Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Your Opinion, Best Nikana Stance

(PSN)Spooky_Intention

Blind justice is not a good stance, people are blinded by its flashy combos.

It awkwardly misses most targets, makes sliding slash extremely hard because of the reverse grip.It feels fast but you dont hit enemies most of the time.

Even tho i use blind justice and decisive judgement.

I have to admit the most reliable one is the Tranquil Cleave

Interesting take, thank you!

I personally like the strong, methodical swings of decisive judgment. It's not overly flashy, and it just emanates the honorable samurai style. Strength mixed in with technique.

I tried blind justice for awhile, but I really don't like the range penalty, because I often found myself chasing backpedaling enemies. Tranquil cleave has that "ninja" feel to it, but there's just some animations I can't stand to look at. Mostly that one repeated stabbing animation on one of the combos. It looks like you'd break it.

Blind justice is not a good stance, people are blinded by its flashy combos.

It awkwardly misses most targets, makes sliding slash extremely hard because of the reverse grip.It feels fast but you dont hit enemies most of the time.

Even tho i use blind justice and decisive judgement.

I have to admit the most reliable one is the Tranquil Cleave

True. Primed Reach get rid of most of these issues, but takes a mod slot and some resources.

Tranquil cleave is what I use. The block combo is good and overall the stance is just useful in all situations. Decisive judgement sometimes has too much aoe where you can't control the combos as well as I would like. Blind justice is just hard to use it seemed like I missed more than hit vs groups. Maybe I should try blind justice again with a reach mod though to see if it is any better. 

It's extremely boring to play. As soon as targets get a little resiliant, your 1-2 combo won't be enough and you'll want to have those "unnecessary combos" which actually do quite good against crowds. All stances have simple 1-2-3-4 combos you can execute without any difficulty and being stuck in a combo. I don't consider fighting lvl 13 chargers is a proper demonstration of why people should forgoe stances on Nikana, especially when you factor in the additional mod capacity.

There is no doubt that Dragon Nikana has the raw strength to toy with high lvl enemies.

The video was meant to demonstrate the 3 things (speed, accuracy, no combo queues) I pointed out in my post and not its strength.

Slide dashing and one-two slashing is more safe than utilising the stance-combo's.

At least, that's what I've experienced so far in my T4S 1 hour runs.

Personally, I have a lot more fun playing without the stance. Perhapse it has to do with my playstyle.

Either way, saying that it's boring is rather subjective.

Blind Justice is well, not something i'd use. I'm a samurai, not a friggin shinobi. Therefor i enjoy Decesive Judgment the most. I use them all but for really hard striking i'd use Tranquil Cleave.

Blind Justice = fun and a slash dash.

Decesive Judgment = heavy damage.

Tranquil Cleave = massive utility.

This pretty much works this way for me.

I really like the animations on blind justice.  TBH it feels less effective but that is a seat of the pants estimate vs tranquil cleave.

On a side note: quick melee on a dakra < d. Nikana.  Where the dakra shines is in utilizing the crimson dervish combos.  Most of the time I want to use quick melee, in support of my primary, and having a higher base damage helps that. Add in brutal slide damage, and you have an awesome backup weapon vs a main weapon that needs to be equipped to do 'normal' damage.

Tranquil Cleave is one handed

Decisive Judgement is two handed

Blind Justice is reverse grip

Reverse-grip is awesome. I sometimes try to copy the combos in real life and realize how embarrassing it is.

Edited by Cellix1

I've got all 3 stances and I can tell you that Dragon Nikana is the most efficient without a stance.

The one-two slash of the default (no-stance) is its best combo.

Made a video demonstrating Dragon Nikana without a stance:

It's fast, accurate without unnecessary mobility combo's and you don't get queued in a combo, having to wait for it to finish before moving on to your next target.

Guess i have to forma my nikana to use all mods without a stance.

No seriously, Dragon Nikana's stance all feel clumsy and akward, since I prefer my blade drawn and not in sheath just for the sake of coolness.

I don't use this much but I hate Blind Justice since I only do quick Melee with it.

Remember kids, only go full melee with Crimson Dervish and Cleaving Whirlwind.

Does Prime Reach affect BJ's Dash move hitbox? Like does the mod let you kill stuff that are just out of reach once your dash ends?

If it does, is it just a straight line increase or is it like a 360 degree round improvement? For example can I hit stuff slightly to my left or right of my Dikana at the end of the dash?

Remember kids, only go full melee with Crimson Dervish and Cleaving Whirlwind.

From my personal experience, after having run melee only since Damage 2.0 (U11), I'd have to disagree.

T3S 1 hour run with Orthos Prime.

7UiOV0E.png

Best melee weapon is Orthos Prime. (Haven't tested Tonbo yet).

Also, whenever I want an easy solo melee run of +40min on ODS, I go Kogake (Brutal Tide).

Also, whenever I want an easy solo melee run of +40min on ODS, I go Kogake (Brutal Tide).

Ugh, I don't know why, I can't stand Brutal Tide, the rooting animations get me killed too often. Grim Fury is my go-to for Kogake, I may have forma'ed them quite a lot to make use of it. >.>