Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinner Maniac: More Single Sided Designs?

SandwitchPrime

Wait wait, since when did the manic have CC? CC means crowd control right? Or am I gettin' my terminology messed up. 

Besides, we know what he does and his model. We've seen it before. His attack will be that he pounces on you, and because I'm very optimistic, I'll go ahead and say that DE will learn from the mistake of the nervos and give us a way of kicking him off. 

"CC" used for any disabling effects (or partial disables like slows), they don't need to be for actual crowds. Blame MOBAs I guess.

If he jumps on you, it doesn't matter if you can knock him off (which you should be able to), what matters is you are now on the ground, vulnerable to enemy fire and to -very likely- other effects (for example WF's beloved chain stuns that have never been removed).

"CC" used for any disabling effects (or partial disables like slows), they don't need to be for actual crowds. Blame MOBAs I guess.

If he jumps on you, it doesn't matter if you can knock him off (which you should be able to), what matters is you are now on the ground, vulnerable to enemy fire and to -very likely- other effects (for example WF's beloved chain stuns that have never been removed).

Ah I see, guess this just proves my inability to keep up with terminology. Hell, last time I asked for a meaning behind a term, I got insulted.

And yeah, I can actually see the problem with that. The scorpion chains never actually inconvenient me that much.

Sooo a enemy that forces us to pay attention and you think that's a bad idea.... We already have one for Infested (tar Mao) and Corpus (nullifier) its greneer's turn.

Edit: I can already see you guys saying the stun will make the gameplay impossible. You said that about Tar Maos, and Nullifiers. >.>

All they have done is make gameplay much harder. AKA what we have asked so please don't complain about this enemy before its out. Even if he turns out the way you are all scared of that will just force you to single them out or be destroyed.

I want their to be more unfair enemies. We are OP, they are UP. They need more merits on their side. So the best course of action is to give them more. Greneer Maniac will force you guys to pay attention and see what your shooting rather then just running around mowing down grunts.

Edited by Feallike

Sooo a enemy that forces us to pay attention and you think that's a bad idea.... We already have one for Infested (tar Mao) and Corpus (nullifier) its greneer's turn.

Edit: I can already see you guys saying the stun will make the gameplay impossible. You said that about Tar Maos, and Nullifiers. >.>

All they have done is make gameplay much harder. AKA what we have asked so please don't complain about this enemy before its out. Even if he turns out the way you are all scared of that will just force you to single them out or be destroyed.

I want their to be more unfair enemies. We are OP, they are UP. They need more merits on their side. So the best course of action is to give them more. Greneer Maniac will force you guys to pay attention and see what your shooting rather then just running around mowing down grunts.

pay attention?PAY ATTENTION! This game spawns enemies like bloody dynasty warriors and we have to PAY ATTENTION to each and everyone of the sods? in a well designed game, you will either have more enemies but weaker, or less but stronger, not both,never both. 

do note, what people asked for is endgame content, NOT harder enemies, there is a fine line between the two.

when the maniac is out as a regular unit and spwans 20 of the sods at a time, and your superhuman focus and attention have to give in, i just wanna say i called it.

THEY ARE UP? UP?! really?

first of all enemies in a PVE game should be designed to be defeated, one way or another, not ultimate undying killing machines, and second, WHEN THEY CAN BLOW YOUR FACE OFF WITH A SINGLE BULLET, THAT'S NOT WHAT I CALL UP!

Edited by SandwitchPrime

Incorrect, DE could instead choose to flatten the power fluctuations between various systems. DE has not chosen to do so because, they are afraid that taking things away will destroy player investment. As long as DE is fair about what they change, most of us will not begrudge them.   

pay attention?PAY ATTENTION! This game spawns enemies like bloody dynasty warriors and we have to PAY ATTENTION to each and everyone of the sods? in a well designed game, you will either have more enemies but weaker, or less but stronger, not both,never both. 

do note, what people asked for is endgame content, NOT harder enemies, there is a fine line between the two.

when the maniac is out as a regular unit and spwans 20 of the sods at a time, and your superhuman focus and attention have to give in, i just wanna say i called it.

THEY ARE UP? UP?! really?

first of all enemies in a PVE game should be designed to be defeated, one way or another, not ultimate undying killing machines, and second, WHEN THEY CAN BLOW YOUR FACE OFF WITH A SINGLE BULLET, THAT'S NOT WHAT I CALL UP!

I do not believe adding the Manic Grineer will cause the player to pay attention more often. In addition your separation of more weaker enemies and fewer stronger enemies obscures the continuum between the two scenarios. Finally, enemies should be designed in such a way that affecting them is possible but defeating enemies should not necessarily guaranteed.

Incorrect, DE could instead choose to flatten the power fluctuations between various systems. DE has not chosen to do so because, they are afraid that taking things away will destroy player investment. As long as DE is fair about what they change, most of us will not begrudge them.   

I do not believe adding the Manic Grineer will cause the player to pay attention more often. In addition your separation of more weaker enemies and fewer stronger enemies obscures the continuum between the two scenarios. Finally, enemies should be designed in such a way that affecting them is possible but defeating enemies should not necessarily guaranteed.

what i meant was

"you either have ALL your enemies weaker but in great numbers" e.g dynasty warriors

"or you have ALL your enemies stronger but spawns less"e.g dark souls

jesus im gonna fail english.

spawning enemies with the strength of darksouls and number of dynasty warrirors just isn;t gonna work out.

again i repeat things i posted before, WF is lacking counter play, and it seems DE haven't realized that yet, which is sad, because counter play is the core of combat. lethal, unpredictable and unavoidable attacks are not what makes good enemy designs, [looking at you snipers]and from the nature of the maniac, he'll likely be having these attacks.

of course some enemies are great, such as the drahk master. potentially lethal yet avoidable attacks, interesting mechanics, and requires a certain amount of focus.

then again, considering so many bad designs DE made before, i doubt the maniac would be much of a delightful addition.

You're basing this on what exactly? You haven't even seen the attack in full.

Neither have you,how can you be so sure that he isnt right.

I really dont like such arguments, he is just as right and wrong as you are.

1 thing however we should all know, if something launches it really needs a huge backlash to be changed, otherwise its set in stone for another 6 or more months.

Edited by Davoodoo

It's too soon to whine. Maybe you can't keep an eye out for a specific enemy, but grineer are not infested, their enemies are easier to follow and to find priority targets. I'll go ahead and make an informed opinion once I have played against them. This thread is kind of like much ado about nothing.

do note that it is mentioned that they are going to be hiding and perform sneak attacks.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that DE wont go down the road of the Nervos and make the Manic's as OP as the nervos were.

Well, now that the manic is out of his cage - I wish you'd been right with this. But after one of those invisible bastards ate all of my four revives in a single mission (and I just wanted to say hi to Kela again) ... I don't know, man. This is just madness.

I can already see you guys saying the stun will make the gameplay impossible. You said that about Tar Maos, and Nullifiers.

If it was just a stun ... but that guy will sit on your chest, claw away your face until you're dead and all you (viz. the player) can do is watch your helpless warframe being shredded. With absolutely NO option to get him off again - which is an absolute no-go for solo runs.

Edited by Bibliothekar