The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Roar - Useless Compared To Other Abilities Because Of Augment Mods

Fraank

I just want to say that Rhino's Roar is useless, compared to other abilities of other Warframe if you equip their augment mods.

e.g. Mirage's ability eclipse with the augment mod "total eclipse" is the easiest way to replace a roaring rhino.

why should i use a max 142% dmg buff if there is a ~450% dmg buff?

Nova's ability Molekular Prime is better too, due to the fact that i can speed up enemies or slow them down.

Ember/Volt/Frost/Saryn/oberons first ability +augment mod are way better than rhino's roar too.

adding different damage types is even more usefull than just a plain damage buff.

(usually you only need to buff 1-2 teammates anyways. e.g. excalibur if you do run on ceres-draco)

No offense to the rhino players, but his 3rd ability is simply useless compared to other abilities since the introduction of augment mods.

Edit: i dont want to say "please buff rhino because he is c**p" , i want to say that some augment mods are badly designed in my opinion.

Edited by -ExT-Fraank

IMO it should taunt enemies/draw aggro to make Rhino more team-friendly.

Since when did Mighty Roars taunt and aggro enemies :||||

Team buff and enemy debuff suits Roar more. How about 2xdamage increase, 25% enemy speed reduction and 30% enemy reduced weapon proficiency?

Ember/Volt/Frost/Saryn/oberons first ability +augment mod are way better than rhino's roar too.

adding different damage types is even more usefull than just a plain damage buff.

(usually you only need to buff 1-2 teammates anyways. e.g. excalibur if you do run on ceres-draco)

They are even better on Frost and Volt, they got power strength arcane helmet

e.g. excalibur if you do run on ceres-draco

i might be wrong, but looks like excal buffed by mirage for about 250% no 560%

Edit: i dont want to say "please buff rhino because he is c**p" , i want to say that some augment mods are badly designed in my opinion.

So what are you saying? Nerf augments to be more inline with rhino buffs?

Edited by -10no-GCoda

why should i use a max 142% dmg buff if there is a ~450% dmg buff?

Because a) Roar has a greater base range (25m vs. 5 m) and b) doesn't require that you stay next to the Rhino the entire time because you lose the buff as soon as you move away one step.

i want to say that some augment mods are badly designed in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that the augments are badly designed. Of course they are more powerful, but if you compare them to Roar:

Roar comes with the warframe, affects every ally unit in range with one cast

"Elemental Warrior" augments or Total Eclipse a) require rank 5 with a Syndicate, b) need a mod slot, c) suffer from the downsides of the abilities (both Fireball and Freeze don't need a target, so you can miss your teammate), d) need individual casts for each teammate, e) can't be cast on self

Total Eclipse might be cool for Defense farming, but in normal missions, when you're on the move, Roar is much more helpful IMO.

Because a) Roar has a greater base range (25m vs. 5 m) and b) doesn't require that you stay next to the Rhino the entire time because you lose the buff as soon as you move away one step.

You can not re cast it if some one missed it. All augments recastable. They should make Roar work like Volt`s speed

They are even better on Frost and Volt, they got power strength arcane helmet

i might be wrong, but looks like excal buffed by mirage for about 250% no 560%

I just offered some examples, It doesnt matter if there are "better" ways to buff excal or not. because every other way is better than rhino's roar.

So what are you saying? Nerf augments to be more inline with rhino buffs?

I just want to share my opinion. For me as a player it s simply feels bad designed.

I dont know how to solve the "problem". I dont even know if there is a "problem". The only thing that i see is, that it doesnt make sense to use rhino's roar due to the fact that we have augment mods.

By the way, i m not a game designer, why should i come up with a solution? :p

I just offered some examples, It doesnt matter if there are "better" ways to buff excal or not. because every other way is better than rhino's roar.

This what i meant, kinda agreeing, they introduced first wave of augments, and buffs were better, even stack in a weird ways, after a while even added more time on them, so people use them more often

I just want to share my opinion. For me as a player it s simply feels bad designed.

I dont know how to solve the "problem". I dont even know if there is a "problem".

I believe, this is just a minor form of power creep at this point, so this was a conscious decision, Rhino is pretty old frame it needs to be rebalanced often to stay in line, not just in damage output but in a mechanics too. We got more ways to CC, new ways to take more damage, ways to stay alive while getting shot at, and more ways to increase damage output of a team. Rhino is old, he doesn't know new and hip ways of tenno XD

i hope even with my bad English you can understand what i am trying to say

Edited by -10no-GCoda

I believe, this is just a minor form of power creep at this point, so this was a conscious decision, Rhino is pretty old frame it needs to be rebalanced often to stay in line, not just in damage output but in a mechanics too. We got more ways to CC, new ways to take more damage, ways to stay alive while getting shot at, and more ways to increase damage output of a team. Rhino is old, he doesn't know new and hip ways of tenno XD

i hope even with my bad English you can understand what i am trying to say

makes sense to me. I agree.

Seriously?  Roar doesn't cost a slot and can buff your whole team without having to aim anything or be humping them.  I think you meant to say "Roar isn't as good at buffing my Excaliburs when rep farming."  Even in the case of rep farming it has the advantage of not requiring syndicate exclusives while still being enough to go two rounds.

"This is old, please powercreep it" has been an abhorrent trend as of late.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Those abilities you compared with Roar are too different that makes the comparison not quite valid.

Furthermore, Rhino's set still makes him having his own status and role among other frames.

If you are looking for bad augment design, see Irradiating disarm replaced Chaos and makes Loki completely replaced Nyx.

However people like Loki master race so much (even the Devs)  that no one would care to admit this problem.