Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Does Not Need Changes, It Is Already Balanced

HibikiGanaha

lock it with high mastery rank (10 or so). Gun nerfed

More like: Lock gun to Tier 4 Void only.

Rank 10 is not high, not even close, but even if, its ridiculous to be ok with a totally gamebreaking weapon as long as the player has experience with the game.

You know, people really shouldn't take "the community agrees this weapon is OP" as gospel. People widely consider Boltor Prime OP and then when DE did a poll they found that the lion's share of responders said nope, it's fine. :\

+1

Theres a reason for the synoid's stat. All syndicate weapons are meant to be abnormally stronger than their normal variants. Except the Ballistica.

Edited by Digidyne017

Just wondering OP, do you know how long 25 meters is in Warframe?

Warframe is still developing and i can almost guarantee you that there will be stronger enemies in the future. Why nerf everything to the ground when you get the chance to? 

If stronger enemies arrive, is it going to be a buff-fest then? I don't think you would want players who prefer older weapons to lose out.

Sure you can rebut by saying use newer weapons, or that there will be no stronger enemies. 

But that'll only mean that T4 is the hardest game mode in the game and that's it forever, which is impossible given warframe an ever-growing game.

The argument of its limited range being a main balancing factor is largely negated, in my book, when you consider weapons like the Spectra and Embolist, both close-range, continuous-fire secondary weapons, require you to not only be considerably closer to your target, but have a mere fraction of the potential damage output, and are generally vastly inferior weapons.

The stats of the Syndicate weapons just vary so wildly across the board. The Secura Dual Cestra got a marginal improvement, as did the Sancti Castanas. Then of course there's the troubled Rakta Ballistica... meanwhile the Gammacor gets more than four times the base damage, four times the status chance, and far-improved ammo efficiency. Its base magnetic damage admittedly hinders its usefulness against alloy armour, but all in all it seems like a terribly un-balanced set of weapons.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Dualice

Err

So are you guys also going to nerf phage?

that thing is equally strong, possibly stronger because of innate viral

Nope, Phage can't even break half of Synoid's potential DPS.

It also has less ammo, less range, freaking long concentration time and stuff.

Edit: Okay just did a quick test, it can break half.

Edited by Rorgal_Sina

You can gladly start by complainig about nullifiers, bombard homing missiles, prime weapons, broken frame abilities(loki disarm, nova molecular prime), clan tech weapons etc.

Nerfing the gammacor is just going to make people like you stop whining before the next nerf victim is found.

There's already means to counteract Nullifiers and Bombards, Prime weapons actually tend to be very well balanced (only potential outlier is Boltor Prime, and some Prime weapons actually need some buffs. Looking at you, Sicarus Prime), frame abilities seem pretty well balanced now, and ... clantech weapons? If anything, those needs a ton of buffs.

People, people.

CHILL.

I'm talking with 4 forma in my Synoid Gammacor and intensive experiments with builds.

DO NOT TRUST WARFRAME BUILDER'S THEORITICAL DPS.

DPS on paper and DPS in action are too different things.

Optimised for max DPS of 48k I'm running out fo ammo pretty fast.

Optimal DPS balanced with performance is a little more than 30-35k, with utility mods.

Range might need a nerf, or falloff starting from mid-range.

Otherwise weapon is fine.

You do realize that 48k is still far more than most other secondaries? Only one that can come close is the Brakk, and that's around 30k (and it's burst, not sustained).

Err

So are you guys also going to nerf phage?

that thing is equally strong, possibly stronger because of innate viral

Phage is a primary, not a secondary.

Edited by Vargras

Nope, Phage can't even break half of Synoid's potential DPS.

It also has less ammo, less range, freaking long concentration time and stuff.

Edit: Okay just did a quick test, it can break half.

It has same range of 25m, less ammo is compensated by very efficient ammo consumption(same level of gammcor)

but I agree the focus time is a bit long, which actually doesn't matter that much

It has same range of 25m, less ammo is compensated by very efficient ammo consumption(same level of gammcor)

but I agree the focus time is a bit long, which actually doesn't matter that much

Soooo, basically Gammacor is better. You can just slap the Viral on Gammacor anyways. The Magnetic is a +, since you don't get to stack Radiation + Magnetic (after four Corrosive Proj.) on many weapons (for void).

And that 30k Burst DPS I got with the Phage is ONLY achievable if you have a Primed Point Blank (Maxed). So nope, Gammacor wins in ease of use and overall damage.

Strangely enough when playing pug the Synoid Gammacor dudes never seem to take the most damage most kills spot even when the entire crew is just running and gunning. HOW CAN THIS BE??????? 

I know you are just being sarcastic, but frame damage and kills factor into those numbers.

More like: Lock gun to Tier 4 Void only.

Rank 10 is not high, not even close, but even if, its ridiculous to be ok with a totally gamebreaking weapon as long as the player has experience with the game.

DE is trying to get people back on the starmap, that solution doesn't make sense.

The argument of its limited range being a main balancing factor is largely negated, in my book, when you consider weapons like the Spectra and Embolist, both close-range, continuous-fire secondary weapons, require you to not only be considerably closer to your target, but have a mere fraction of the potential damage output, and are generally vastly inferior weapons.

The stats of the Syndicate weapons just vary so wildly across the board. The Secura Dual Cestra got a marginal improvement, as did the Sancti Castanas. Then of course there's the troubled Rakta Ballistica... meanwhile the Gammacor gets more than four times the base damage, four times the status chance, and far-improved ammo efficiency. Its base magnetic damage admittedly hinders its usefulness against alloy armour, but all in all it seems like a terribly un-balanced set of weapons.

Just my two cents.

Those both have syndicate mods.  Iirc the embolist got a red veil mod, so don't bother trying to ask for buffs for it since that syndicate proc is seen as super op op by DE. :(

Warframe is still developing and i can almost guarantee you that there will be stronger enemies in the future. Why nerf everything to the ground when you get the chance to? 

If stronger enemies arrive, is it going to be a buff-fest then? I don't think you would want players who prefer older weapons to lose out.

Sure you can rebut by saying use newer weapons, or that there will be no stronger enemies. 

But that'll only mean that T4 is the hardest game mode in the game and that's it forever, which is impossible given warframe an ever-growing game.

Growth doesn't have to be upwards, and new enemies don't have to be statistically stronger to be more dangerous. 

problem with angstrum is 1. its real damage per bullet is less than listed. 2. its damage is much spreaded.

conclusion, it cant really reach 110k burst

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Angstrum has little ammo.

Exactly, just like how the gammacor has down time when things are out of range.  It's a weakness that can't be expressed in DPS calculators.

Edited by HibikiGanaha

You are implying people love the SG more then the actual game itself which is just weird

There is no such implication.  Putting an arbitrary restriction on guns not allowed on the star chart is a bad idea.  Where would you level up the gun after a forma?  I don't think you thought this idea through at all.

Exactly, just like how the gammacor has down time when things are out of range.  It's a weakness that can't be expressed in DPS calculators.

Dude...  ._. ... but the Angstrum has it WAY harder than the Gammacor. I mean, it RUNS out of ammo. Something that the Gammacor doesn't understand. Fully charging it would use up A LOT. Gammacor is really just hold down and mow. And if 25 meters is a problem, imagine what it's like for shotguns.

The gammacor is strong at short range only.  At long ranges, it is really bad.  This is very apparent on Triton excavations with the long hallway and open field tiles.

Sure it has high DPS on paper, but how high is that DPS when you have to spend 2-3 seconds to copter to the group of enemies?  Not only does movement lower the damage output/second, but moving closer to the enemies makes them fire at you.  Most notable is the Detron Crewman of Death.  On excavation specifically, you are spending 2-3 seconds moving away from the extractor; you need to copter back and then copter towards the other place enemies are pouring out to do damage to them.

It is very good within it's range, very bad outside of it's range

I don't understand the point of this post, do you want the Synoid gammacor to have a range increase? because that's not gonna happen. It would just make every other weapon in the game useless in terms of DPS.