Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Ol Frosty He Deserves Better :)

(PSN)Mofojokers

I use all warframes i can and i love there abilities but i have recently started on frost. First he was good but i started to see that compared to others he lacks a little. But he is becoming my favorite warframe so i thought i would put some ideas here and see what people think.

His first ability

Love the whole freeze the enemy thing but does not feel worth the power to use. Then again most first abilities dont lol.

His snow globe

I love this ability it lets him help the party out. But why does it have health and a timer what about one or the other?.

His "line of ice"

Mmmm yeah not really worth while inless all the enemies want to pile in a line. Why not make it more of a cone effect?.

His ultimate ability

I cant put my finger on it but does this ability sit well with people?. Compared to other ultimate abilities it is definitely not worth it. Why not take away the damage side of things and make it a mass freeze. Think nova ultimate but they dont go bang they freeze solid for x amount of time in a large radius.

Also i would like to add why does frost get slown down by the frost tiles in the void?. It drives me nuts poor old frosty cant handle the cold?.

To sum it up

First ability

Why not change this to a more cc style let him freeze targets around him for x amount of time and not broken by a simple sneeze lol.

Snow globe

Take away the health and leave the timer. Its just a good shield to help yours allies out.

The silly "line of ice"

Simply change it to a cone effect other wise its fine

The ultimate

Probably one of the worst abilities i have seen yet next to that psychic bolt one lol. Simply make it more like novas ultimate large radius no damage but when the enemy dies he freezes all nearby for x amount of time.

Also increase the amount of damage they take before breaking the freeze. It feels like if i sneezed on them it would break lol.

Also id love to see it changed so frost is not affected by the frost tiles in the void. The idea of frost not been able to handle the cold is funny but sad.

As well i think they should let frost move faster while in snow globe and ice effects. Or buff his armor and stamina to make up for it lol.

Anyway food for thought any input would be great. :D

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

Freeze should have a small range that freeze all enemies in its range.

Ice Wave is OK for me. But seriously it have more range than it looks like it doesnt scale in width. But its preety cool skill.

Snow Globe was OP. But it should be bigger to make it more powerfull. To slow down enemiesnear him in a decent range.

Avalanche its bad. Just making damage nothing at all. It should Freeze all enemies for 6 seconds like before bug fix. It could not make any damage to them but then they should get double damage (For example in 5 seconds they got 12k damage so after 6 seconds when unfreeze they get another 12k damage)

But we need to wait for Augment mods :/. But Freeze seriously need buff. Using Nyx Mind control is a lot better it destroys freeze in all the way. Enemy is stunned then fight on your side, while you can just shot him several tiems and just press again 1 to kill him. Freeze, stop enemy from attacking if he takes 300 damage which is nothing, freeze will stop work, DA FUQ? Its useless as hell. Mind Controlled enemy can take infinite damage.

And yes Warframe is a really weird game. Frost master of cold can slow down enemies in a small medium range. While Nova is Slowing down enemies in a Huge AoE and they move even more slowly than Frost can do and Nova detonate them +doing double damage to them. DEVS LOGIC and Game Balance.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Freeze should have a small range that freeze all enemies in its range.

Ice Wave is OK for me. But seriously it have more range than it looks like it doesnt scale in width. But its preety cool skill.

Snow Globe was OP. But it should be bigger to make it more powerfull. To slow down enemiesnear him in a decent range.

Avalanche its bad. Just making damage nothing at all. It should Freeze all enemies for 6 seconds like before bug fix. It could not make any damage to them but then they should get double damage (For example in 5 seconds they got 12k damage so after 6 seconds when unfreeze they get another 12k damage)

But we need to wait for Augment mods :/. But Freeze seriously need buff. Using Nyx Mind control is a lot better it destroys freeze in all the way. Enemy is stunned then fight on your side, while you can just shot him several tiems and just press again 1 to kill him. Freeze, stop enemy from attacking if he takes 300 damage which is nothing, freeze will stop work, DA FUQ? Its useless as hell. Mind Controlled enemy can take infinite damage.

And yes Warframe is a really weird game. Frost master of cold can slow down enemies in a small medium range. While Nova is Slowing down enemies in a Huge AoE and they move even more slowly than Frost can do and Nova detonate them +doing double damage to them. DEVS LOGIC and Game Balance.

Agreed to all lol i mean i love all the frames. Nothing better than trying a new frame and going wow. But i want to love frost but its better if i bring nova prime over him. I mean snow globe cannot be moved, ulti is terrible, ice wave is meh , first ability is sok but if you sneeze you break it. So i do think warframes should be on some what equal grounds.

Snow globe with no health is super OP, one globe every minute... 4 sec invulnerability is quite balanced. If ice wave was cone based, with max range, it might be glorious CC but that would mean a buff is also needed for Avalanche. As for his first, I've seen its usefulness against t4 heavy gunners when I need them to stop firing so I can kill trash for a moment. Also, going solo, energy doesn't grow on trees.

Snow globe with no health is super OP, one globe every minute... 4 sec invulnerability is quite balanced. If ice wave was cone based, with max range, it might be glorious CC but that would mean a buff is also needed for Avalanche. As for his first, I've seen its usefulness against t4 heavy gunners when I need them to stop firing so I can kill trash for a moment. Also, going solo, energy doesn't grow on trees.

I dont mind if they dropped the 4 secs but removed the health. I use it to keep units away from the ranged like mesa while i do my melee thing lol.

Edit: or change the 4 secs for damage reduction inside the globe.

the only reason they changed snowglobe to health and a timer was do to a noob player placing snowglobe in defence and just going to make a sandwich due to the long timer it had it was never op multiple enemies could kill globe while still inside and the amount of enemies that can get inside

it needs the timer gone and a cap of 4 globes at a time additional then any added globes gets rid of the first. on cast freezes enemies inside then any that enter are slowed

Nice to see more threads about our Winter Warrior. He's not in a good place right now, and we need to be sure DE knows of this. Thank you (:

Well i have tried many frames and he is by far the best i have played. He just needs some love lol but its not one ability that needs work all of them are behind most frames.