The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Corrosive Projection Was Multiplicative, Rather Than Additive?

OfficerBeepsky

Lets say an enemy has 100 armor.

30% corrosive brings him to 70

another 30 brings him to 40

another 30 brings him to 10

and another 30 brings him to -20, which the game registers as 0.

Now, lets take a multiplicative one into effect.

100 armor enemy.

30% corrosive brings him down to 70

70 * 0.7 = 49

49 * 0.7 = 34.3

34.3 * 0.7 = 24.01

It'd be a direct effectiveness nerf, but it'd also result in players not being able to completely remove all armor from every enemy in the mission.

But if we make lategame endless farming harder with this, the least I could ask in return is a buff to the drop table chances on endless missions.

I'm going to ask a simple question, why?

I don't hate the idea or anything, just curious as to what the point would be.

EDIT:

It'd be a direct effectiveness nerf, but it'd also result in players not being able to completely remove all armor from every enemy in the mission.

And if this the reason, is that really a bad thing? I mean you need the whole squad to equip it.

If anything I'd just have it that the reduction would be 25% instead of 30%, and only because I'm a bit OCD (obviously not a good reason :P).

Edited by (PS4)JoeyTwoShoes

I fail to see what's the problem with a coordinated team stacking a bonus to remove a defense method that scales insanely faster than the others.

But if we make lategame endless farming harder with this, the least I could ask in return is a buff to the drop table chances on endless missions.

Don't bargain with DE. You'll always lose.

You're right, but breaking something to make something else seem less broken isn't a fix.

Then wouldn't it be better to ignore Corrosive Projection and have them work on armor scaling instead? Mind you, Corrosive Projection is only really effective if you have a group that runs 3-4 copies of it, making it very specific in order to combat Grineer armor scaling. Any Corpus or Infested units (except Mutalist Swarm Moas) are of course unaffected entirely by Corrosive Projection.

Then wouldn't it be better to ignore Corrosive Projection and have them work on armor scaling instead? Mind you, Corrosive Projection is only really effective if you have a group that runs 3-4 copies of it, making it very specific in order to combat Grineer armor scaling. Any Corpus or Infested units (except Mutalist Swarm Moas) are of course unaffected entirely by Corrosive Projection.

I would fix both at approximately the same time. If they only fixed armor scaling but 4X CP still worked the Grineer would only be for laughs. Both need to be fixed. Fixing neither doesn't change this, and fixing one but not the other doesn't change this.

CP is only effective when people run 3-4 copies true, but that doesn't change anything. It's still broken if that's the case. If you look at the OP's suggestion, that wouldn't be the case but CP could still be viable.

Or DE could just put in a hard cap at 95% reduction like they do with abating link.  Although corrosive projection would still reduce that last 5% of abating link, however would still not be able to completely remove armor then.

Then stick a hard cap on armour scaling. And HP scaling, too.

If the enemies scale infinitely, we need to be able to scale alongside them.

Enemies scale too hard with Armor as it is which really limits player options in terms of what weapons and damage types they can bring. If enemies had some actual diminishing returns in their own scaling so they couldn't reach 96% damage reduction so easily then I would be for diminishing returns on our corrosive projection.

Edited by Ryjeon