Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Nerf Capture Targets With Certain Weapons?

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I'm a solo player, and I'm a Rank 18 and I usually would not complain about difficulty but I just ran a T4 capture alone and went up against a Corpus Capture target with a sniper and he one shotted me each and every time, I burned all my revives I couldn't even stand up, clearly that is an issue when I have 1200 shields and 600 health and iron skin on.

Nothing in the game can survive that shot.  

I also think the capture animation should be allowed to be let go of sooner in solo play, its annoying that I ordinarily only ever die because I'm forced to be helpless for 10 seconds.  

There is hard and then there is cheaty, this is the latter.    

I get stealth is an option but its not always the most fun way of doing things.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I'm a solo player, and I'm a Rank 18 and I usually would not complain about difficulty but I just ran a T4 capture alone and went up against a Corpus Capture target with a sniper and he one shotted me each and every time, I burned all my revives I couldn't even stand up, clearly that is an issue when I have 1200 shields and 600 health and iron skin on.

Nothing in the game can survive that shot.  

I also think the capture animation should be allowed to be let go of sooner in solo play, its annoying that I ordinarily only ever die because I'm forced to be helpless for 10 seconds.  

There is hard and then there is cheaty, this is the latter.    

I get stealth is an option but its not always the most fun way of doing things.  

I mean, it's a Capture... You really run in front of every person's bullet to nab a target?

What.

Okay, guess it makes sense. 

Guess I've had too much internet for today.

I hate to say this as I am a Rhino fan...

Do Not trust Iron Skin to save you from damage.... It's been a fairly fickle form of defense since Damage 2.0, I only trust IS to help me avoid most status attacks and clutch revives at this point.

In a perfect world, DE would give us back quick blocking for instances like you've described... Since the world isn't perfect,  I tend to take Capture targets out from long range whenever possible. 

My reasoning behind that is that I am never entirely sure what type of damage they'll do when I get close and I don't want to run face first into Miter blades or Ogris rockets.

Valkyr can take it, and she's my main capture frame for that reason in particular. Barring that though, I have noticed my 'average frames', even Excalibur getting 1shotted if I'm not careful with LoS while chasing a target. Ash 1100 hp has been crippled down to 473 at once just today when I was testing.

Capture target can actually kill?

This is news to me.

Trust me, its news to me too, I never have this issue which is why I deem it an issue... he dealt like what over 2000 damage in a single shot, being I didn't expect him to be a God I didn't even have time to get a stomp off.  I guess I've never faced Spideman with a Lanka before.  

I regularly run T4 Caps, I have a massive stock and have played 100s of them in the last 2 months, this has never happened.  That sniper is unreal.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

what, you don't like getting shot by a Lanka, Kraken, or Miter?

:p

on a more serious note - i don't usually get rekt by Capture Targets, but the multiplied Damage in Void IV certainly exacerbates any issues with Capture Targets.

i would say some of the Weapons that Capture Targets have are mildly frightening, most definitely.

though, the Accuracy Changes should affect Capture Targets as well, and that should... solve that, right?