The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Shield Transference, Obstructed View

(PSN)Gilead09

I haven't found any complaint about it so far... so here are my 5 cents.

We've just received Shield Transference on PS4 and I love it. Overshield is super useful and Mag is back again on my list of frames of choice. BUT the visible spherical energy bubble obstructs the view, so much that unfortunately it is really hard to play (it stretches nearly to the center of the screen).

Why is it still a bubble, when in reality the mechanics behind Shield Transference are different now. As I understand previously it was an energy field that protected mag, but parts of body outside of that field were not protected. It is not functioning this way anymore and the bubble is not needed - I can clearly see my overshield value on the screen in right top corner, please remove this bubble effect.

Thank you!

Appreciate your help, but FOV? On PS4? Is there such option in Warframe? Anyway, FOV is fine for me anywhere else - bubble is not.

As for changing energy color, if I need to change that in order to see anything, then design is somewhat weird. I do not mind color, it's blur of the bubble that make this obstruction. Blur can't be changed by change of color.

Edited by (PS4)Gilead09

The bubble has been removed, but the change hasn't gone public yet.  You'll be seeing it in a future update.

Sorry, but I don't see why jumping straight to removal needs to happen. Couldn't the model be "removed" while aiming instead? I quite liked having the bubble around her as a visual as to if I have my shield up rather than needing to focus on my health and shields constantly.

Yeah, FoV is definitely an option in warframe!  The higher you have it, the more of your frame / your surroundings you can see.  I prefer it about 75-80% full for absolutely everything.  

I also would like to be able to see some sort of effect, I don't care if the bubble stays or not, but something visual would be great!

Sorry, but I don't see why jumping straight to removal needs to happen. Couldn't the model be "removed" while aiming instead? I quite liked having the bubble around her as a visual as to if I have my shield up rather than needing to focus on my health and shields constantly.

Agreed. It's a nice bit of visual flair, on top of the functional benefit of having a second shield reserve indicator. I wouldn't even mind a different visual, but there are other ways to handle this matter other than a straight-up dismissal. 

Thank you kindly, Vaen!

Maybe as some other suggested something visual might be nice, but as with overcharge on other frames - do they have any additional effect there when overcharge is in effect (sorry, I am noob in this - I have yet to use overcharge on any other frame)? Why Mag should have it? I was more distracted by that bubble than enjoying it.

The bubble has been removed, but the change hasn't gone public yet.  You'll be seeing it in a future update.

Thank you so much!  I never liked the bubble.  It never looked like it fitted right.

I think it should be part of your energy color this way, like Snow Globe, you can control visibility. I have my color for my Snow Globe a very dark blue which makes seeing out of it easier, maybe they can do the same for Mags bubble?

The issue I have with that is that energy colour actually makes quite a difference to Mag's appearance as it affects the swirls on her helmet.  I used to use a bright red on black to have the swirls really noticeable but had to go for a darker colour so I could actually see past my bubble.  Now I'll be able to restore the appearance I want without compromising my ability to aim.

This is exactly my issue when it comes to Warframe and how changes get implemented. A small fraction of the population complains about something, and it drastically gets changes barring any other feelings towards it. What if people like the bubble? I like the bubble.. can I keep it? LIke wth man. 

I would prefer this solution.  I like the look of the bubble.

The issue is the augment now boosts your overshields (where previously it was an actual shield), which has multiple sources in the game...so you could gain, and lose, your bubble while still having overshields on your characters which would be visually inconsistent.  Instead I added a bit of flair to the casting effect if you have the augment installed.

(This change was made well before this topic popped up btw, and as always, I'm open to feedback)

The issue is the augment now boosts your overshields (where previously it was an actual shield), which has multiple sources in the game...so you could gain, and lose, your bubble while still having overshields on your characters which would be visually inconsistent.  Instead I added a bit of flair to the casting effect if you have the augment installed.

(This change was made well before this topic popped up btw, and as always, I'm open to feedback)

Ahh okay. It's sad to see the bubble go, you know? It adds to this illusion of extra safety.

Why not just make all overshields generate a bubble, with the upped transparency(which is apparently needed), so that there's a visual feedback on the character itself that it exists?

Hmmm, I admit that the bubble did get in the way at times, but I did enjoy the flair. It was a cool way to identify a tanky mag.

It did look a little sloppy with its oval shape. I wish there was a way to keep a visual indicator though, as annoying as it was at times- I never really complained because it liked the idea of it.

My suggestion would be a more transparent energy looking texture, or maybe only make the bubble show up/darken when she takes damage. Sort of like how shields look in space fiction movies.

At least give her a shattershield-esque glow or something. It will be terribly boring if there was NO indicator at all.

Edited by Hypernaut1

• 4 weeks later...

Why can't it just be an On/Off option in display settings? Why did it have to be outright removed?

A lot of people are arguing that there's no point in having it there in the first place because other overshields don't have a visual effect so why should Mags? Well the answer is simple - it's already an augment for her, allowing her to do something she normally can't do, so why can't it also give her a cool visual effect?

Mag is very lackluster in general when it comes to visual effects. She doesn't have many parts on her body that glow with her selected energy colour, and most of her abilities have very lackluster lighting and particle effects compared to that of some other frames.

There have been a lot of great suggestions in this thread as to how to improve visibility with the bubble but I think ultimately just having it as an on/off option under display settings would fix everything - if people don't like it they can turn it off - for the people that do like it, they are smart enough to choose a light or dark enough energy colour for her to make the bubble mostly transparent.

I personally used the darkest red in the Valentines day colour pack for her energy and this made the entirety of the bubble mostly transparent while just making the edge/curvature have a slightly dark red tint to it - it wasn't impeding at all (LIKE NOT EVEN REMOTELY) when I aimed and still made her look really awesome.

Taking it out of the game entirely is only the easiest solution that requires the least amount of work. But obviously not everyone is happy about this decision.

Instead you could have just added a toggle for it under display options so that in the mean time while you figure out how to properly rework its visibility, the people who want it can still use it and the people who don't want it can turn it off.

I'll be frank, I've been playing Waframe for like just a little over a month now. I've been playing Mag since day one, only upgrading to Mag Prime and still totally ignoring other frames. I didn't even know about shield transference until about a week before U16 when I saw a much higher mastery player playing Mag who had this bubble around him. I was astonished by it and when he told me what it was I rushed to get it myself. Long story short, I ONLY GOT ST BECAUSE OF THE BUBBLE - I DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE OVERSHIELD AT THE TIME. The bubble and the ability to change its colour goes a very long way as far as customizing the look of your frame goes. Then all of a sudden U16 comes along and poof its gone. I got to enjoy my bubble for all but a few days.

Edited by Verdegrand

So, was it removed or not? Because the bubble is still visible and it is unfortunately still obstructing the view.

I can understand some reasoning for letting it stay, but really it is hard to see what is going on on the left bottom side of the screen when aiming. I would love to have an option to disable this effect (and I've tweaked FOV, so this has been done, it's better now but not perfect).

So, was it removed or not? Because the bubble is still visible and it is unfortunately still obstructing the view.

I can understand some reasoning for letting it stay, but really it is hard to see what is going on on the left bottom side of the screen when aiming. I would love to have an option to disable this effect (and I've tweaked FOV, so this has been done, it's better now but not perfect).

It was removed on PC with U16 - you console peasants are still lucky enough to have it because you don't have U16 yet.