Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

The nerf for chaos was expected but the problem is that increasing the level of chaos increases the range, not the duration.

Absorb is useless unless you're solo, although it should work for melee.

Given the uselessness of psychic bolts, they shouldn't cost 50 energy.

Mind control needs to make mobs incredibly aggressive, otherwise it just turns mobs into bullet sponges.

Psychic Bolts should be dropped to a cost of 20 or so to make it a viable attack power (in fact most of the non-AoE attack powers, i.e. everything but ults and slash dash need a cost drop)

The nerf for chaos was expected but the problem is that increasing the level of chaos increases the range, not the duration.

Absorb is useless unless you're solo, although it should work for melee.

Given the uselessness of psychic bolts, they shouldn't cost 50 energy.

Mind control needs to make mobs incredibly aggressive, otherwise it just turns mobs into bullet sponges.

I swear to god I cant agree with you any more...

Then it should be given knockdown or a short stun effect on enemies that survive so that you have a chance to escape.

i still dont think absorb fit into nyx´s kit...but any way if they change all the things you said i could live with the ability

I really like Nyx's concept and here abilities are interesting and fun in isolation, but aside from the problems stated above (which I agree with), her kit has no synergy. 
I'm a pretty avid fan of LoL, so I've come to expect ability kits that really mesh well. I want to be able to go into any fight with the potential to use all of my abilities to full effect. Unfortunately, this is not what Nyx's kit offers. Lets to a quick run through of her abilities:

Mind Control: Great ability which not only lock's down an enemy unit but provides a distraction as well as an additional damage source for your cause. 
Problems: This ability doesn't mesh with either Chaos or Absorb. When chaos is active, mind control is almost entirely wasted unless your target is an ancient healer. Likewise if you plan on using absorb the last thing you want to do is distract enemy units from yourself.

Psychic Bolts: Another very fun ability! What I like most about this is it's fire-and-forget nature as well as it's versatility between single target and multi-target damage.
Problems: As stated above, it's damage is poor, its cost is high and it's very inconsistent. If we compare it to the Excalibur's Slash Dash, this ability is seriously outclassed; Slash dash deals 3x to 10x as much damage, it hits unlimited targets within a pretty huge AoE, and it costs HALF as much. 
Suggestion: I think this ability would be excellent if modeled after Ahri's foxfire from LoL. As Clockworkfiction suggested above, having the bolts hover above Nyx until valid targets are found would be an excellent feature. Also, decreasing the damage of consecutive bolts to a single target (while buffing the base damage) would prevent this ability's single target damage from getting out of hand, while keeping it effective against boss units.

Chaos/Absorb: These abilities, while fun in isolation offer absolutely no synergy. Chaos makes Absorb useless, and if you can pull off a good Absorb there shouldn't be any need for Chaos.

Conclusion: Adding a taunt and maybe decreasing the portion of damage dealt on Absorb to compensate would make a lot of sense in terms of the skill's utility as well a it's fit into Nyx's Kit. On the other hand, this really doesn't address the synergy issue. Psy Bolts works fine with each of Nyx's other abilities, and Mind Control is good for situations with only a few enemies, but for large groups, you are forced to decide between using Chaos and Absorb while Mind Control is completely out of the question. 

I hate to say it, but I really think that in order to make Nyx fun and smooth to play, you would need to replace mind control and absorb with more combo-friendly abilities. I know a lot of players would find this to be an upsetting prospect, but IMO it seems necessary. 

Personally, I am getting tired of using Absorb and any enemies even slightly behind objects, behind OPENED DOORS (<--- tested), or elevated from my position it seems, or even behind other enemies........pretty much anything that even remotely obstructs the ability from hitting the target including some apparently invisible barriers in a flat open room will cause Absorb to be completely useless and a total waste of 100 energy. I feel as if the only 2 abilities that are worth using at all are Mind Control and Chaos, which is pathetic. I love the concept of Nyx, but doesn't seem very viable compared to other Frames. With the exception of defense missions of course.

I must also admit that a bothersome factor is that while using Shade it does make Absorb entirely useless. Sadly, not using Shade or at least Ghost causes your survival rate to drop quite a bit. (Nyx has 10 armor)

There are good suggestions here, but I wouldn't mind a simple buff to Absorb to make it worth using. Say just make it go through objects?.. At the very least. That alone would make a lot of difference.

I will also add that I do not think it is entirely necissary to increase the damage output of Absorb. Allies can shoot into the bubble if coordinated and create massive damage. However I am not sure if it would just be a better idea just to shoot directly at enemies.

Thats not all tho. I added a lot more.

Yeah ofcourse there is alot more !! i own Nyx and i wish to be bette am dieing to see her with great powers with update 8 comming soon !!

thank you again for this thread you are the man !!

great ideas for Nyx changes. almost nothing in this thread i don't agree with. only thing i can add is that psychic bolts target inactive turrets atm which wastes 2-max number of bolts hitting nothing. would be good to change that the way they did with Ash's bladestorm no longer targeting them. i usually don't even bring Absorb in given how unreliable it is especially since i too am a proud owner of Shade.

Update 8 is around the corner !!  

plz Developers Check this Thread 

its the best Thread about Nyx's Issues and its indeed the " specific Feedback that Scott talked about "

so plz Check it and Fix Nyx  !! 

Thanks for everything Developers you guys are awesome !!

Who agree with me 

to make the Daggers Faster .. cuz they are DAGGERS !! not Butterflies !!

and increase the Dmg they make  + all the changes my Tenno brothers  Mentioned !! 

Yes cause thats totally relevant to this thread lol...

Anyway. Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

One of the problems I have with absorb is that its slow, but that of course is to take in damage. What usually happens for me is that when I try to use absorb, my allies usually end up killing all the targets before I release the damage. I'd like to see absorb have less time to take in damage, but damage taken in is doubled before being released, dealing the same amount of damage absorb would normally do, in half the time.

Someone mentioned increasing Psyhic Bolts damage because it "deals too little damage per power cost"... that's kinda ridiculous, isn't it? Fully upgraded Psyhic Bolts deal 125 damage per bolt and you throw 5 bolts at a time. Even more, it deals 300 percent damage to light infested (375 damage per bolt). Per bolt you hit for more than couple of sprays from Burston.

If you are melee type like me, Nyx is ideal.  Aside from Psyhic Bolts, the rest of her abilities are fairly close range. I can hit bosses for 625 damage per shot and since i have over 200 energy for now, I can hit the boss 4x625= 2500 damage in 5 seconds. If the opponents happen to be a swarm of light infested, I can clear the room in seconds. If there was a light infested boss, I'd hit 7500 damage, probably killing the boss before before anyone else gets a shot at it.