Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Your Opinion, Best Nikana Stance

(PSN)Spooky_Intention

I recently acquired Blind Justice and i think Tranquil Cleave. I enjoy the animation style of Blind Justice(the reverse grip is really interesting) but i just want to know what everyones opinions are on the different stances and which they prefer! Also, if you have the time please list why you list this or that stance. Thanks guys!

TRANQUIL CLLLLEEEEAAAAVVEEE.

This stance uses reverse-grip, one handed, and two handed swings, has a 100% bleed proc combo, can stun the heavies for a melee finisher with another combo, and has a tri-stab that surpasses all the others in DPS.

In terms of utility, it far surpasses BJ and DJ, in my opinion.

And yes, I've used all three. Thoroughly.

Edited by Snydrex

I personally love the Blind Justice Stance out of all of em the most. But every single stance is just as good as each other, they all do same damage, it is all then on preferences. want quick stabs and long left to right slashes? Get Tranquil Cleave. You like focused strikes with medium speed, over head strike, and large area attacks, get Decisive Judgment. If you like to do a bit of everything, have foucsed strikes at close range with quick slashes but also slow attack with over head strikes, + different slide animations, then Blind Justice is for you.

As you can see, it is your preferance. Depending on what you like then you can be the best with any of these 3 stances.

EDIT: But i can definetly say if you switch to blind justice between other stances, get ready for a completly different fighting style XD. Does take time to get used to and if not mastered well then it will not be fully effective.

Edited by jmulet4297

Blind justice looks pretty flashy so if you like that kind of thing go for it. Plus that dash attack is pretty satisfying to carve into an enemy or a line of enemies .

But there's just this allure about decisive judgment for me...it's so methodical and conveys a lot of strength in it's attacks. Plus one of it's moves opens up enemies for finisher attacks if you land it right, so utility wise I like a lot.

I've got all 3 stances and I can tell you that Dragon Nikana is the most efficient without a stance.

The one-two slash of the default (no-stance) is its best combo.

Made a video demonstrating Dragon Nikana without a stance:

It's fast, accurate without unnecessary mobility combo's and you don't get queued in a combo, having to wait for it to finish before moving on to your next target.

I like Blind Justice, I don't have any raw data comparing the stances, but it feels like Blind Justice does the most hits per unit time the fastest. Like that Slash Dash does a lot of hits and if you do the Slash Dash in a tight circle around a big target like a Bombard, or Ancient, or something... that's a lot of hits in a short amount of time... In addition to just being able to use the Slash Dash in a normal AoE fashion.

That Slash Dash move is like the only move out of any melee attack in the game I deliberately enjoy Channeling with.

I've got all 3 stances and I can tell you that Dragon Nikana is the most efficient without a stance.

It's fast, accurate without unnecessary mobility combo's and you don't get queued in a combo, having to wait for it to finish before moving on to your next target.

Valid, but for many it would be extremely boring without a stance as well. For efficiency-oriented people however, that is something to keep in mind.

Edited by ROSING

It's extremely boring to play. As soon as targets get a little resiliant, your 1-2 combo won't be enough and you'll want to have those "unnecessary combos" which actually do quite good against crowds. All stances have simple 1-2-3-4 combos you can execute without any difficulty and being stuck in a combo. I don't consider fighting lvl 13 chargers is a proper demonstration of why people should forgoe stances on Nikana, especially when you factor in the additional mod capacity. 

On the topic, I like blind justice a lot but you'll have to move with directional melee and the dash combo, which by the way looks classy as F***, instead of coptering. Otherwise, if you really can't live without the coptering, I'd say Tranquil Cleave is the best. 

Valid, but for many it would be extremely boring without a stance as well. For efficiency-oriented people however, that is something to keep in mind.

Efficient people pick Dakra Prime or Dual Ichor

or scindo prime too

Edited by Sygnano

Efficient people pick Dakra Prime or Dual Ichor

Pretty much my feelings on the subject.

If I actually took my Nikana out and used the combos I'd consider Blind Justice, but BJ nukes mobility and I usually only use quick attacks anyway. For quick attacks your best bet is Decisive Judgement.

Blind justice is not a good stance, people are blinded by its flashy combos.

It awkwardly misses most targets, makes sliding slash extremely hard because of the reverse grip.It feels fast but you dont hit enemies most of the time.

Even tho i use blind justice and decisive judgement.

I have to admit the most reliable one is the Tranquil Cleave