Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays In The Future

SoulDust

I believe that relays are one of the best additions warframe has had in awhile. It gives somewhat of a social aspect in the game because we all know in wf sometimes space can get really lonely. I'm sure there will be more content added into the relays in the future, but what are some of the things you'd like to see?

I Kind of wish that there was just one big really that everyone could go to. Maybe in it's own node like the void and dojo's are. So everyone could be in spot and the trader wouldn't be locked off to some players because he's in a node they haven't unlocked and whatnot. It'd also be nice to have more social features like clan options and personal options like stores warehouses and stuff like that so you don't have to exit to your liset and etc. I'd also like to see them make it look more towards a void tileset than the doom and gloom grey setting it currently has.

What are some things you'd like to see in the future for the tenno relays?

I think there needs to be just one giant relay as well. It would allow newer players to check out late game players more easily and get excited after seeing some of the frames / weapons they can obtain later in the game.

I'd also like to see something we can interact with inside the relays that have to do with clans. It could be used to see all the clans currently recruiting and allow players to apply for some of the clans with it.

Something else i'd like to see is a type of bulletin board where you can post a lfg post on to it with description of what mission you plan to run and players can use it to apply to your party. It could contain a search feature that lets players search through all the posts for specific missions. The post only stays on the board if you are within the relay.

Something else that would be cool is a "library" of some sort where tenno can go in and use terminals to read up on some of the lore in the game (maybe just make it act like the codex)

Here's what I know from Devstreams. 

*Relays will be "progressive": Meaning that the Mercury relay will look pretty much like it is now. But any new relays will look different in layout. Larunda (Mercury) is considered "Tier 1", with a very "transit hub" feel to it. I can imagine the other relays having different feels. Maybe influenced by the syndicates. So I would imagine seeing relays that are more like combat stations. Others that are more void-like. 

*Relays will have "clan rooms". For a week, a clan can "own" a room in the dojo, much like the syndicates currently own. Who gets the room is determined by some metric of what clan did best at some events that took place at the time. A bit vague, but it was confirmed that a clan can own one room in one relay. So if you have a clan room on Saturn, someone else has one on Mercury and Pluto. This room is for ePeen waving and for recruiting. 

*There will be "neutral" syndicates. PvP and PvE syndicates were teased in the last Devstream. 

Relays are a pretty easy and natural way for people to socialize and check out other fancy bling people. I wouldn't be surprised if duel rooms are included along with trading. I wouldn't be surprised if most every feature found in your lisete and dojo finds its way to the Relay. With crafting and research labs being exceptions. 

I'm just hoping Relays don't make Dojos completely obsolete. 

If I had to guess, I would say:

Trading.

PvP.

A Maid Cafe

The ability to set Relays as your "spawn point" for both when you log on, and when you extract from missions. Dojos could be a choice too.

Maybe that desired "Auction House".

Clan Recruiting areas.

A giant plasma screen TV that you can use to invade the privacy of other Tenno with by using it's spectate function. (Kidding)

I'm sure other things will be added as well. 

Here's what I know from Devstreams. 

*Relays will be "progressive": Meaning that the Mercury relay will look pretty much like it is now. But any new relays will look different in layout. Larunda (Mercury) is considered "Tier 1", with a very "transit hub" feel to it. I can imagine the other relays having different feels. Maybe influenced by the syndicates. So I would imagine seeing relays that are more like combat stations. Others that are more void-like. 

*Relays will have "clan rooms". For a week, a clan can "own" a room in the dojo, much like the syndicates currently own. Who gets the room is determined by some metric of what clan did best at some events that took place at the time. A bit vague, but it was confirmed that a clan can own one room in one relay. So if you have a clan room on Saturn, someone else has one on Mercury and Pluto. This room is for ePeen waving and for recruiting. 

*There will be "neutral" syndicates. PvP and PvE syndicates were teased in the last Devstream. 

Relays are a pretty easy and natural way for people to socialize and check out other fancy bling people. I wouldn't be surprised if duel rooms are included along with trading. I wouldn't be surprised if most every feature found in your lisete and dojo finds its way to the Relay. With crafting and research labs being exceptions. 

I'm just hoping Relays don't make Dojos completely obsolete. 

huh very inreasting, and yeah I hope there will be more rooms added into the Dojo for this next update, didn't see anything in Devstreams or so, but maybe get teased in the Tenno Live.