trying to create more long term goals with the release of primed mods. They are not just trying to handout power buffs that will be easily maxed 1-2 days after release. If that was a case they may as well just make the mod buffs a hotfix like they did with the old 60% elemental dmg mods.

Now Vets have a goal and a choice to make. Max primed flow and continuity, or max primed reach for their orthos. Its not just "hey, they released a buff to our stats". 

If you are a vet, and dont like "grinding" to earn these buffs, then what are you playing for exactly? I feel many complaints come from players who turn maxing mods and selling them into a job. I find that i always have just enough ducats and just enough cores to buy and max mods at a generally fair pace.

I am sorry when you can assume on what players 'need'  your coming off way to high an mighty also the old R 5 core drop rate wasn't "quick" by any means or else maxed versions of primed mods wouldn't go for a few hundred plat also those prices are dictated by the players seeing how easy or hard it is to EARN.

Vets don't have a good goal anymore because there is now a complete lack of progression with R cores with high chance of earning nothing on T4 60 min run with zero rare cores for there efforts. Most people say screw it and just stop playing which is great for warframe by the way.

Personally I am not playing warframe until they fix this crap.

Edited by Speedingbus

To people saying you don't have to max primed mods!? are you serious? What is the point of this game if not for progress? What is the point of using better gear if it was not better? Please think before you talk. Games like warframe are based on progression and primed mods are part of becoming stronger. You always want the best gear and the best mods, if not then you might as well play with your mk 1 braton and your starter frame the entire game !

And again you guys should realize it now takes 5 times longer to farm rare 5 cores... not 2 times, not 3 times, heck not even 4 times... ITS 5 times longer! do you understand this? Can you grasp how much grind DE have added to this game?

To those saying DE is trying to cater to new players? You do know that T3 void already drop x3 orokin cells... There are a million places to farm orokin, so why put them in T4 survival? It seems DE have decided that grind = a better game. (I hope I am wrong)

The truth is the people who are defending these actions do not truly understand the gravity of the situation. VETERANS know what DE have done. And you guys should know this protest is for the betterment of the community !

Just my opinion.

We got spoiled. Before packs of 5 were a thing, how much did it take to max Heavy caliber. I remember going from rank 9 to rank 10 in a snail pace, it felt like weeks. Any time I had more then 50 rare cores I felt rich. Prices on trade told the same story. Most expensive rare mods would cost 5-6 hundred plat, while Primed chamber was changing hands for 6,7k easy. That was more then a year ago.

Primed mods and maxing them is just something to do. Pick 1 or 2 from which your play style will benefit most and go slow.

People were actually whining how 2 mods every 2 weeks was too much because they could hardly max both... but they still could. 1056 r5 cores!

We just got spoiled. Don't no one remember how rare they were before 5 packs?

Edit: Truth be told, a year ago, we didn't have r10 kubrows or r10 archwing mods to max out.

Edited by ReLight13

..and I'm guessing you didn't play T4S to help you leveling those mods.

<High & Mighty>

Obviously not entirely since I started quite a while before T4 was released.  I had serration and hornet strike at 8 before that was even available, which really doesn't take hundreds of hours of grinding to do, even without cores dropping like candy in T4S.  I'm definitely not going to say that running some T4S didn't help to get them up to 10.  I just didn't need it to be that high, since I was killing S#&amp;&#036; just fine at 8.  I had the cores to do it, so I did.

</High & Mighty>

You make it sound like that's something special, everybody ranks these mods over time. T4S just allowed you to do it a little faster. Maybe some people have saved up enough cores to max a couple of legendary mods, but that doesn't apply to 99,9999% of the player base. Most players need on the order of 300 hours to just max Serration.

No, I'm not making it sound as though that's something special.  I'm saying it takes time to do and that's fine.  You don't need to level them immediately.  If that's how you want to play, then you can grind away as long as you want to get those cores.  I guess they could've just lowered the drop rate for them, but they decided to add them to the star map instead.  Oh well.  It definitely took me longer than 300 hours to max serration.  Mostly because I was fine leaving it at rank 8.  I didn't NEED to do it to enjoy the game.  If you feel you do, that's fine.  Just don't expect it to be easy.

You think it's good game design to dangle legendary mods in front of players and then say: "but don't expect to ever level them up, k".

Since the introduction of core packs the drop rate in T4S has always been the same. It never seemed to be a problem for DE, but now that cores are needed more than ever they get severely nerfed. Do you think that was a good and necessary decision?

I'm scratching my head as to why you're so invested in defending this change? You're not interested in leveling those mods, that's great, but maybe other players are?

I'm still unsure of why you think that legendary mods need to be completely leveled to be usable.  A rank 6 legendary mod is still better than the original and it doesn't take a ton of cores to get it to that point.

I don't think it was an absolutely necessary decision, no.  Like I said above, they could have just lowered the chance percentage for a drop and increased the percentage of prime parts.  One of the best things to come out of this is that there's a better chance to get prime parts.  That, of course, is in my experience (and a friends) since the change, and it might just be random luck.

I am sorry when you can assume on what players 'need'  your coming off way to high on mighty also the old R 5 core drop rate wasn't "quick" by any means or else maxed versions of primed mods wouldn't go for a few hundred plat also those prices are dictated by the players seeing how easy or hard it is to EARN.

Vets don't have a good goal anymore because there is now a complete lack of progression with R cores with high chance of earning nothing on T4 60 min run with zero rare cores for there efforts. Most people say screw it and just stop playing which is great for warframe by the way.

Personally I am not playing warframe until they fix this crap.

I really don't see how you feel that I'm coming off as high and mighty.  People can play how they want.  I'm just saying HAVE PATIENCE.

Obviously a lot of vets are jaded & selfish (thankfully there are still a lot of helpful ones), so they expect the game to cater to them.  There have been HUGE improvements for newer players and that's definitely a good thing.  I would rather lose a vet and gain a newb.  By far.

If you can't find things to do as a vet in the game, just wait for new shinys and events.  Play some other games in the meantime (which it appears you're doing).

Oh hay, let me mention, this is my opinion.  I guess I assumed that people knew that I don't expect everyone to think or play the game the same way I do.  Tis the beauty of life!