The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Make Bombard Rockets Slightly Faster, But With A Larger Turning Radius

wtrmlnjuc

Bombards are easily one of the most annoying enemies in the game, because they're not just a heavy unit, they're a heavy unit with missiles that are extremely well homing (props to the Grineer engineering sector) and controllable. Only weakness? They're slow, ish.

The problem with this is that you can turn a complete 180 through a labyrinth and they will still catch up to you at some point and hit you, causing you to be knocked down, set aflame, and possibly knocked down again depending on how close you are to said bombard. Doesn't reward the ninja style gameplay either, as the slow homing negates that.

My suggestion would be to make the rockets faster, but have a larger turning radius. This would make them easier to dodge and you can make them explode somewhere else when you turn and move more like a ninja. They would have a higher chance of missing, yet  they would still be a threat if you don't move.

Rockets that are faster with their current turning radius would naturally be less accurate as they would have less time to turn the same distance. 

Therefore, increasing the turning radius and increasing speed would ultimately make it horrible unless you were standing a few degrees away from it. 

In light of this knowledge, I'm going to say no; Increase the speed and leave the turning radius alone.

Edit: In case people don't understand my example, because I'm horrible at explaining things, think about driving a car.

Doing a sharp 90 degree turn at 5 mph vs doing a sharp 90 degree turn at 20 mph (Please NEVER do this; you could potentially flip the car and get into an accident) 

It's going to be harder to perform the higher speed you go. Because physics. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Rockets that are faster with their current turning radius would naturally be less accurate as they would have less time to turn the same distance. 

Therefore, increasing the turning radius and increasing speed would ultimately make it horrible unless you were standing a few degrees away from it. 

In light of this knowledge, I'm going to say no; Increase the speed and leave the turning radius alone.

Edit: In case people don't understand my example, because I'm horrible at explaining things, think about driving a car.

Doing a sharp 90 degree turn at 5 mph vs doing a sharp 90 degree turn at 20 mph (Please NEVER do this; you could potentially flip the car and get into an accident) 

It's going to be harder to perform the higher speed you go. Because physics. 

Eh, game physics don't act like real physics do. Doing a sharp turn at a higher speed in real life results in inaccuracies. Doing so in a game, results in going in the same path, but faster. Increasing turning radius means that you can avoid it if you're agile, and hopefully it explodes somewhere else along the wall, the floor, or another enemy.

Frankly, I'd rather DE remove the homing and add collision detection so the explosion won't go through solid objects or warframe powers that should be blocking them (Volt Shield for example). They'll still serve the role of area denying unit w/o being nonsensical.

Frankly, I'd rather DE remove the homing and add collision detection so the explosion won't go through solid objects or warframe powers that should be blocking them (Volt Shield for example). They'll still serve the role of area denying unit w/o being nonsensical.

This. Instead of asking for minor tweaks ask for what players want, this. 

A whole lot of this, plus slower fire rate, more visibility on Corrupted Bombard missiles, slightly larger hitboxes so they can be shot down just slightly easier, self-damage and missile collision on their comrades (possibly even friendly fire if the explosion hits one of their comrades).