February 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Instantly lost you. Maybe you should look up some conclave videos and see actually how much skill it takes, or better yet, go into Europa conclave and fight a few pros and see how much skill it takes.

Said every person who wasted an inordinate amount of time in a poorly balanced mess of a game ever.  Next you'll tell me that instagib takes skill.

Edited by Aggh

Regarding the R5's, how about looking into the market cost of actually purchasing R5's in packs that are reasonable for players to obtain?  This is win win for players and DE to make $!

Required to rank 1 R10 MOD 528 R5's

~30171 plat for 528 rare cores. rng dependent.

So "only" $1,400 dollars if you buy 4300 plat packs.

(you also would get around 377 bronze+226 silver)

So with that in mind, what is your opinion on the changes to R5 core rewards? Are there other changes that you would like to see made?

Yep. Add those rewards to archwing interception so players actually play them and are rewarded for it.

Said every person who wasted an inordinate amount of time in a poorly balanced mess of a game ever.  Next you'll tell me that instagib takes skill.

It does since it requires aim, something that a lot of players lack.

Well, he has a point. It only requires skill when you adhere yourself to those "Gentlemen's rules of Conclave". If you don't, you can abuse cheap tactics that just need quicker reflexes to win.

Basically every pro goes by the rules of conclave.

Friendly fire would be a great addition, however it WILL be abused by some players and as such I think if you ever do want to add it in, please have it in like a test mode or only one type of game mode and pre-warn players going into the battle.

That being said it could have interesting affects on gameplay. Especially if close melee attacks do friendly fire. I could also see it actually being just a pain in the &#! though now that I think about it.... hummm.

1-3 shot body kills = requires aim, huh?  Lol.

Well, the numbers of how much shots it takes to kill someone, does not say anything about the aim-difficulty.

Basicly you are trying to hit a high-speed-flying-player from a long distance faster than he is able to shoot at you, while you are flying.

This requires huge aim and skill :P . You need to be fast, you need to have good and fast aim, you need to be very attentive, you need to have map control, you need good empathy.

I'm pretty sure that some of the good conclave players would destroy you with nearly every weapon they take, no matter what weapon you take or which cheap tricks you use. And no, I do not consider myself as one of this godlike conclave players :P .

Edited by Feyangol

Well, the numbers of how much shots it takes to kill someone, does not say anything about the aim-difficulty.

Basicly you are trying to hit a high-speed-flying-player from a long distance faster than he is able to shoot at you, while you are flying.

This requires huge aim and skill :P . You need to be fast, you need to have good and fast aim, you need to be very attentive, you need to have map control, you need good empathy.

I'm pretty sure that some of the good conclave players would destroy you with nearly every weapon they take, no matter what weapon you take or which cheap tricks you use. And no, I do not consider myself as one of this godlike conclave players :P .

The number of hits required and the area that you need to aim at are the biggest determinants in aim difficulty.  Target speed isn't a huge deal with warframe's spammable low ttk hit scan weapons and relatively predictable movement paths.

Edited by Aggh

The numbers and the area that you need to aim are the biggest determinants in aim difficulty.  Target speed isn't a huge deal with warframe's spammable low ttk hit scan weapons and relatively predictable movement paths.

Try to spam your weapons, you will hit nothing. I did it long time ago, it was a bad idea.

And did you actually tried to hit this guys in conclave? You will see that the speed is a huge deal, if the person knows how to use it. Remember, not only the enemy has a huge speed, you have to run with a similar speed - while you are aiming.

Try to spam your weapons, you will hit nothing. I did it long time ago, it was a bad idea.

And did you actually tried to hit this guys in conclave? You will see that the speed is a huge deal, if the person knows how to use it. Remember, not only the enemy has a huge speed, you have to run with a similar speed - while you are aiming.

You seem to think that this is special to warframe.  Tribes and quake did this ages ago with projectile weapons and longer ttks.

You seem to think that this is special to warframe.  Tribes and quake did this ages ago with projectile weapons and longer ttks.

I looked some videos on youtube and I have to say:

The distances in warframe are bigger, the gameplay is as fast as in Conclave.

-> It is harder to hit here someone than there.

Also this guys seem to spam there weapons a lot ... normally 1 conclave match is decided after precise 5-10 shots.

Also, I have nothing against a longer ttk. But with the current shield recharge, this isn't possible. They recharge after a few seconds and can keep you for very long time alive. Increase the health and lower the shields, than we can talk about a longer ttk warframe pvp. I just disagree with you in another point: it takes skill to be good at conclave.

Edited by Feyangol

I looked some videos on youtube and I have to say:

The distances in warframe are bigger, the gameplay is as fast as in Conclave.

-> It is harder to hit here someone than there.

Also this guys seem to spam there weapons a lot ... normally 1 conclave match is decided after precise 5-10 shots.

Also, I have nothing against a longer ttk. But with the current shield recharge, this isn't possible. They recharge after a few seconds and can keep you for very long time alive. Increase the health and lower the shields, than we can talk about a longer ttk warframe pvp. I just disagree with you in another point: it takes skill to be good at conclave.

You think the distance in warframe- is bigger than tribes?  Lol?

You think the distance in warframe- is bigger than tribes?  Lol?

Well, I searched only for quake ...

Now when I found tribes I have to say that the distances there are bigger, but the gameplay slower... Still, this guys seem to spam everything what they have xD .

Edited by Feyangol

Well, I searched only for quake ...

Now when I found tribes I have to say that the distances there are bigger, but the gameplay slower... Still, this guys seem to spam everything what they have xD .

You had too... Search for quake?

I don't want to live in this world any more.

R5 cores: This was a good start, but a bit more can be  done to increase the flow, or at least decrease the need for the flow. How about making them incentives to complete the starchart?

Nekros is good. I thought he was good before the changes, and now he's even better! No complaints here.

Friendly fire, however, is an all around bad idea. Imagine the amount of trolls that would come in just to kill an entire team and leave! Also, as a Penta user, I would kill most of my teammates by mistake a LOT. The fast pace of the game, the viability and use of melee.... the list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. And don't even get me started on abilities.

Daggers on the whole aren't very useful in the game, as they are simply shorter ranged swords in my opinion. However, the ability to strike many times as seen with Fang Prime and Gnashing Pyara can somewhat compensate for this. The only real problem I have with daggers is their lack of utility. Why would they have LESS finishing damage if they are stealth weapons? It doesn't make any sense.

I've never been to a conclave before, but if interesting changes are made I might check it out later!

I believe that friendly fire should only be allowed in Dark Sector Conflicts, due to the fact that many players simply choose weapons like the Flux Rifle, Gammacor, and the Phage because they DON'T have to release the fire button, if friendly fire was allowed it would at least make PVP more enjoyable because you would have to be more careful in order to avoid killing your own teammates.

I realize this may catch some flak for just being posted however I am sure there are people who at least see some merit if this was implemented.