Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Order 1886 Is A 3-5 Hour Game?

TheErebus.

I already know a lot of people wont buy it because of the 30 FPS. Which bothers me to no end, because I cannot tell the difference between 30 to 60 FPS.

There is a difference, but not that significant to overall enjoyment. 

The human eye and brain is capable, in some studies, of detecting different frame rates up to around 150fps.

The human eye and brain is capable, in some studies, of detecting different frame rates up to around 150fps.

As I said, I cannot tell the difference. Only when it drops down to something like 25 or even lower can I see a huge problem. Other than that, I've seen it all as being really smooth and enjoyable. Which is why I facepalm at people who flat out refuse to even try the game.

As I said, I cannot tell the difference. Only when it drops down to something like 25 or even lower can I see a huge problem. Other than that, I've seen it all as being really smooth and enjoyable. Which is why I facepalm at people who flat out refuse to even try the game.

Nearly every game I own for my PS4 is 30FPS and I can not tell much a difference between Warframe (60FPS) and them. So... :P

^ this guy gets it.

When I try to get technical than yes I'd definitely try noticing difference but when you're enjoying your time you could not care less about 30/60FPS. Nor do I not understand those PC biggots who say 4K resolution what not. I bet they spend more time insulting than enjoying games.

People who refuse to play games because of their graphics are just... dumb. I mean I'm all for games having good graphics, cause I'm a huge graphical nut, but that doesn't stop me from atleast trying games even if they have meh graphics. I mean, look at Metal Gear Rising: Low quality textures, meh lip syncing, capped at 60 FPS and 1080p, but I still enjoyed the heck out of it because of the gameplay. Because that's what really matters in a game. As well as the story to some extent.

QTEs, unskippable cutscenes, tired cover shooter mechanics and letterboxing.

3-5 hours sounds long enough to be honest!

If it comes to PC in a GOTY package with the inevitable DLC, removed the letterboxing and FPS cap, I might buy it in a weak moment at 75% off.

Might..

From an economic standpoint i'd be a tad pissed.

$50 for 5 hours enjoyment of a game isn't great value for money in any sense.

At that rate, I'd have to pay something approaching $31000 for warframe, which equates to purchasing about 465000 plat.

A game with a single path story, no multiplayer and no mod support needs to have a REALLY good story to be worth that much.

I'm talking the forest gump of games here.

It would also need excellent gameplay to boot.

Lets look at the last of us, a game that was sold as a storytelling experience.

It had a main line at least twice as long, with stunning visuals and pretty good gameplay.

Then there is also a multiplayer, which you can spend a good bit of time on.

And that is for standard price.

Another game, besiege is on steam for $7.

It has very limited levels right now, but even so, I have probably spent more than 5 hours on it building all sorts of fancy things.

Basically it is a game you can steamroll through start to finish in approximately 5 hours if you knew exactly what you were doing at all times. However to do everything in the game first time would take about 7-9 hours.

They went the route of homefronts campaign, of quality over quantity. Not having multiplayer was a pretty bad choice but considering the budget they had and the fact that they've never made a multiplayer title before it is understandable.

I personally aren't that interested in the game, but I you can see it is pretty decent quality.

This may be of particular interest to PS4 users.

My twitter caught wind of Angry Joe's responses towards the Order 1886 having a playtime of about 3-5 hours for the campaign. Now keep in mind, the game is solo only. No multiplayer of any kind, so I searched it up and found these articles: 

Unless I'm getting my games mixed up that was based on an out of context quote about a speed run. Stop listening to Polygon. They're crap.

Edited by (PS4)Vorpal_Spork

Unless I'm getting my games mixed up that was based on an out of context quote about a speed run. Stop listening to Polygon. They're crap.

I think we've already gotten the speed run bit over and done with, as for listening to Polygon. 

I really don't care. 

I only use them for news and such, reviews wise, I only listen to Angry Joe. 

Found some pictures from another forum that I have to do with Order so I thought it would fit here. *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Like seriously, major spoilers.

I'm warning you, turn back unless you want to get spoiled

Alright you asked for it: 

http://i.imgur.com/L3gUxuW.png

http://i.imgur.com/HAfinJ4.png

You're kidding me...  I was thought it would just be a troll post o man..

Found some pictures from another forum that I have to do with Order so I thought it would fit here. *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Like seriously, major spoilers.

I'm warning you, turn back unless you want to get spoiled

Alright you asked for it: 

http://i.imgur.com/L3gUxuW.png

http://i.imgur.com/HAfinJ4.png

Comparing the body shape shows that one of them is most larger than the other as well as being more masculine. Also, we're all just judging it by it's appearance. We don't know if it's any different in the move-sets as well as its behaviour.

Comparing the body shape shows that one of them is most larger than the other as well as being more masculine. Also, we're all just judging it by it's appearance. We don't know if it's any different in the move-sets as well as its behaviour.

What the guy who took those was trying to show was that 2 parts of the game are pretty much almost exactly the same. Both of those parts are QTE-intensive parts, where most if not all of the action is QTE.