Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Statistics

J-Pax

Yes, he's explained his errors many times.  It doesn't make them correct.

He doesn't need to make them correct, so long as they are understood.

Hes using the common MMORPG term rather than the mathematical term. Guess which is more relevant (and thus correct)?

there is no point to continue listing to your annoying contarian bs. we all get that you dont like the way j-rex has set up his sheet, the thing is you could have just disagreed and left.

if only the community wasn't crud , we could just down vote you

He doesn't need to make them correct, so long as they are understood.

Hes using the common MMORPG term rather than the mathematical term. Guess which is more relevant (and thus correct)?

It was common to believe the earth was flat.  Now we know it's round.  Guess which is more relevant and correct.

I don't get the Crit Chance on the 2. file.

Braton Mk-1

Rank 0: 1.74%

Rank 5-10: 10.47%

This is an increase of: 601.72 %

Which mod gives you +601.72% crit chance?

Which cell + sheet name in particular? There's a lot of Braton Mk-1 info relating to crit :P

EDIT: Found the cell you're referencing - Sheet "Harsh" Cells J6-J17. That information is the singular DPM increase of that card in particular per rank in percent. Because it's maximum rank is 5, rank 5-10 are the same values so that it's easier on my eyes, maybe not anyone else's, to score up the card real estate in the following table. (Before anyone says anything else, I have accounted for the fact it's card cost doesn't increase past rank 5). The table underneath shows it's contribution to DPM per point. I'll be extending these tables to include other cards in tandem, like crit chance + crit damage, or multiple elemental mods.

Edited by J-Pax

I didn't explain my errors, I provided you with a key. My advice - use it. This information is all relevant to something, be it a situation or otherwise - all information should be applied to a situation otherwise the information itself is pointless. Just because you can't accept my key and prefer to argue does not make you right in terms of my information and it's labelling.

I'm not going to change my field title for DPS to "AVERAGE DPS PER CLIP SO LONG AS YOU DON'T RELOAD BECAUSE THEPRESIDENT777 IS CONSTANTLY FILLING MY THREAD WITH ROUNDABOUT ARGUMENTS" because it's going to make the layout of my tables even more difficult to read. I'd have to merge at least a few cells.

Edited by J-Pax

Hey J-PAX, thx for the awesome work, keep it up!

What happened to the "Card Buffed" Grakata DPS value? It's 10 times lower than anything.

I actually don't know what you mean, it sits near the top of the DPM list, just shy of the Gorgon.

I didn't explain my errors, I provided you with a key. My advice - use it. This information is all relevant to something, be it a situation or otherwise - all information should be applied to a situation otherwise the information itself is pointless. Just because you can't accept my key and prefer to argue does not make you right in terms of my information and it's labelling.

I'm not going to change my field title for DPS to "AVERAGE DPS PER CLIP SO LONG AS YOU DON'T RELOAD BECAUSE THEPRESIDENT777 IS CONSTANTLY FILLING MY THREAD WITH ROUNDABOUT ARGUMENTS A HARPY BASTARD cockberg pinko hippy bastard" because it's going to make the layout of my tables even more difficult to read. I'd have to merge at least a few cells.

=\ you could totally put that as an annotation at the top

* also fixed

* more fixed

Edited by Geuax

I just had a look at your work and i have 2 questions:

1) Since it's in a white field i assume latron's 15% crit chance it's confirmed? Dunno, running one with +100% Crit chance and really doesn't feel like a 30% total....

2) Are you sure on your math behind crits? I always tought crits where at a baseline +50% damage (barring exceptions) but in your Average DPS you are counting both dps (100% shots non crit) and Crit damage (DPS x crit chance x Crit Multiplier) and you are listing multipliers in a 1.something fashion... thus counting non crit damage 2 times for the same shot...

Ty and thanks for sharing :D

I believe that's the DPS it does over those time intervals INCLUDING when it runs out of ammo entirely.

The reason it's so low is because the Grakata drains its ammo super duper fast, and so does 0 damage for much of those intervals.

I believe that's the DPS it does over those time intervals INCLUDING when it runs out of ammo entirely.

The reason it's so low is because the Grakata drains its ammo super duper fast, and so does 0 damage for much of those intervals.

Took the words right out of my mouth :)

I just had a look at your work and i have 2 questions:

1) Since it's in a white field i assume latron's 15% crit chance it's confirmed? Dunno, running one with +100% Crit chance and really doesn't feel like a 30% total....

2) Are you sure on your math behind crits? I always tought crits where at a baseline +50% damage (barring exceptions) but in your Average DPS you are counting both dps (100% shots non crit) and Crit damage (DPS x crit chance x Crit Multiplier) and you are listing multipliers in a 1.something fashion... thus counting non crit damage 2 times for the same shot...

Ty and thanks for sharing :D

Yeah, Latron's critical chance was buffed a while back - it's in the weapon update notes. If it's been nerfed again then I have no idea what it really is.

As for criticals, yes the crit multiplier works on crit damage+base damage, as for the other part - I originally had a sneaking suspicion and changed my formula to one with a -1. And you are correct, for some reason when I posted my formula in this thread a bunch of people went WTF ARE YOU DOING IT'S WRONG and in a panic born of sleep deprival hastened to remove it. Fixing it now.

Edit: Lesson learned I guess. If people want to tell me I'm wrong I'll ask them for the maths next time. Mind you it means my formula became a lot simpler.

Edited by J-Pax

I'm not going to change my field title for DPS to "AVERAGE DPS PER CLIP SO LONG AS YOU DON'T RELOAD BECAUSE THEPRESIDENT777 IS CONSTANTLY FILLING MY THREAD WITH ROUNDABOUT ARGUMENTS" because it's going to make the layout of my tables even more difficult to read. I'd have to merge at least a few cells.

The fact that you need a key to understand why simple math does not work in your spread sheet seems is a glaring error.  But, words are just symantics to you.

Edited by ThePresident777

Gah, it's proving really hard to measure jump attack damage. I get odd random values, which I'm assuming is the jump AoE damage and the actual physical contact damage popping up, but it's becoming hard to measure because all the mobs with 0 resistances are dying off of it (at least the common ones I've been using to test).

Many patches ago I tested melee weapons, particularly the Pangolin and Jaw, and eventually Dual Skana.

Unfortunately, since they all had a relatively small aoe on their jumps, I can't really say if one type of damage was the aoe or not.  But they did have what seemed like a more consistent 'primary' damage and then a less consistent 'secondary' damage (always of normal type), that seemed to occur on very close hits and would halve or double based on how precisely it was aimed, though that could have been from headshots, which melee weapons do get at times.  I settled on the Pangolin and Dual Skana doing 35 damage plus a 25 secondary, and the Jaw doing 35 plus a 50 secondary, because the Jaw sword generally had values twice as large as the Pangolins'.  The Amphis did 30 electric damage as its 'primary', and had a 35 secondary that did normal damage.

Also, the dual skana's charge attack would occasionally do 75 rather than 100 damage, when hitting a second or third enemy.  Might be something of a special behavior for dual weapons?  The dual skana also had a surprisingly vertical knockdown attack... Enough to kill nearby ospreys.

Edited by IcarusNine

Also, the dual skana's charge attack would occasionally do 75 rather than 100 damage, when hitting a second or third enemy.  Might be something of a special behavior for dual weapons?  The dual skana also had a surprisingly vertical knockdown attack... Enough to kill nearby ospreys.

Seems like there is a diminishing return when you hit multiple targets. I noticed the same behavior when I tested the Fragor and Scindo with charge attacks. Fragor on two infested chargers, the first hit would always do 200, the second would always do 150.

Many patches ago I tested melee weapons, particularly the Pangolin and Jaw, and eventually Dual Skana.

Unfortunately, since they all had a relatively small aoe on their jumps, I can't really say if one type of damage was the aoe or not.  But they did have what seemed like a more consistent 'primary' damage and then a less consistent 'secondary' damage (always of normal type), that seemed to occur on very close hits and would halve or double based on how precisely it was aimed, though that could have been from headshots, which melee weapons do get at times.  I settled on the Pangolin and Dual Skana doing 35 damage plus a 25 secondary, and the Jaw doing 35 plus a 50 secondary, because the Jaw sword generally had values twice as large as the Pangolins'.  The Amphis did 30 electric damage as its 'primary', and had a 35 secondary that did normal damage.

Seems like there is a diminishing return when you hit multiple targets. I noticed the same behavior when I tested the Fragor and Scindo with charge attacks. Fragor on two infested chargers, the first hit would always do 200, the second would always do 150.

In the end it'll have to bear waiting until U8 hits. I'm hoping the weapon transparency implemented there will be a data mining heaven for me, requiring me not to have to test everything by hand, so to speak, in game.

Thanks for your input though you two, I really do appreciate it :)

Edited by J-Pax

Will you be completing the testing for slide attacks? It's a move I use quite often against enemies, and I'd like to know which particular weapon does this best. From looking at your available data, it seems that there is no one general multiplier of melee damage that translates to slide attack damage. 

Will you be completing the testing for slide attacks? It's a move I use quite often against enemies, and I'd like to know which particular weapon does this best. From looking at your available data, it seems that there is no one general multiplier of melee damage that translates to slide attack damage. 

Yeah it all varies, that way each weapon can be attributed to being good at something that others aren't at. 

Having said that what I *have* recorded implies that dual wield's are the best at slide attack damage, so Dual Skana, Dual Heat Swords and possibly Dual Ether Blades - haven't tested the Ether's so don't hold me to that.

Edit: Oh if someone could test the plasma sword for me and get back to me with the base damage per swing/charge/slide and KD attack I'd be much appreciated. Make sure you test it against mobs like Grineer Sawmen or anything with a shield.

Edited by J-Pax

Having said that what I *have* recorded implies that dual wield's are the best at slide attack damage, so Dual Skana, Dual Heat Swords and possibly Dual Ether Blades - haven't tested the Ether's so don't hold me to that.

Do dual wielding weapons strike twice during individual slide attacks?

Do dual wielding weapons strike twice during individual slide attacks?

Didn't appear to be, what I've recorded came up as a solid number which is why I personally think the numbers are sketchy at best for melee. I mean mobs can die before that 2nd tick of damage from either AoE jump attacks or possibly twice striking slide attacks.