Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt, Is He Any Good?

(XBOX)LegionRapier61

Question

Not sure if this is the right tread, but I just started playing Warframe this week on Xbox One. I started with Volt and before I get too far with him I wanted to know if he was any good for the long haul..? I also have Nekcros (Can't remember if that's his name) but I only just recently bought him.

So should I keep leveling Volt or go ahead and swap to my other Frame?

Any help would be much appreciated.

12 answers to this question

If you don't get too caught up on the damage he does at low levels, you should find him to be useful even into the high levels.

All his abilities have some utility to them and can prove to be a good complementary frame to any team. The number of times chain stunning has helped me and my team, or putting up damage boosting shields  for cover. As well as the number of times I've used speed to traverse huge distances in short time to save a downed teammate or go mental with melee.

Just noticed you mentioned Nekros. He's kinda awkward to mod for, but with the addition of his current two augments you can create a fairly unique and powerful support build that isn't just desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate, desecrate.

Also side note, ..it's always worth finishing levelling a frame, even if you don't like it much. Later on in game you'll need the affinity.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Quite frankly, he is great. Shock even in high levels still stuns multiple enemies, and doesn't cost much to use multiple times. His speed is good in a jam, and supplies a huge amount of attack speed with melee. I can turn a Scindo Prime into a Tipdeo with Speed. His shield is GREAT. Not only is there a 50% electricity and 200% crit dmg buff, it can be casted multiple times in any orientation. Overload is like a Shock that stronger and lasts longer.

Such a great frame.

Personally, I don't like him at all. His abilities just aren't for me, and I feel like he was poorly designed in terms of ability.
1) Shock: Fine with me
2) Speed: Sure, it's useful, and that extra melee speed buff is nice, but I feel like something else should be here. Something better, more useful (again, just my opinion)
3) Electric Shield: Again, very, VERY useful, and I can understand why players love Volt for this ability, but I still feel like something else should be here. Could someone please let me know how a wall of electricity is gonna save me if a bullet goes flying through it?
4) Overload: Again, I'm fine with it.

That, and Volt just feels squishy with me. I prefer other Frames that can take punishment.
"OMG, you must be a Rhinoob"
Lol no. Rhino's got to be my least played Frame behind Volt and Banshee xD

Volt is quite balanced frame that needs a little tweak to his ult. Everything else is good, and he is great as team supporting.

If you add Shock augment you can buff your teammates with electricity damage, and still be able to spam kill lower level mobs. Speed is great for finishing missions fast and doing some damage with augment, and buffs melee damage. Shield is good for protecting objectives and increasing team damage.