Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Eta On The Colorable Primes Update

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

I really look forward to them doing it to Excalibur prime and Frost Prime...because it could mean that they would get some visual overhauls at the same time...since they're...you know...not-so-prime compared to the others. 

And if they release it together with PBR...then there's no problem since the haters can just "color it away"

Can't wait until they add the PBR changes to all the Prime warframes and remaining Prime weapons. Hope they go back over everything and add some metal to every item in the game. And then they should make a second Immortal skin with PBR metal, giving players without Prime warframes some colorable metal. They should also add alternate helmets to compliment those as well.

Also, here's the Orokin Prime gold color. It's the Classic Saturated palette:

rW9VNY.png

That color is the same one used by Wyrm Prime, the Burston Prime, the Boltor Prime, and probably the Vasto Prime as well. Also, the Vasto Prime, Burston Prime, Boltor Prime, and Wyrm Prime all have good-looking metallic finishes for their gold parts, so as long as the Targis Prime armor has that same metallic look, then it's fine. No need to go back to the glow-in-the-dark gold.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Except Orokin literally means gold people, the orokin towers are filled with gold and the mag prime codex LITERALLY SAYS: "I could see the Tenno standing there freely. Solemn and GOLD gleaming, oblivious to the inertal force.

Gold primes are absolutely part of the lore.

Except gold comes in hundreds if not thousands of different colors and shades (google gold alloy).  Not to mention the whole genetic possibilities of color if its "living". 

Oh, and paint, yea they have paint in the future to. 

• 1 month later...

Can't wait until they add the PBR changes to all the Prime warframes and remaining Prime weapons. Hope they go back over everything and add some metal to every item in the game. And then they should make a second Immortal skin with PBR metal, giving players without Prime warframes some colorable metal. They should also add alternate helmets to compliment those as well.

Also, here's the Orokin Prime gold color. It's the Classic Saturated palette:

rW9VNY.png

That color is the same one used by Wyrm Prime, the Burston Prime, the Boltor Prime, and probably the Vasto Prime as well. Also, the Vasto Prime, Burston Prime, Boltor Prime, and Wyrm Prime all have good-looking metallic finishes for their gold parts, so as long as the Targis Prime armor has that same metallic look, then it's fine. No need to go back to the glow-in-the-dark gold.

There is also no need for DE to shove the 'glow-in-the-dark gold' chrome texture out the window either. We need to have a middle ground for all players. If you could change the colour of the gold AND the texture, then everything would be fine. However DE feel the need to make Primes have a boring plastic texture as the new default 'metal' with no way to change it, which is displeasing to many players. Boltor Prime, Wrym Prime and Targis Prime looked amazing before the update, now I can't even see the gold when I'm in the dark. Some people like having the glowing chrome texture. That's what made a Prime recognisable to other players. You might as well use the regular Warframes painted with that 'gold' you listed, which to be frank, can never hold a candle to Orokin metal. If people want to be able to colour Primes then that's fine, but stop encouraging DE to get rid of the chrome texture altogether. Not everyone wants plastic versions of the Orokin warframes. 

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

People asked for this theirselves....now we have to deal with it! (deal with it who dosnt like it B) ).

I personally  love the colorable parts.

You missed the point entirely. No one would care if the parts AND the texture were able to be edited. DE shoved this down our throats without thinking that maybe they should do a full edit of the customisation menu to meet the requirements of both parties. This company needs to just stop throwing things out there and instead think it through.

You missed the point entirely. No one would care if the parts AND the texture were able to be edited. DE shoved this down our throats without thinking that maybe they should do a full edit of the customisation menu to meet the requirements of both parties. This company needs to just stop throwing things out there and instead think it through.

Maybe wait a little while and they will do it?

Eventually they have to do it and most likely will do it.

There is also no need for DE to shove the 'glow-in-the-dark gold' chrome texture out the window either. We need to have a middle ground for all players. If you could change the colour of the gold AND the texture, then everything would be fine. However DE feel the need to make Primes have a boring plastic texture as the new default 'metal' with no way to change it, which is displeasing to many players. Boltor Prime, Wrym Prime and Targis Prime looked amazing before the update, now I can't even see the gold when I'm in the dark. Some people like having the glowing chrome texture. That's what made a Prime recognisable to other players. You might as well use the regular Warframes painted with that 'gold' you listed, which to be frank, can never hold a candle to Orokin metal. If people want to be able to colour Primes then that's fine, but stop encouraging DE to get rid of the chrome texture altogether. Not everyone wants plastic versions of the Orokin warframes. 

Plenty of PBR metal actually looks like metal without being glow in the dark...

Plenty of PBR metal actually looks like metal without being glow in the dark...

Targis Prime and Boltor Prime now look like plastic knock-off's thanks to PBR. Primes are supposed to be different models of the Tenno counterparts with unique traits, such as the gold, to make them easier to recognise. If you don't like the glow in the dark chrome gold, then stop complaining and use a regular Warframe. They can easily be made better than a Prime warframe with forma. The only difference between Prime and non-Prime Warframes is the model. 

Anyway, my point is; DE fix this stupid argument, give them their colourable gold, give us default chrome texture options.

Targis Prime and Boltor Prime now look like plastic knock-off's thanks to PBR. Primes are supposed to be different models of the Tenno counterparts with unique traits, such as the gold, to make them easier to recognise. If you don't like the glow in the dark chrome gold, then stop complaining and use a regular Warframe. They can easily be made better than a Prime warframe with forma. The only difference between Prime and non-Prime Warframes is the model. 

Anyway, my point is; DE fix this stupid argument, give them their colourable gold, give us default chrome texture options.

Yeah right because jumping from 15 (5%damage reduction) to 100 armor(25%) and doubling Volt's energy pool can make regular Volt just as good. Wait... No.

Besides you're entirely wrong about the Boltor which actually looks like gold now and not some weird glowy electrum. But yeah, they should give back the old hideous texture so people like can stop lying about everything to get what they want.

Yeah right because jumping from 15 (5%damage reduction) to 100 armor(25%) and doubling Volt's energy pool can make regular Volt just as good. Wait... No.

Besides you're entirely wrong about the Boltor which actually looks like gold now and not some weird glowy electrum. But yeah, they should give back the old hideous texture so people like can stop lying about everything to get what they want.

Volt Prime has 100 armour. Valkyr has 600. Which one will last longer on T4?

Volt Prime's damage abilities drop off at high tiers just like the normal one. Oh wait! They added a visual lightning bolt effect on his Shock ability which adds no real usefulness whatsoever (Sarcastically claps).

You get your plastic 'metal' and we get our 'glowy electrum'. Everybody is happy. Also you missed out the 'you' in your last sentence. It should be 'So people like you can stop lying'. Just a helpful tip

Volt Prime has 100 armour. Valkyr has 600. Which one will last longer on T4?

Volt Prime's damage abilities drop off at high tiers just like the normal one. Oh wait! They added a visual lightning bolt effect on his Shock ability which adds no real usefulness whatsoever (Sarcastically claps).

You get your plastic 'metal' and we get our 'glowy electrum'. Everybody is happy.

Why are you talking about Valkyr and making clueless comparisons ? So random...

Why are you talking about Valkyr and making clueless comparisons ? So random..

The difference between Volt Prime and Volt is minimal. His armour is still low and his abilities are nowhere near as useful as some of the other Warframes. I will admit his energy pool is the highest in game, but the only reason for that is because his abilities aren't useful at all, apart from Electric Shield and even that's not as useful as Frost's Snow Globe.

Going back to topic now. DE will hopefully redo the entire customisation menu to offer more in-depth options.

The difference between Volt Prime and Volt is minimal. His armour is still low and his abilities are nowhere near as useful as some of the other Warframes. I will admit his energy pool is the highest in game, but the only reason for that is because his abilities aren't useful at all, apart from Electric Shield and even that's not as useful as Frost's Snow Globe.

Going back to topic now. DE will hopefully redo the entire customisation menu to offer more in-depth options.

I don't agree with you but won't spend my day arguing about it. Going from 5% damage reduction to 25% thx to the armor buff is huge. If you add a bigger energy pool for QT and casting, then Volt Prime is definitely a HUGE upgrade in survivability. About his overall utility, Volt brings a ton. I fail to see how a huge AS/MS buff (which can cc when augmented), an invulnerable tactical wall which doubles has an incredible steroid and beam weapon enhancer and an AoE CC that you can cast while reloading (or augment to become a DPS buff) can be totally useless to a squad. If anything, I do great in any T4 mission with Volt so no idea why you're trashing the frame.

But my point was not about Volt. I was merely answering what you were stating earlier : no, prime frames are now more than reskins and come in with better stats. They are now always superior to their original model so there's actually no point in running Loki when you can run Loki P. They also bring a nice energy refill in void missions. It's always useful.

Anyways, I might forget words, you apparently forget to think things through. I'm done.

I don't agree with you but won't spend my day arguing about it. Going from 5% damage reduction to 25% thx to the armor buff is huge. If you add a bigger energy pool for QT and casting, then Volt Prime is definitely a HUGE upgrade in survivability. About his overall utility, Volt brings a ton. I fail to see how a huge AS/MS buff (which can cc when augmented), an invulnerable tactical wall which doubles has an incredible steroid and beam weapon enhancer and an AoE CC that you can cast while reloading (or augment to become a DPS buff) can be totally useless to a squad. If anything, I do great in any T4 mission with Volt so no idea why you're trashing the frame.

But my point was not about Volt. I was merely answering what you were stating earlier : no, prime frames are now more than reskins and come in with better stats. They are now always superior to their original model so there's actually no point in running Loki when you can run Loki P. They also bring a nice energy refill in void missions. It's always useful.

Anyways, I might forget words, you apparently forget to think things through. I'm done.

Quick Thinking is a rubbish mod. It stuns locks you constantly when getting hit until you die. Many other warframes are better than Volt/Volt Prime at Crowd Control such as Nyx(Chaos build), Vauban (Repelling Bastille build), Excalibur (Radial Blind build), Loki (Irradiating Disarm build) and Frost (Snow Globe build). Volt's Electric Shield only faces one way, whereas Frost's Snow Globe surrounds the entire player squad. Volt's shield may be invincible, but it doesn't help when enemies get into close combat. Snow Globe has a 67% slow speed effect on enemies that enter it. Along with the new ability augment Chilling Globe, his globe also has a 50% chance to freeze anyone entering it for eight seconds, during which they can be killed very easily. Something Volt cannot do.

Nyx can cause enemies to attack each other. Vauban is the most tactical Warframe there is. Loki with Irradiating Disarm becomes a god (lol) and Frost I've already explained.

Volt's 95% (modded) attack speed can easily be matched by a strength build on Valkyr's Warcry ability and his 1.0 sprint speed is blown out of the water by Loki and Rhino with a Vanguard helm (Who both have a base sprint speed of 1.25. 1.63 when modded), as Speed will also boost your squad. In short Volt has one slightly useful ability that shields him while he shoots at just one enemy within the innumerable horde running towards him.

Back on topic again, before Rhino Prime, Prime warframes were not different from their Tenno counterparts at all. Its only recently DE has started sneaking the stats up on Primes. I think that counts as 'thinking things through'. Nice to talk to you.

The longer the wait, the better. Or until they can actually give us a good gold substitute. I know we have similar colours, but the colourable effect looks so dull and like cheap plastic.

The longer we wait the more DE start to care less. If they even are attempting to 'fix' it, I doubt they will before the end of the year. They've walked straight a into wall with this one. 

Boltor Prime looks like, not plastic, but not really metallic. Like metallic-spray painted plastic. Targis Prime Armor looks ok. Edo Prime armor looks great, so does the Skana Prime, so does the Dragon Nikana. The art team just isn't being consistent with their metallic-ness. Then again, the art team isn't even consistent when making prime weapons actually use standard prime colors. It's the art teams laziness, or rather, just constant not caring about the details. It's actually quite annoying that an art team can't/won't even standardize colors across all items. Like, most items have a thinner pattern that is colorable. You can see this in most frames (not some of the immortal skins), and in all Primes (except Nova Prime), and in many of the syandanas and armor sets, yet they don't all use the same color option. We just recently got the metal parts of Prime armor and syandanas being standardized. Hopefully we can get the same across the board, so that when you apply frame colors to cosmetics, it'll mostly match up (you'd still have to change the Prime gold color to Prime gold of course).