Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games You Don't Play Anymore? (Off-Topic)

Somedude1000

It's tough to find an answer from me for this, as I always end up returning to my games sooner or later.

Skyrim: I stopped playing about a year ago because of a "challenge" my friend gave me on Skyrim. I accidentally overwrote my only quicksave file, which happened to be the only good save of my main character. A system restore brought back the file, but it reset the progress a bit, and I lost the incentive to play. Only a few days ago have I gotten back into the game.

Payday 2: I took a break off Warframe for a while because of frustration over not being able to connect with my friend. Another friend of mine suggested I try out Payday 2, and I went on a full binge for 5 months. I quit afterwards because I had already reached V-100 and had nothing much left to achieve. Plus, the DLCs were being released at a pace I did not feel like keeping up with. As of now, I expect to return for the new infamy update, but I doubt I'll be able to stay long.

Runescape, old runescape really was alot better then it is now.

I agree entirely with you, as someone who was part of the "Miniclip generation" of Runescape. I spent 8 years in that game (didn't really have much choice) and left because of the EoC update, not to mention the worsening of their toxic community (which is why I still play alone on many occasions). At least I have brought some good things from the game with me, like a best friend who is now also an active Warframe player.

Dota 2. Oh who am I kidding I'll be back in it eventually.

I also have fond memories of Garry's Mod, Killing Floor, CoD: MW and CoD: MW2. I would still been playing MW2 from time to time if Activision didn't shut down 4D1 for good. The times of aIW and 4D1 were good times. Sadface.

PAYDAY 2 was fun, maybe I'll come back to it at some point. Still looking for two more friends to make a full group, game's surprisingly not that popular among my buddies.

I've also been an avid fan of Serious Sam games, their multiplayer modes and the modding scene (not the steam workshop tat but actual mods over on their forums, yeah). Also thinking about coming back around.

Also, Skyrim. So very sick of it. Blergh.

Edited by Artarrwen

Spiral knights, as the devs basically gave up, made the system horrible, then forgot about content and made it all boxes containing items.

Tribes: Ascend, as the devs abandoned it

TF2, stopped liking it

Freesky Online, got destroyed

DCUO, lost interest in it

And others which I didn't play as much.

Hawken, that was the first game that really got me into gaming.  It was the best!  It had really awesome lore, unique mechs, and a pretty fair F2P system.  I'm glad I still have friends from the game and the community was a pretty nice and likable group.  Even over arguments, it was still more calm than other forum communities I'd join.

Mabinogi

I use to play this game back in my Earrly high school days Religiously. main character made it to level 3600+ in total levels

saddly since i had stoped playing for the month or so do to some catastrophic Event which almost blew up the game, i was unable to carry on reguarding what everyone did to level up and pass the time, so slowly i quitted the game and left it entirly 

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Online:

got tired of paying sub and f2p is totally gimped, the promise of story based content just never happened

World of tanks:

community became extremely toxic, maps turned into LoL maps, esports garbage, dev shenagins

Hawken:

fun game still enjoy but the devs have dropped the game and the servers are running on borrowed time also population has crashed

The Crew - tired of S#&$ hard grind on this game spamming play Skills for Platinum Parts lvl 50 and option you want.

Smite - Just Ping problem... i can't play that with 9999 ms and a lot of lag spike.

Skyrim - too much workshop on steam killed my character q_q (bug bug everywhere)

Champion Online - You know what happened there and why........

WoT - Toxic player everywhere in low tier.

etc I can't listed all of them.

games ive played before and moved on from?mmo speaking?

Runescape (precisely 12 or so years ago,unfortunately,hey give me a break i was only 13 at the time,im 25 now)

Pristontale (off and on since 2004)

M.A.T. (mission against terror)

Ace online

forsaken world

guild wars 2

swtor

blacklight retribution (still occasionally play it for kicks)

perfect world (still regularly log on there)

star trek online (occasionally)

jade dynasty (once in a blue moon)

Defiance (which was what i played before warframe,odd things happened there under my influence,incase your curious,my forum name there was "moof",if you remember me,know this,i did it for the community)

Edited by GunDownGrace

Team Fortress 2, every second server is either begging for money or filled with pay to win super power non-sense. Grew tired of exporting my blacklist everytime i reinstalled my OS.

Borderlands 2, i reached the point of i don't care anymore about the game.

League of legends: grew bored, didn't wanted to commit myself to monthly "do your chore ranked game".

Elder Scrolls series: tried out every possible quest related mod out there, made the game cringe worthy with every random silliness that was the skyrim, morrowind and oblivion i might revisit them.

FTL: unlocked every ship, did most of the achievements.

Xcom: i think i completed the game about 10 times now, should be enough for a while.

Guild Wars 2: leveling was fun but endgame was a mess in that game, i might revisit it but chances are slim.

World of Warcraft: oh boy,started in vanilla, left the raiding at the end of WOTLK expansion and played it few times in cataclysm and that's it.

SWTOR: frankly i felt spoiled after inquisitor storyline, no other class matched that finale, shame really.

Robocraft: i played the game for 3-4 hours and grew bored of it, i have no idea how people get the fun out of it further.